Bought a new iPhone 8 yesterday

frankras

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

Good article, thanks very much! Yeah my fourth letter in my serial number is a “Z” so it was made in the second half of 2019

191a00d9ff9c10cd20210f4189058b68.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am still loving my 8+. It's a great phone, but I understand the appeal of purchasing a newer model because it will be around longer. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I am still loving my 8+. It's a great phone, but I understand the appeal of purchasing a newer model because it will be around longer. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Well if I keep the eight I can still buy an extra set a tires for my car if I want ha ha

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I got a buddy who refuses to give up his iPhone 6. His battery health is still 90% which is unbelievable he only has three apps on it and he has to charge it about every two days. The thing with me is I won’t have a phone without iOS updates anymore because I have banking apps and stuff. So as long as I can get three solid years of updates with the iPhone 8 I’m happy because by then the battery will probably be kaput anyway as I usually have 50 apps running in the background.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone 8! My son is a fan of the smaller form factor 6/7/8 and currently has iPhone 7. He had the chance to get an iPhone XR last year but instead chose to upgrade to the iPhone 7 for the JB color and price. We're playing close attention to the rumored SE2 for the form factor. Enjoy your new phone!!

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone 8! My son is a fan of the smaller form factor 6/7/8 and currently has iPhone 7. He had the chance to get an iPhone XR last year but instead chose to upgrade to the iPhone 7 for the JB color and price. We're playing close attention to the rumored SE2 for the form factor. Enjoy your new phone!!

Thanks and yeah my seven was the best phone I ever had but I did notice a slight slowdown on the massively bloated Facebook app, but then sometimes it would be fast again so I’m thinking it could just be some glitches with iOS 13. I got only a year and a half out of my iPhone 5c before it started grinding to a halt and nothing would load, but then that was only a 32 bit processor. I expect we should be fine for quite a while with a seven or an eight, I hope.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I keep telling her eventually Apple will stop making updates for it but she won’t listen lol

There are probably still app updates :). Last year I bought a cheap android galaxy tab a 7 inch just to learn android and that thing is running ancient lollipop 5.1 and it still gets a ton of app updates, which is great, but it’s nowhere nearly as fast as any Apple product I ever had, even my iPad one.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
There are probably still app updates :). Last year I bought a cheap android galaxy tab a 7 inch just to learn android and that thing is running ancient lollipop 5.1 and it still gets a ton of app updates, which is great, but it’s nowhere nearly as fast as any Apple product I ever had, even my iPad one.

Just today she asked me what my battery life is like and when I told her she goes “I might need to change my battery” and I followed it up by saying “or get a new phone” lol

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Just today she asked me what my battery life is like and when I told her she goes “I might need to change my battery” and I followed it up by saying “or get a new phone” lol

Haha yeah definitely not worth changing a battery on an older phone because the processor will just get slower and slower. I had a new battery put on my iPhone 5c after a year and a half because it was toast but that’s about the time the processor wouldn’t load pages quickly anymore so it’s just not worth it. It was only 50 bucks to change the battery at a little independent electronics place but still.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I got an email in my trash that I cannot delete. There’s about a 40 second video file I sent to a friend and I guess it was too big, anyway I removed the email account reinstalled the email account and the problem continues. Any other tricks for this?

EDIT: NVM, figured it out.

Last edited:

Instamixes

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
RaybanRJ,
Congrats for your New iPhone 8. I also just want to buy this phone. Can you please elaborate on all the features of this phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73