Bought a new iPhone 8 yesterday

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Just been watching YouTube videos about if the Apple Store installed Belkin tempered glass screen protectors are good and apparently in about 2018 they stop making them for a while because there was 0.21 mm thin and they were breaking too easily under normal use so I think now they improve the most are 0.33. I kind of wish I saved the packaging for the screen protector because I remember there being a lot of information on it but it was just out of curiosity. Perfect installation when they use their machine.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes I wish I kept my 8+ for longer. I was playing around with my 5c the other day and realized how much I miss the home button. The updated cameras however keep sucking me in lol

I still think my 6+ is the best phone I’ve ever owned.

Enjoy your new phone

What do you use now?

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Nice. I saw a pearl white iPhone 11 Pro at iWorld when I bought my phone and man that was beautiful. It’s the same colour as my dad‘s white diamond Cadillac, kind of a pearl with sparkle flake finish.

I decided to get the smaller phone this time around because I was wanting something less bulky and easier to hold. My iPhones have been 5c, 6+, 8+, xs max and 11 pro. I always go for space grey except for my 5c which was pink lol

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I decided to get the smaller phone this time around because I was wanting something less bulky and easier to hold. My iPhones have been 5c, 6+, 8+, xs max and 11 pro. I always go for space grey except for my 5c which was pink lol

Yeah I would definitely get the smaller iPhone 11 Pro it’s absolutely the perfect size. And it has enough power to run 10 nuclear power plants ;-)

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

Here is the Canadian price, starting price, for the iPhone 11 pro models and add to this 11% tax.
ab62de3d074ef17775983305fd961235.jpg

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Here they want something like $450 just to get the iPhone Pro on a two-year plan.

Here in Australia you pay nothing upfront and with my phone company if your phone is in good working condition after 12 months you can trade in to get a new phone for a $99 fee. Hence why I’ve had so many phones lol

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Here in Australia you pay nothing upfront and with my phone company if your phone is in good working condition after 12 months you can trade in to get a new phone for a $99 fee. Hence why I’ve had so many phones lol

That’s an amazing deal. Seems almost kind of wasteful though because the power of the iPhone 11 Pro should be good for about five years. I didn’t even notice any slow down on my iPhone 7 until near the three-year mark.

I know I’m not a fan of going through the iCloud update to restore a new phone because there’s always a ton of apps I have to re-login to that didn’t fully login and I guess I forgot to check off iCloud photos to back them up until I lost all the photos on my phone, but it’s no big deal I have them all somewhere on Facebook. But still, do you really like going through that experience every year LOL...

On a positive note, it took about five hours when I got the phone for the iCloud restore to put back all my cards in my Apple wallet for Apple Pay, and I’m glad it did because I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I remember having to phone the bank to set it up initially when I started using Apple Pay and that worked seamlessly for me. It did have an issue where it wouldn’t accept the security code on my card, so I set it up as a brand new card and it worked perfectly, it automatically deleted the old bank card (even though it was the SAME CARD.)

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Thinking about this I probably could’ve bought the iPhone 11 Pro but then my friends would probably resent me and be jealous and never talk to me again LOL

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh question, is there anyway I can find out when the production date of the iPhone 8 was?

I cannot immediately find the Apple site that shows the production date. When I had a warranty replacement 8, it showed like this (myS.N blanked out).

Replacement iPhone 8

Model: iPhone 8
Brand: APPLE
SN:
Color: Space Grey
Memory: 64GB
Production date: 11-12-2018
iPhone age: 0 year(s), 0 month(s), 20 day(s)
Factory: China

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I cannot immediately find the Apple site that shows the production date. When I had a warranty replacement 8, it showed like this (myS.N blanked out).

Replacement iPhone 8

Model:iPhone 8
Brand:APPLE
SN:
Color:Space Grey
Memory:64GB
Production date:11-12-2018
iPhone age:0 year(s), 0 month(s), 20 day(s)
Factory:China

OK. Thanks. I was just wondering if there was some code or number on the box where it might give me a clue as to when it was built exactly. I think it was my BlackBerry box that would say a month and a year that your phone was built but I don’t know if Apple does anything like that so simple..

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
That’s an amazing deal. Seems almost kind of wasteful though because the power of the iPhone 11 Pro should be good for about five years. I didn’t even notice any slow down on my iPhone 7 until near the three-year mark.

I know I’m not a fan of going through the iCloud update to restore a new phone because there’s always a ton of apps I have to re-login to that didn’t fully login and I guess I forgot to check off iCloud photos to back them up until I lost all the photos on my phone, but it’s no big deal I have them all somewhere on Facebook. But still, do you really like going through that experience every year LOL...

On a positive note, it took about five hours when I got the phone for the iCloud restore to put back all my cards in my Apple wallet for Apple Pay, and I’m glad it did because I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I remember having to phone the bank to set it up initially when I started using Apple Pay and that worked seamlessly for me. It did have an issue where it wouldn’t accept the security code on my card, so I set it up as a brand new card and it worked perfectly, it automatically deleted the old bank card (even though it was the SAME CARD.)

I don’t mind setting the phone up again lol. I am addicted to new technology. The only thing I hate are any games that don’t link to Facebook or iCloud and you lose EVERYTHING when you change to a new device. I always try and only play games that allow you to transfer data for this exact reason

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t mind setting the phone up again lol. I am addicted to new technology. The only thing I hate are any games that don’t link to Facebook or iCloud and you lose EVERYTHING when you change to a new device. I always try and only play games that allow you to transfer data for this exact reason

You shouldn't lose much game stuff if you set up a new device with your iCloud back up.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
So just out of curiosity I messaged iWorld and they said I could trade my new iPhone 8 towards a white iPhone 11 Pro, regular size. I’m just curious what they’re going to say as to how much value I might lose on my two day old phone. At this point I have every intention of keeping the eight I’m just more curious than anything.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

Yeah it’s strange because when I went from an iPhone 5c to my seven 2 1/2 years ago everything including passwords and photos got put back on the phone I basically had to do nothing to start using it. It was seamless. Then earlier this year my parents both got new iPad pros one the 12.9 and one the 11 inch, the smaller iPad put everything on, no logging in but on the larger 12.9 I had to log into several apps, good thing I make use of Keychain for those PW’s!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox