Congrats on your new iPhone 8! My son is a fan of the smaller form factor 6/7/8 and currently has iPhone 7. He had the chance to get an iPhone XR last year but instead chose to upgrade to the iPhone 7 for the JB color and price. We're playing close attention to the rumored SE2 for the form factor. Enjoy your new phone!!
    Thanks and yeah my seven was the best phone I ever had but I did notice a slight slowdown on the massively bloated Facebook app, but then sometimes it would be fast again so I’m thinking it could just be some glitches with iOS 13. I got only a year and a half out of my iPhone 5c before it started grinding to a halt and nothing would load, but then that was only a 32 bit processor. I expect we should be fine for quite a while with a seven or an eight, I hope.
    ksassy likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:13 AM
    My mom still uses an iPhone 5 lol
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:21 AM
    My mom still uses an iPhone 5 lol
    Lols as long as she is not a spy or doing phone banking it might be ok
    11-18-2019 10:23 AM
    Lols as long as she is not a spy or doing phone banking it might be ok
    I keep telling her eventually Apple will stop making updates for it but she won’t listen lol
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:25 AM
    I keep telling her eventually Apple will stop making updates for it but she won’t listen lol
    Updates just stopped for the iPhone 6 here. Maybe Australia is special or something but I thought that ship has sailed
    11-18-2019 10:28 AM
    There are probably still app updates . Last year I bought a cheap android galaxy tab a 7 inch just to learn android and that thing is running ancient lollipop 5.1 and it still gets a ton of app updates, which is great, but it’s nowhere nearly as fast as any Apple product I ever had, even my iPad one.
    11-18-2019 10:30 AM
    There are probably still app updates . Last year I bought a cheap android galaxy tab a 7 inch just to learn android and that thing is running ancient lollipop 5.1 and it still gets a ton of app updates, which is great, but it’s nowhere nearly as fast as any Apple product I ever had, even my iPad one.
    Just today she asked me what my battery life is like and when I told her she goes “I might need to change my battery” and I followed it up by saying “or get a new phone” lol
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:33 AM
    Just today she asked me what my battery life is like and when I told her she goes “I might need to change my battery” and I followed it up by saying “or get a new phone” lol
    Haha yeah definitely not worth changing a battery on an older phone because the processor will just get slower and slower. I had a new battery put on my iPhone 5c after a year and a half because it was toast but that’s about the time the processor wouldn’t load pages quickly anymore so it’s just not worth it. It was only 50 bucks to change the battery at a little independent electronics place but still.
    11-18-2019 10:39 AM
    I got an email in my trash that I cannot delete. There’s about a 40 second video file I sent to a friend and I guess it was too big, anyway I removed the email account reinstalled the email account and the problem continues. Any other tricks for this?

EDIT: NVM, figured it out.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 11-18-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    11-18-2019 11:39 AM
    RaybanRJ,
    Congrats for your New iPhone 8. I also just want to buy this phone. Can you please elaborate on all the features of this phone?
    11-19-2019 06:20 AM
    RaybanRJ,
    Congrats for your New iPhone 8. I also just want to buy this phone. Can you please elaborate on all the features of this phone?
    Dude, it’s an iPhone.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-8/specs/#mn_p
    11-19-2019 07:19 AM
    RaybanRJ,
    It has the best features of any of the pre-Xstyle iPhones. Best camera for sure. My wife likes hers. I got her this OtterBox Commuter, along with the OtterBox Alpha Glass screen protector.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-19-2019 10:23 AM
    It has the best features of any of the pre-Xstyle iPhones. Best camera for sure. My wife likes hers. I got her this OtterBox Commuter, along with the OtterBox Alpha Glass screen protector.
    [IMG=1024x663]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191119/a274aa1eec3debe01014518e25262f8a.jpg[/url]
    Yep I had an OtterBox Commuter but in aqua mint for about a year and a half for my 7, then I got bored with it and gave it to a friend earlier this year who I helped get his first iPhone (from a flip phone) 8, so later today we’re going to trade Back because I have a couple of other cases he wants haha. I’ve got to get that Commuter back, would prefer not to drop 50 bucks on a new one.

With all these thin cases, see-through cases I’ve tried, they’re great but they just don’t have enough screen lip protection and I’ve never felt worried with the OtterBox commuter. It’s just the right thickness without being bulky. That was a big part of wanting an eight because it can use all of the seven cases.
    11-19-2019 10:38 AM
    RaybanRJ,
    At time of release, it was rumored the iPhone 8 would have the capabilities to save mankind. This was later pushed back for inclusion on iPhone 12 due to some technical issues. Otherwise, my wife and daughter say it’s a great phone.
    11-19-2019 11:29 AM
    So they said IF I DID want to trade the 3 day old 8 in towards an 11 Pro they could do $469. But there is no way I am taking a $150 loss so I am definitely keeping the 8. I was just curious what they would offer.
    11-19-2019 04:23 PM
    I would relax and enjoy your iPhone 8 it's a great device .
    RaybanRJ and Spencerdl like this.
    11-19-2019 04:44 PM
    Yep I had an OtterBox Commuter but in aqua mint for about a year and a half for my 7, then I got bored with it and gave it to a friend earlier this year who I helped get his first iPhone (from a flip phone) 8, so later today we’re going to trade Back because I have a couple of other cases he wants haha. I’ve got to get that Commuter back, would prefer not to drop 50 bucks on a new one.

With all these thin cases, see-through cases I’ve tried, they’re great but they just don’t have enough screen lip protection and I’ve never felt worried with the OtterBox commuter. It’s just the right thickness without being bulky. That was a big part of wanting an eight because it can use all of the seven cases.
    Amazon has the Commuter cases for iPhone 8 from $20 to $30.
    11-19-2019 05:06 PM
    Amazon has the Commuter cases for iPhone 8 from $20 to $30.
    Well the one I want, the cheapest is $40 Canadian on Amazon.ca Surprisingly the black ones are $49 and that’s the same price as Best Buy here. But I was also at Walmart today and they’re down to $31 for the black one.

I remember just a year ago the black ones were down to $20 on special at Amazon.ca. No idea what would make the price go up to retail prices especially since it’s an older device now
    11-19-2019 05:12 PM
    Thanks, Ledsteplin for describing me about the configurations and features about iPhone 8
    11-23-2019 02:12 AM
    Bought my first wireless charging pad today, Black Friday special. Been also watching a lot of YouTube videos about how the electromagnetic coil’s create a lot of heat and I noticed there was more heat and how it might possibly have a detrimental effect on the life of the battery.
    11-23-2019 02:17 AM
    Can someone please tell me a good battery alarm app where you can send it to a certain percentage and the phone will tell you the battery is at that level? I bought a Belkin wireless charger and I just don’t want to thing running all night long. An app that has a good alarm and possibly a temperature also but just the alarm would be great. Almost every one that I see in the App Store either has not been updated in at least a year or doesn’t get that great of reviews . Anyone?
    12-01-2019 02:15 AM
    Can someone please tell me a good battery alarm app where you can send it to a certain percentage and the phone will tell you the battery is at that level? I bought a Belkin wireless charger and I just don’t want to thing running all night long. An app that has a good alarm and possibly a temperature also but just the alarm would be great. Almost every one that I see in the App Store either has not been updated in at least a year or doesn’t get that great of reviews . Anyone?
    That or is there phone setting internally? Don’t laugh but I’m still using my XR no differently than I used flip phones 20 years ago.
    12-01-2019 10:51 AM
    That or is there phone setting internally? Don’t laugh but I’m still using my XR no differently than I used flip phones 20 years ago.
    Nope there is no setting for that but I wish there was. I went and bought this app for $2 and it doesn’t work. It was one of the top 5 battery alarm apps when I Googled it. I am convinced none of them work, I’ve tried a few in the past and that was the same thing.

12-01-2019 11:11 AM
    Nope there is no setting for that but I wish there was. I went and bought this app for $2 and it doesn’t work. It was one of the top 5 battery alarm apps when I Googled it. I am convinced none of them work, I’ve tried a few in the past and that was the same thing.

[IMG=577x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191201/87dae8b6f5082a251b23151771cb8ce8.jpg[/url]
    Well, I guess I’m still not really missing anything. Sorry to hear..
    12-01-2019 11:42 AM
    So I messaged the creator of the app and he took the issue seriously and was good to see a response from him
    12-01-2019 02:22 PM
79 1234