I decided to get the smaller phone this time around because I was wanting something less bulky and easier to hold. My iPhones have been 5c, 6+, 8+, xs max and 11 pro. I always go for space grey except for my 5c which was pink lol
    Yeah I would definitely get the smaller iPhone 11 Pro it’s absolutely the perfect size. And it has enough power to run 10 nuclear power plants ;-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 08:44 PM
    I decided to get the smaller phone this time around because I was wanting something less bulky and easier to hold. My iPhones have been 5c, 6+, 8+, xs max and 11 pro. I always go for space grey except for my 5c which was pink lol
    Here is the Canadian price, starting price, for the iPhone 11 pro models and add to this 11% tax.
    11-17-2019 08:48 PM
    Here is the Canadian price, starting price, for the iPhone 11 pro models and add to this 11% tax. [IMG=577x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/ab62de3d074ef17775983305fd961235.jpg[/url]
    Australia is worse lol

Bought a new iPhone 8 yesterday-img_3438.jpg
    11-17-2019 08:56 PM
    Australia is worse lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3438.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	127662
    . Yeah the cash price here for an iPhone 11, regular iPhone 11 is $979, so you win the prize.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 09:11 PM
    . Yeah the cash price here for an iPhone 11, regular iPhone 11 is $979, so you win the prize.
    Hence why I get my phones on a plan and upgrade after a year
    RaybanRJ and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-17-2019 09:20 PM
    Hence why I get my phones on a plan and upgrade after a year
    Here they want something like $450 just to get the iPhone Pro on a two-year plan.
    11-17-2019 09:22 PM
    Here they want something like $450 just to get the iPhone Pro on a two-year plan.
    Here in Australia you pay nothing upfront and with my phone company if your phone is in good working condition after 12 months you can trade in to get a new phone for a $99 fee. Hence why I’ve had so many phones lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 09:34 PM
    Here in Australia you pay nothing upfront and with my phone company if your phone is in good working condition after 12 months you can trade in to get a new phone for a $99 fee. Hence why I’ve had so many phones lol
    That’s an amazing deal. Seems almost kind of wasteful though because the power of the iPhone 11 Pro should be good for about five years. I didn’t even notice any slow down on my iPhone 7 until near the three-year mark.

I know I’m not a fan of going through the iCloud update to restore a new phone because there’s always a ton of apps I have to re-login to that didn’t fully login and I guess I forgot to check off iCloud photos to back them up until I lost all the photos on my phone, but it’s no big deal I have them all somewhere on Facebook. But still, do you really like going through that experience every year LOL...

On a positive note, it took about five hours when I got the phone for the iCloud restore to put back all my cards in my Apple wallet for Apple Pay, and I’m glad it did because I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I remember having to phone the bank to set it up initially when I started using Apple Pay and that worked seamlessly for me. It did have an issue where it wouldn’t accept the security code on my card, so I set it up as a brand new card and it worked perfectly, it automatically deleted the old bank card (even though it was the SAME CARD.)
    11-17-2019 09:44 PM
    Thinking about this I probably could’ve bought the iPhone 11 Pro but then my friends would probably resent me and be jealous and never talk to me again LOL
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-17-2019 10:01 PM
    Oh question, is there anyway I can find out when the production date of the iPhone 8 was?
    I cannot immediately find the Apple site that shows the production date. When I had a warranty replacement 8, it showed like this (myS.N blanked out).

Replacement iPhone 8

Model: iPhone 8
    Brand: APPLE
    SN:
    Color: Space Grey
    Memory: 64GB
    Production date: 11-12-2018
    iPhone age: 0 year(s), 0 month(s), 20 day(s)
    Factory: China
    Laura Knotek and JandN2639 like this.
    11-17-2019 11:29 PM
    I cannot immediately find the Apple site that shows the production date. When I had a warranty replacement 8, it showed like this (myS.N blanked out).

Replacement iPhone 8

Model:iPhone 8
    Brand:APPLE
    SN:
    Color:Space Grey
    Memory:64GB
    Production date:11-12-2018
    iPhone age:0 year(s), 0 month(s), 20 day(s)
    Factory:China
    OK. Thanks. I was just wondering if there was some code or number on the box where it might give me a clue as to when it was built exactly. I think it was my BlackBerry box that would say a month and a year that your phone was built but I don’t know if Apple does anything like that so simple..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 11:31 PM
    That’s an amazing deal. Seems almost kind of wasteful though because the power of the iPhone 11 Pro should be good for about five years. I didn’t even notice any slow down on my iPhone 7 until near the three-year mark.

I know I’m not a fan of going through the iCloud update to restore a new phone because there’s always a ton of apps I have to re-login to that didn’t fully login and I guess I forgot to check off iCloud photos to back them up until I lost all the photos on my phone, but it’s no big deal I have them all somewhere on Facebook. But still, do you really like going through that experience every year LOL...

On a positive note, it took about five hours when I got the phone for the iCloud restore to put back all my cards in my Apple wallet for Apple Pay, and I’m glad it did because I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I remember having to phone the bank to set it up initially when I started using Apple Pay and that worked seamlessly for me. It did have an issue where it wouldn’t accept the security code on my card, so I set it up as a brand new card and it worked perfectly, it automatically deleted the old bank card (even though it was the SAME CARD.)
    I don’t mind setting the phone up again lol. I am addicted to new technology. The only thing I hate are any games that don’t link to Facebook or iCloud and you lose EVERYTHING when you change to a new device. I always try and only play games that allow you to transfer data for this exact reason
    RaybanRJ and Annie_M like this.
    11-18-2019 01:01 AM
    I don’t mind setting the phone up again lol. I am addicted to new technology. The only thing I hate are any games that don’t link to Facebook or iCloud and you lose EVERYTHING when you change to a new device. I always try and only play games that allow you to transfer data for this exact reason
    You shouldn't lose much game stuff if you set up a new device with your iCloud back up.
    11-18-2019 01:11 AM
    So just out of curiosity I messaged iWorld and they said I could trade my new iPhone 8 towards a white iPhone 11 Pro, regular size. I’m just curious what they’re going to say as to how much value I might lose on my two day old phone. At this point I have every intention of keeping the eight I’m just more curious than anything.
    11-18-2019 01:16 AM
    Yeah it’s strange because when I went from an iPhone 5c to my seven 2 1/2 years ago everything including passwords and photos got put back on the phone I basically had to do nothing to start using it. It was seamless. Then earlier this year my parents both got new iPad pros one the 12.9 and one the 11 inch, the smaller iPad put everything on, no logging in but on the larger 12.9 I had to log into several apps, good thing I make use of Keychain for those PW’s!
    11-18-2019 01:20 AM
    You shouldn't lose much game stuff if you set up a new device with your iCloud back up.
    There have been a few games where I have had to start all over again from the beginning from scratch. Now I always check lol
    11-18-2019 01:20 AM
    OK. Thanks. I was just wondering if there was some code or number on the box where it might give me a clue as to when it was built exactly. I think it was my BlackBerry box that would say a month and a year that your phone was built but I don’t know if Apple does anything like that so simple..
    Here is something. Not precise date but close.

https://mysmartgadget.com/how-to-che...-simple-steps/

Frank
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 02:10 AM
    Here is something. Not precise date but close.

https://mysmartgadget.com/how-to-che...-simple-steps/

Frank
    Good article, thanks very much! Yeah my fourth letter in my serial number is a “Z” so it was made in the second half of 2019

11-18-2019 02:17 AM
    Very nice choice!!! Enjoy your new phone!!!
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 09:50 AM
    I am still loving my 8+. It's a great phone, but I understand the appeal of purchasing a newer model because it will be around longer. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 09:58 AM
    I am still loving my 8+. It's a great phone, but I understand the appeal of purchasing a newer model because it will be around longer. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!
    Well if I keep the eight I can still buy an extra set a tires for my car if I want ha ha
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:00 AM
    LOL! There's always something, right?
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:01 AM
    I got a buddy who refuses to give up his iPhone 6. His battery health is still 90% which is unbelievable he only has three apps on it and he has to charge it about every two days. The thing with me is I won’t have a phone without iOS updates anymore because I have banking apps and stuff. So as long as I can get three solid years of updates with the iPhone 8 I’m happy because by then the battery will probably be kaput anyway as I usually have 50 apps running in the background.
    11-18-2019 10:04 AM
    Congrats on your new iPhone 8! My son is a fan of the smaller form factor 6/7/8 and currently has iPhone 7. He had the chance to get an iPhone XR last year but instead chose to upgrade to the iPhone 7 for the JB color and price. We're playing close attention to the rumored SE2 for the form factor. Enjoy your new phone!!
    RaybanRJ and Annie_M like this.
    11-18-2019 10:06 AM
    Congrats on your new iPhone 8! My son is a fan of the smaller form factor 6/7/8 and currently has iPhone 7. He had the chance to get an iPhone XR last year but instead chose to upgrade to the iPhone 7 for the JB color and price. We're playing close attention to the rumored SE2 for the form factor. Enjoy your new phone!!
    Thanks and yeah my seven was the best phone I ever had but I did notice a slight slowdown on the massively bloated Facebook app, but then sometimes it would be fast again so I’m thinking it could just be some glitches with iOS 13. I got only a year and a half out of my iPhone 5c before it started grinding to a halt and nothing would load, but then that was only a 32 bit processor. I expect we should be fine for quite a while with a seven or an eight, I hope.
    ksassy likes this.
    11-18-2019 10:13 AM
135 1234 ...