Sprint iPhone 8 randomly dropping service

Haydenr1

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site
For about a year, my Sprint iPhone 8 will drop service and the message, "Cannot activate cellular network" will appear on the screen. I've noticed this happens especially when streaming videos. It used to only happen once or twice a day, but now occurs as many as 10-15 times a day. Does anyone know what the cause of this issue is? Thanks!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I’ve been a Sprint customer for along time and recently the service has been subpar

I talked to customer service and there reply is there working on there advance LTE and are sorry for the service interruption

Things you can do are

Power cycle the device first

Then do a manual service update by dialing

##873283 # then tap CALL

Then follow the prompts

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I was on sprint, and knew there were dead spots in my city for service but always said the service was ok. Than last week I had a horrible customer service issue. It had nothing to do with bad cell service or anything I was trying to look at adding a line getting a new phone and upgrading. Well I was so frustrated a day later I went to xfinity and now I see the services and speeds I was missing. Dropped calls were a decent part of weekly life. If your with spring for the cost I’d look at xfinity if they are in your area

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am sprint, and knew there were dead spots in my city for service but always i considered the service is ok

Welcome to iMore

When I get bad Sprint Service I call and complain and two months ago I got a 75 dollar credit on my bill

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal