anyone experiencing iphone slowdown with their 8 recently?

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed in the past couple of weeks my iPhone 8 is SLLLOOOWWWW.

When I got it last fall, it was fast, quick and and smooth, very noticeable sitting next to my iPhone 6s. Now, it feels as if my iPhone 6s is faster.

I know apple wants me to keep buying the latest and greatest, but this is getting ridiculous. I guess their snooping listens to me talk about the Xr with my wife, and slows down my phone so I will buy the new one. ha ha.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed in the past couple of weeks my iPhone 8 is SLLLOOOWWWW.

When I got it last fall, it was fast, quick and and smooth, very noticeable sitting next to my iPhone 6s. Now, it feels as if my iPhone 6s is faster.

I know apple wants me to keep buying the latest and greatest, but this is getting ridiculous. I guess their snooping listens to me talk about the Xr with my wife, and slows down my phone so I will buy the new one. ha ha.

My backup iPhone 8 is still speedy and I haven’t noticed any performance decreases thus far.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Having noticed a slowdown in my 8, I restarted it a couple of times, and then tested it against my 6s, it's faster, but not a "wow inducing amount". The 6s really is the best iPhone apple has ever made.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey led steplin, I cannot view that link. It's back to normal now. must have been some software doing something weird for a couple of days.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I posted in some other thread that I thought my 8+ was slowing down ever so slightly, but that must have been an odd moment because it's been fine ever since. I have no complaints what so ever!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine does indeed seem slower than when I bought it. I have to keep and eye on it and see what is doing it.

Were you able to clear RAM? Clearing your Safari browser may help as well. Bookmark anything you want to keep, then go to settings > Safari and clear history and website data.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey led steplin, I cannot view that link. It's back to normal now. must have been some software doing something weird for a couple of days.

I bought an 8+ of someone and when I hooked it up from my wife it was a little slower than I had thought it should be So I reset it and restored it as brand new and then loaded her stuff on iCloud and it works like a dream now

Last edited: