My 8 is going nuts!!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow!!! That's awful, but I'm glad they are replacing it. Are they sending it to you, or are you going to the Apple Store?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow!!! That's awful, but I'm glad they are replacing it. Are they sending it to you, or are you going to the Apple Store?

Me too! I work across the street from an Apple Store, so I’m going to take it tomorrow. I worked from home today & just didn’t feel like leaving the house lol.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Performance throttling is back with iOS12.1. for the 8 and X.

iOS 12.1 Brings Apple's Controversial Performance Throttling Feature to iPhone X and iPhone 8

Noticed a passage:
"Thankfully, thanks to all the hue and cry that was raised last year after Apple confirmed it was intentionally slowing down older iPhones, there’s an option to turn off this “performance management feature.” This might lead your iPhone to reboot when under heavy load but it will at least ensure the performance of the device is not being throttled."

Your issue, although solved, may have something to do with it (rebooting under heavy load), or Apple did not want to highlight this issue.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a failure in the graphics hardware. I’ve seen video cards in PCs do weird things like that when they fail.

It was the logic board🤦🏾*♀️

Oh, what a wrong place to work to try to save money.
Halloween will be over soon and the alien will be out.
Very happy for you that Apple replace your phone. One thing Apple do good (sometimesí ½í¸€í ½í¸Ž)

I try really hard to stay out of there lol

Performance throttling is back with iOS12.1. for the 8 and X.

iOS 12.1 Brings Apple's Controversial Performance Throttling Feature to iPhone X and iPhone 8

Noticed a passage:
"Thankfully, thanks to all the hue and cry that was raised last year after Apple confirmed it was intentionally slowing down older iPhones, there’s an option to turn off this “performance management feature.” This might lead your iPhone to reboot when under heavy load but it will at least ensure the performance of the device is not being throttled."

Your issue, although solved, may have something to do with it (rebooting under heavy load), or Apple did not want to highlight this issue.

Very interesting!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here’s the link for the issue I had!

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-8-logic-board-replacement-program/#mn_p

Do you have a new phone?

They’ll be repairing the 8 tomorrow because I didn’t find out that this was a known issue until after I left the store. The tech I had didn’t tell me about this, so I ended up leaving with a Gold XS & my still dead 8. I bought the XS because I’m having serious trust issues with this 8 & the tech didn’t want to repair or replace it for free. . My battery has been depleting extremely fast & now this logic board issue. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be selling my 8 as soon as it gets fixed.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

They’ll be repairing the 8 tomorrow because I didn’t find out that this was a known issue until after I left the store. The tech I had didn’t tell me about this, so I ended up leaving with a Gold XS & my still dead 8. I bought the XS because I’m having serious trust issues with this 8 & the tech didn’t want to repair or replace it for free. . My battery has been depleting extremely fast & now this logic board issue. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be selling my 8 as soon as it gets fixed.

Wow... I'm glad for your and your new phone, but what a journey!!! I'm kind of disappointed in your tech's handling of this. But as long as you're happy :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You’ll get an email from Apple soon to rate your experience at the AppleStore.
Use that to let Apple know that one of their employees isn’t as capable as expected.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

No AppleCare+? Either way, since it's a known issue they shouldn't have given you any hassle. Kinda weird that their own Genius folks weren't aware. I thought they had a database that made them privy to these issues when they went through their repair process.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope you didn’t lose your cool

Not at all The woman was very nice. It’s not her fault they didn’t educate properly!

Congratulations on your Xs purchase

It’s hard to leave the Apple Store empty handed

Thanks!! If I didn’t need a device, I wouldn’t have gotten it. It’s definitely going to take some getting use to...my X camera seems much better🤷🏾*♀️

No AppleCare+? Either way, since it's a known issue they shouldn't have given you any hassle. Kinda weird that their own Genius folks weren't aware. I thought they had a database that made them privy to these issues when they went through their repair process.

I had it but it wouldn’t be a free repair. Idk what happened but I’ll be taking this thing back in, so it can get repaired for the sell lol.