Performance throttling is back with iOS12.1. for the 8 and X.

iOS 12.1 Brings Apple's Controversial Performance Throttling Feature to iPhone X and iPhone 8

Noticed a passage:
    "Thankfully, thanks to all the hue and cry that was raised last year after Apple confirmed it was intentionally slowing down older iPhones, there’s an option to turn off this “performance management feature.” This might lead your iPhone to reboot when under heavy load but it will at least ensure the performance of the device is not being throttled."

Your issue, although solved, may have something to do with it (rebooting under heavy load), or Apple did not want to highlight this issue.
    10-31-2018 10:01 AM
    Looks like a failure in the graphics hardware. I’ve seen video cards in PCs do weird things like that when they fail.
    It was the logic board🤦🏾*♀️

Oh, what a wrong place to work to try to save money.
    Halloween will be over soon and the alien will be out.
    Very happy for you that Apple replace your phone. One thing Apple do good (sometimesí ½í¸€í ½í¸Ž)
    I try really hard to stay out of there lol

Performance throttling is back with iOS12.1. for the 8 and X.

iOS 12.1 Brings Apple's Controversial Performance Throttling Feature to iPhone X and iPhone 8

Noticed a passage:
    "Thankfully, thanks to all the hue and cry that was raised last year after Apple confirmed it was intentionally slowing down older iPhones, there’s an option to turn off this “performance management feature.” This might lead your iPhone to reboot when under heavy load but it will at least ensure the performance of the device is not being throttled."

Your issue, although solved, may have something to do with it (rebooting under heavy load), or Apple did not want to highlight this issue.
    Very interesting!!
    10-31-2018 01:50 PM
    Do you have a new phone?
    10-31-2018 02:35 PM
    Here’s the link for the issue I had!

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone...-program/#mn_p

Do you have a new phone?
    They’ll be repairing the 8 tomorrow because I didn’t find out that this was a known issue until after I left the store. The tech I had didn’t tell me about this, so I ended up leaving with a Gold XS & my still dead 8. I bought the XS because I’m having serious trust issues with this 8 & the tech didn’t want to repair or replace it for free. . My battery has been depleting extremely fast & now this logic board issue. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be selling my 8 as soon as it gets fixed.
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
    10-31-2018 03:04 PM

They’ll be repairing the 8 tomorrow because I didn’t find out that this was a known issue until after I left the store. The tech I had didn’t tell me about this, so I ended up leaving with a Gold XS & my still dead 8. I bought the XS because I’m having serious trust issues with this 8 & the tech didn’t want to repair or replace it for free. . My battery has been depleting extremely fast & now this logic board issue. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be selling my 8 as soon as it gets fixed.
    Wow... I'm glad for your and your new phone, but what a journey!!! I'm kind of disappointed in your tech's handling of this. But as long as you're happy
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2018 04:07 PM

You’ll get an email from Apple soon to rate your experience at the AppleStore.
    Use that to let Apple know that one of their employees isn’t as capable as expected.
    10-31-2018 04:23 PM
    You’ll get an email from Apple soon to rate your experience at the AppleStore.
    Use that to let Apple know that one of their employees isn’t as capable as expected.
    I completed that already lol
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
    10-31-2018 04:35 PM
    I completed that already lol
    I hope you didn’t lose your cool
    10-31-2018 04:44 PM
    Congratulations on your Xs purchase

It’s hard to leave the Apple Store empty handed
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    10-31-2018 04:46 PM
    10-31-2018 05:14 PM

No AppleCare+? Either way, since it's a known issue they shouldn't have given you any hassle. Kinda weird that their own Genius folks weren't aware. I thought they had a database that made them privy to these issues when they went through their repair process.
    10-31-2018 05:22 PM
    I hope you didn’t lose your cool
    Not at all The woman was very nice. It’s not her fault they didn’t educate properly!

Congratulations on your Xs purchase

It’s hard to leave the Apple Store empty handed
    Thanks!! If I didn’t need a device, I wouldn’t have gotten it. It’s definitely going to take some getting use to...my X camera seems much better🤷🏾*♀️

No AppleCare+? Either way, since it's a known issue they shouldn't have given you any hassle. Kinda weird that their own Genius folks weren't aware. I thought they had a database that made them privy to these issues when they went through their repair process.
    I had it but it wouldn’t be a free repair. Idk what happened but I’ll be taking this thing back in, so it can get repaired for the sell lol.
    10-31-2018 08:43 PM
    Wow... I'm glad for your and your new phone, but what a journey!!! I'm kind of disappointed in your tech's handling of this. But as long as you're happy
    Thanks, Annie!!! I feel the same way!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-31-2018 08:44 PM
    Me too!!! One of the reasons I stick with an iPhone. Nothing like this has ever happened, but I can’t imagine what I would have to go through if I was dealing with another company.
    Good luck nikkisharif! I hope it works out for you.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2018 08:52 PM
    Good luck nikkisharif! I hope it works out for you.
    Thank you
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-31-2018 08:57 PM
    Not at all The woman was very nice. It’s not her fault they didn’t educate properly!

Thanks!! If I didn’t need a device, I wouldn’t have gotten it. It’s definitely going to take some getting use to...my X camera seems much better*♀️

I had it but it wouldn’t be a free repair. Idk what happened but I’ll be taking this thing back in, so it can get repaired for the sell lol.
    Wait, what? You had AppleCare+ and you were still going to be charged for a replacement on a non-physically damaged repair? Correct me if I'm wrong but your phone had no physical damage and was instead experiencing issues with the screen displaying poorly and resetting? I don't understand what they would be charging you for? What was the point in AppleCare+ at that point?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-02-2018 12:10 AM
    Wait, what? You had AppleCare+ and you were still going to be charged for a replacement on a non-physically damaged repair? Correct me if I'm wrong but your phone had no physical damage and was instead experiencing issues with the screen displaying poorly and resetting? I don't understand what they would be charging you for? What was the point in AppleCare+ at that point?
    Yep!!!! It was absolutely ridiculous but I didn’t have time for the back and forth, since I was on work time. I did call Apple Support afterwards. They apologized & updated the notes on my account. I just dropped my device off for repair. The tech today was great. He told me this is a known issue with the early issued 8s & whether a person has AppleCare or not, the phone should be shipped out for repair free of cost to the customer. Now I just have to wait for it to come back, so I can sell it lol.
    kataran, Quis89 and libra89 like this.
    11-02-2018 01:22 PM
    Yep!!!! It was absolutely ridiculous but I didn’t have time for the back and forth, since I was on work time. I did call Apple Support afterwards. They apologized & updated the notes on my account. I just dropped my device off for repair. The tech today was great. He told me this is a known issue with the early issued 8s & whether a person has AppleCare or not, the phone should be shipped out for repair free of cost to the customer. Now I just have to wait for it to come back, so I can sell it lol.
    Glad it all worked out in the end!
    nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    11-02-2018 03:19 PM
    Glad it all worked out in the end!
    Thanks..me too
    libra89 likes this.
    11-02-2018 03:24 PM
44 12