New iphone user here. Been a Droid and Windows Phone users for years.
    So far, liking it except one thing. I miss my Swype keyboard. I tried installing it, but it says it is not available in the US in the Apple Store.
    Is there anyway to get it? For now, I'm using SwiftKey, but not sure I like it yet.

Also, a question about the Find Friends app. How is battery life affected with the number of people I share my location with? Is it the same no matter how many people or does it scale with more people?

Thanks in advance!
    06-06-2018 11:07 AM
    Welcome to iMore! There are several 3rd party keyboards available. SwiftKey is a good one. It has some cool features. There's others.
    Using location services does use battery. Anytime you use GPS, it will use battery. But I wouldn't worry much about that. Do as you like, then if it seems you're using too much, make adjustments.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 11:20 AM
    Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 02:10 PM
    Welcome. Swipe style key board is one of the things I miss from Android too, but I've found G board to be a good replacement. I wasn't happy with swipe for iOS or Swiftkey try them all and see what one you like.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 03:44 PM
    The owner of Swype (I think it's Nuance?) decided to terminate it. That's why it disappeared from the app store.
    As a long term Swype user, I got frustrated and tested all alternatives.
    I found Gboard to work best for me, although not being perfect.
    If you don't use the built in Google search function, they don't record what you're typing. At least this is what they claim....
    Last edited by gnirkatto; 06-07-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 05:18 PM
    Welcome to iMore! My favorite swipe keyboard is Nintype. You can do traditional one finger swiping or learn and get proficient with their two finger swipe and tap method.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 05:52 PM
    Greetings and salutations. Welcome to iMore. We're glad you're here.

I've been a long time SwiftKey user and really like it.

Also, my wife and son use FMF and I really don't think there's a noticeable battery drain issue. Been using that for a couple of years.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-06-2018 06:29 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

Correction... you were drinking the Kool-Aid. You've gone through detox and are now clean. After you've been clean for a year we'll toss you your first Apple Chip.
    Annie_8plus, jleebiker and wenrob like this.
    06-07-2018 01:50 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore!!! It's great to have you here. I really can't answer your question about keyboards, but I can tell you that I use FMF with a half dozen people, and I do not notice any battery drain. It's a neat feature!
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-07-2018 02:23 PM
    The owner of Swype (I think it's Nuance?) decided to terminate it. That's why it disappeared from the app store.
    As a long term Swype user, I got frustrated and tested all alternatives.
    I found Gboard to work best for me, although not being perfect.
    If you don't use the built in Google search function, they don't record what you're typing. At least this is what they claim....
    Which keyboard records what you type without your consent?
    06-07-2018 08:37 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-07-2018 08:39 PM
    Which keyboard records what you type without your consent?
    None. However, if you don't grant 'full access', they won't work properly, and/or you won't be able to use the full scope of features.
    Gboard requests full access, like all others, but they explicitly say they won't record anything (which they could with full access), unless you use the built in Google search function.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-08-2018 02:13 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

Correction... you were drinking the Kool-Aid. You've gone through detox and are now clean. After you've been clean for a year we'll toss you your first Apple Chip.
    LOL! After this weekend and taking Live Pics. I'm sold! Reserve my chip right now!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-11-2018 11:07 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining and enjoy the forum.
    jleebiker likes this.
    06-11-2018 11:58 AM
    Word Flow is another option if you're looking for a swipe keyboard. Only I would warn you that it's occasionally pretty dumb. LOL. It makes ridiculous typos compared to on its original home, Windows Phone. I was a huge WP fan and loved Word Flow on it, which is why I installed it on my iPhone.
    06-21-2018 04:56 PM
    Welcome & Enjoy .
    06-21-2018 06:32 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your !
    06-21-2018 10:36 PM
    I was a long time Android user before that blackberry. I left when the note 7 had the issues to the 6s plus then the 7plus than the 8 plus I decided to sell that and try to go back to Android let’s just say that lasted 2 months and my coworker was selling a product red 8! This phone is awesome I haven’t had a small device in such a long time. One you really use the iPhone and apple products nothing else feels like it works properly. Let’s just say it’s like leaving the one ex you should’ve never left and going back hahaha. Well hope you stick to it it’s a great product.
    10-02-2018 09:24 PM
    Welcome to the life of iOS. You're going to find it easier to use as you go along. Enjoy!
    10-03-2018 03:13 PM