Upgrade to Iphone 8 Product Red From Iphone SE?

Bigben2493

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
I have an SE and want to upgrade while having a compact device for one handed use, Im not sure if this rumored SE 2 will ever come out and the other rumors about the 5.8,6.1 and 6.5 inch devices don't appeal to me. Also is it worth getting an 8 in June when the new phone comes out in September?
Thanks for all your help!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an SE and want to upgrade while having a compact device for one handed use, Im not sure if this rumored SE 2 will ever come out and the other rumors about the 5.8,6.1 and 6.5 inch devices don't appeal to me. Also is it worth getting an 8 in June when the new phone comes out in September?
Thanks for all your help!

Welcome to iMore!!

The iPhone 8 is an amazing device & you can’t go wrong. Plus the Product (Red) is beautiful!! Unfortunately nobody knows what the lineup will be until it’s announced. So you run the risk of not being able to get the device you want. If you needed the latest & greatest, I’d say wait but it doesn’t seem like that matters to you. If it were me & size was the most important thing, I’d get the 8 now. Weigh your options & decide what’s best for you. Best of luck!!!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you need it now, I’d say that the 8 is still a great phone.

I’d personally recommend waiting until September.

Couver81

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I was long over due for an upgrade so I upgraded to the Product Red iPhone 8. No regrets. The phone's performance is fantastic and the colour is just lovely. Plus part of the proceeds for the product red iPhones goes to a good cause.

Even with the next phone slated for release soon I went ahead because Apple does a good job future proofing their phones IMO. I was using a 5s and then a 6 long after they had been released with little to no issues. The functionality of the phones remained good. The 8 has a least a good 2 years if not 3 of life left.

I think it just depends on if you want what is out now or prefer to wait and see what September has to offer.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 8 is a great device fast and great camera/battery life and they are a good price right now before the new ones come out ,I think you would be good for years with the 8 and it is like your SE a great one handed device .

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased the iPhone 8 in product red! I had the 8 plus and sold it after seeing that apple went completely away from the finger print scanner. Well I’m back I couldn’t deal with Android so I decided to try a smaller device and although the iPhone xr is nice I figured for the price I paid for this it will last at least a year for me that is! It’s a great phone size performance you can’t go wrong

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711