iPhone 8 doesn't fit iPhone 7 case

stappleq

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Maybe iPhone 8 Plus fits an iPhone 7 Plus case but I can't find a case suitable for my iPhone 8.
I have tried 3 different iPhone 7/8 leather cases. They were all too small. Not much but enough to make it hard to put the iPhone 8 into it and pull it out from it again.
I am quite sure it's due to the fact that the manufactures have big stocks of the old iPhone 7 cases and therefore they wont make iPhone 8 cases!
iPhone 8 is just a bit wider than iPhone 7. The sellers tell us it doesn't matter but that's wrong.
I should have been waiting till I could afford an iPhone X.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you are having these issues. I went from a 7 to an 8 and use all my old cases. I didn’t have an issue with any of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe iPhone 8 Plus fits an iPhone 7 Plus case but I can't find a case suitable for my iPhone 8.
I have tried 3 different iPhone 7/8 leather cases. They were all too small. Not much but enough to make it hard to put the iPhone 8 into it and pull it out from it again.
I am quite sure it's due to the fact that the manufactures have big stocks of the old iPhone 7 cases and therefore they wont make iPhone 8 cases!
iPhone 8 is just a bit wider than iPhone 7. The sellers tell us it doesn't matter but that's wrong.
I should have been waiting till I could afford an iPhone X.

There are numerous people who are currently using a case they initially purchased for their iPhone 7 with their iPhone 8 without any problems. From what I gather, your complaint isn't it doesn't fit, but you find it difficult to put the device in the case and difficult to take it out. With that being said, you can always buy the Apple leather cases for it.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU3062453%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=xJmvNEJh

stappleq

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I have tried three leather cases. Two with horizontal flip (sidewards!) and one so-called "pull-case". The pull-case manufacturer took it back "repaired" it and send it again to me. They have tried to increase it, but it didnt help much.
From reviews I can se I am not alone with the problem!
I am new to this forum and I guess it's not allowed to write the name of the manufacturers. Otherwise I could write the name of the products so we could se if I am the only one here with iPhone 8 case-troubles.
NB! As mentioned it's just a common iPhone 8, not an iPhone 8 Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried three leather cases. Two with horizontal flip (sidewards!) and one so-called "pull-case". The pull-case manufacturer took it back "repaired" it and send it again to me. They have tried to increase it, but it didnt help much.
From reviews I can se I am not alone with the problem!
I am new to this forum and I guess it's not allowed to write the name of the manufacturers. Otherwise I could write the name of the products so we could se if I am the only one here with iPhone 8 case-troubles.
NB! As mentioned it's just a common iPhone 8, not an iPhone 8 Plus.

Check out the thread via the following link to see some of the members who've successfully used their iPhone 7 cases on their iPhone 8. What I recommend you do is choose a different manufacturer and then enjoy your iPhone 8 in its new case. You've done all you could do with the current manufacturer and it doesn't make sense to go out and claim that the the iPhone 8 doesn't fit into cases made originally for the iPhone 7 when in fact they do.

https://forums.imore.com/iphone-8/393705-best-cases-accessories-iphone-8-a.html

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
None of the three 7 Plus cases I bought fit my 8 Plus. There's slightly loose fitting cases and then there are tight fitting cases. I apparently bought the tight fitting ones. One of them fit so tight that it took both me and my husband to get the thing off (it was a slide on case, with a small section of the bottom sliding on to give it a finished look. There was a gap between the two case pieces when they should have fit together flush.... it just did not fit).

It's no surprise at all really because the two phones are not the same size. The 8 model is very very very slightly larger than the 7. The size differences are just enough to where tight fitting cases are not going to be compatible.

iPhone 7: 138.3 mm x 67.1 mm
iPhone 8: 138.4 mm x 67.3 mm

iPhone 7 Plus: 158.2 mm x 79.9 mm
iPhone 8 Plus: 158.4 mm x 78.1 mm

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2