No Instagram Notification Sound

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi All, I'm relatively new to iPhone and I'm having an issue with Instagram notifications. I receive the notifications but there is no sound. I checked my iPhone settings along with my Instagram settings and they seem correct. I looked a post from 2015 that says Instagram does not support notification sounds however, I feel that post may be outdated. I'm using iPhone 8 on iOS 11.2.2. Can someone please help?!?

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey Michael, welcome to iMore!
Try performing a hard reset, if that doesn’t solve the issue, then delete and reinstall Instagram.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I wasn’t quite sure about it, so I had to check my notifications settings for Instagram.
Apparently it does work with sound, or I wouldn’t have disabled it otherwise.

ab815aa1af323e6276a945ea9378b595.jpg

Your only recourse is to go to the Instagram app, go to notifications in Settings under your profile and select which notifications you like to get.

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
@Tartarus I've looked at the push notification settings from the Instagram app to make sure their on, as with iPhone settings > instagram notifications.

Could you test something for me? Can you turn your sound ON for Instagram notifications and receive a test notification to actually see if it works? If you ping me your handle i'll add you/like a photo or something.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
@Tartarus I've looked at the push notification settings from the Instagram app to make sure their on, as with iPhone settings > instagram notifications.

Could you test something for me? Can you turn your sound ON for Instagram notifications and receive a test notification to actually see if it works? If you ping me your handle i'll add you/like a photo or something.

My Instagram handle is theborderlesstraveler

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Well, tovelo just posted a photo and I got a notification with sound. For me, I get a sound with Instagram notifications.

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
@Keith Morris weird considering that @TripleOne has notification sounds for Instagram. Maybe is something that's fixed in the beta version he's testing. I hope so at least. It's something that bugs me because it doesn't work but if it did work I probably would turn the sound off lol

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I get notification sounds for direct messages! but nothing else... I was testing a bunch of things and a direct message appears to be the only thing that plays a notification sound.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This is an old and well known bug with Instagram. Sometimes the sound option is there, and sometimes it's not. The bug doesn't appear to be related to anything specific (definitely not related to any iOS version), other than an Instagram app update. Meaning, sometimes when the app updates the sound option will either be there, or it won't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234