All,
    I have an iPhone 5c (YES - you read it right ) and am finally considering an upgrade. With seemingly not much difference between 7 and 8, I am looking for some inputs if I should go with iPhone 7 or 8.

Thanks!

Karthik
    01-09-2018 09:59 AM
    It's tough for us to make that decision for you. Going from a 5C, you're going to notice quite the increase with either choice. The 8 is going to give you a marginally faster processor, glass back (thus making it more fragile) and wireless charging. Are those differences enough to sway you in that direction? It's always good to get the latest model if you're someone who keeps their phone for a while. You'll probably get a longer lasting device out of the 8 than the 7.

That said, the 7 is still a very powerful device. You really can't go wrong with either one. If you can afford the 8 though, I'd say go for it.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-09-2018 10:12 AM
    It's tough for us to make that decision for you. Going from a 5C, you're going to notice quite the increase with either choice. The 8 is going to give you a marginally faster processor, glass back (thus making it more fragile) and wireless charging. Are those differences enough to sway you in that direction? It's always good to get the latest model if you're someone who keeps their phone for a while. You'll probably get a longer lasting device out of the 8 than the 7.

That said, the 7 is still a very powerful device. You really can't go wrong with either one. If you can afford the 8 though, I'd say go for it.
    Excellent advice! I agree 100% and the only other thought I have is that there are a few differences in color choices between the two models.

The color choices for the 8 are: Space Gray, Silver and Gold (which is more like a rose or peachy gold)

The color choices for the 7 are: Jet Black, Black (matte), Silver, Gold and Rose Gold.

It might help to look at both... so if you have an Apple Store nearby, I'd go for a visit!
    01-09-2018 10:33 AM
    If you can afford the 8, then get the 8. The A11 is very powerful, better cameras, a much better build quality, wireless charging and fast charging.

The 7 is still a great phone, but if you can afford the 8, why not?
    01-09-2018 06:03 PM
    I personally prefer the 7. No glass back. Although I do kind of want the wireless charging capabilities.
    01-09-2018 08:05 PM
    As I type this on my 24 hour old space grey 8, I gotta say it’s friggin’ beautiful. I was weighing on the same options as you coming from an SE. went with the 8 because 1) it will be supported (in theory) for an extra year. 2) the glass back is soo nice in the hands and 3) I hate having to scroll down too far in the forums to find my device the wireless charging is a nice little feature too.
    TripleOne and nikkisharif like this.
    01-09-2018 09:14 PM
    As I type this on my 24 hour old space grey 8, I gotta say it’s friggin’ beautiful. I was weighing on the same options as you coming from an SE. went with the 8 because 1) it will be supported (in theory) for an extra year. 2) the glass back is soo nice in the hands and 3) I hate having to scroll down too far in the forums to find my device the wireless charging is a nice little feature too.
    Congratulations on your 8!
    01-09-2018 09:34 PM
    All,
    I have an iPhone 5c (YES - you read it right ) and am finally considering an upgrade. With seemingly not much difference between 7 and 8, I am looking for some inputs if I should go with iPhone 7 or 8.

Thanks!

Karthik
    You seem to keep your iPhone for quite a long time, so go for the newest
    01-11-2018 05:29 AM
    if there's not much of a difference, then i think you should go with 8. the newer the better, the latest the better i guess,..
    01-19-2018 12:52 AM
    I would say the 8. It will be supported for a year longer. Especially of you hold onto phones like you have with the 5C
    01-31-2018 07:54 PM