Bet you notice the bigger battery on the 8 plus? I am finding the X battery average, probably similar to to the 8.
    I find the X to be better than my 7 Plus. I do notice a 10-25% improvements in terms of battery life when comparing the 8 Plus to the X.
    Cladster likes this.
    01-17-2018 06:58 PM
    I got my son a 8 today using our house insurance claim, 6S got smashed, spent some time setting it up, I had a 8 before the X.
    No way I could go back to a phone with a home button, and those that say the screen size is not much difference are kidding themselves, and the OLED v LCD oh man.
    No going back for me.
    01-18-2018 03:13 AM
    I got my son a 8 today using our house insurance claim, 6S got smashed, spent some time setting it up, I had a 8 before the X.
    No way I could go back to a phone with a home button, and those that say the screen size is not much difference are kidding themselves, and the OLED v LCD oh man.
    No going back for me.
    The OLED is fine but I just don’t see it as night and day over the Apple’s LCDs. I know blacks are blacker and all but I don’t do too much on my phones hat have black backgrounds anyways. The extra space though. That’s nice.
    Just_Me_D, xanadome and libra89 like this.
    01-18-2018 10:40 AM
    The OLED is fine but I just don’t see it as night and day over the Apple’s LCDs. I know blacks are blacker and all but I don’t do too much on my phones hat have black backgrounds anyways. The extra space though. That’s nice.
    It's more the apps and text just pop on the screen. Maybe not as noticeable 8 plus v X.
    01-18-2018 04:09 PM
    It's more the apps and text just pop on the screen. Maybe not as noticeable 8 plus v X.
    I only noticed a difference when displaying the same image on my 6s and X but it’s not night and day. Colours are slightly more saturated and appealing on the X.
    01-18-2018 04:41 PM
    I just went from the 9+ to the X. ....
    Typo?
    bgl321 likes this.
    01-18-2018 05:26 PM
    I only noticed a difference when displaying the same image on my 6s and X but it’s not night and day. Colours are slightly more saturated and appealing on the X.
    I spent the day yesterday with a 6S-8 and my X and IMO its more than slightly more.
    01-18-2018 05:38 PM
    I spent the day yesterday with a 6S-8 and my X and IMO its more than slightly more.
    I believe screens on Samsung phones are more vibrant.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-18-2018 05:42 PM
    I don't think that moving from the X to the 8+ is moving DOWN.. I know that you can quote specs that would say otherwise, but, I feel it is a lateral move. There are pros and cons to both and it is very subjective and a personal opinion.

I moved to the X from the 8+ and it is still very new and exciting, there has been times that I miss the reliability and the familiarity of the 8+.... I am not sure which way I will end up, but I really feel strongly that it isn't a step down
    01-18-2018 05:48 PM
    Yep, Samsung’s OLED displays are very saturated which a lot of consumers find it to be pleasing. However, those colors are not the most accurate when looking at photos or videos.

I’ve always enjoyed Samsung’s displays, they are amazing indeed.
    Cladster likes this.
    01-18-2018 06:19 PM
    Yep, Samsung’s OLED displays are very saturated which a lot of consumers find it to be pleasing. However, those colors are not the most accurate when looking at photos or videos.

I’ve always enjoyed Samsung’s displays, they are amazing indeed.
    I’ve read that too but never felt that the photos or video looked strange on a Samsung phone. I wasn’t knocking the X’s display which is likely one of the best available.
    01-18-2018 06:57 PM
    You mean way over saturated, played with a S8 over xmas, what a piece of laggy rubbish and that curved screen
    01-18-2018 08:38 PM
    You mean way over saturated, played with a S8 over xmas, what a piece of laggy rubbish and that curved screen
    I am not a fan of the curved screen but I enjoy the saturated colors.
    01-18-2018 10:33 PM
    oohhhh... I wish i had one of those..

if you don't mind me asking, which has a better camera, iPhone 7 or 8 ???
    01-19-2018 12:15 AM
    oohhhh... I wish i had one of those..

if you don't mind me asking, which has a better camera, iPhone 7 or 8 ???
    01-19-2018 03:06 AM
    Good choice... then iPhone 8 it is. those are really good features right? i hope soon will be sooner.
    01-19-2018 06:58 AM
    Good choice... then iPhone 8 it is. those are really good features right? i hope soon will be sooner.
    IMO, all contemporary iPhones have good camera and take great photos. The latest generation continues this.
    Tangkong36 likes this.
    01-19-2018 07:19 AM
    I can say from a strictly anecdotal view, that I thought the 7+ Camera was the best camera yet. I can't tell you exactly why, but I just feel that I got better results with the 7+. I had the 8+ since launch and while it was a great camera, I just thought the 7+ beat it.

I just got my X and have not really used the camera much
    libra89 likes this.
    01-19-2018 07:27 AM
    Typo?
    Yep, darn old eyes. I meant the 8+.
    01-19-2018 07:38 AM
    OK, People.... I just finished a solid week with the X. I don't need to go into the many cool features that it has, but I just popped my SIM back into my 8+ and here are the reasons

1. Battery life. The X isn't bad but the 8+ is great

2. It just felt small in my hand.

3. It felt fragile. I had a thin case on it, but I was still worried

4. Face ID.. It did work great, but just like touch ID better

5. And the most important reason of all is that my daughter took one look at it and lost her mind... She absolutely LOVED it and she made the Deans list in college this semester and I thought it was a great way to show her how proud I was of her.

So, back to the 8+ for me. If it wasn't for my daughter, I would have kept it and loved it. Those other issues I brought up are real, but nothing that would have led me to return the phone.
    nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    01-21-2018 07:47 AM

5. And the most important reason of all is that my daughter took one look at it and lost her mind... She absolutely LOVED it and she made the Deans list in college this semester and I thought it was a great way to show her how proud I was of her.

So, back to the 8+ for me. If it wasn't for my daughter, I would have kept it and loved it. Those other issues I brought up are real, but nothing that would have led me to return the phone.
    Awww. What a good dad!
    RobertP1 and nikkisharif like this.
    01-21-2018 07:58 AM
    Awww. What a good dad!
    Having her make the Deans list coming from my gene pool.... Damn, I should have bought her Mercedes!! LOL
    msm0511, nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    01-21-2018 08:03 AM
    I’ve read that too but never felt that the photos or video looked strange on a Samsung phone. I wasn’t knocking the X’s display which is likely one of the best available.
    Yeah, I do prefer how it pops out more on the Samsung. It makes it noticeably different compared to a normal LCD display.
    01-22-2018 03:11 AM
    I know I’m super late to the party but who cares lol.

I use both an X & 8 daily & sometimes a 7 Plus. As far as going from an X to an 8 goes, I think you’ll be fine. Especially since you didn’t really enjoy the X. I think I’m so use to using both that the keyboard size doesn’t bother me too much. Occasionally I’ll notice a slight difference in the screen size, depending on what I’m looking at, but nothing huge. I say go for the 8. It’s a great device!!
    02-11-2018 09:50 AM
    So, I'm going on about 2 weeks with the X, and I can't sugarcoat this despite others' apparent happiness with it...I just don't like it. I hate Face ID. Touch ID is better, and I'm glad others seem to like it, but I don't. It's not that it fails a lot or anything, it's just not nearly as intuitive as Touch. Just my opinion.
    -The screen, very nice, but not WOW, I'll never see anything like this ever again good.
    -The size is nice, but, if you have a case on it, which, if you're smart you do, you can't reach the upper corners unless you have huge hands. Mine are pretty big, and I have to use 2, or readjust significantly to reach the top to swipe down.
    -Reachability...near worthless on here. Once you've perfected the motion down from the little home line thingy, you have to pay attention to do it every time.

...and I could go on. So, I think I'm going with a regular iPhone 8. My question is this, for anyone that did the same thing....the width of the keyboard as compared to the X....is it a huge difference? Thanks.
    I had same experience. Sent the X back and very happy with the iPhone 8. I enjoy the home button and the size of the iPhone 8 is perfect. Don’t like face recognition at all. To me the iPhone 8 is just better in every way.
    Vinny
    zinedine, tanknitrous and xanadome like this.
    02-16-2018 06:42 AM
64 123