Trying iPhone again. Couple questions.

Sher the love

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
When I had briefly tried the iPhone 7, I remember watching videos in safari or chrome and upon hitting play, the video would take up the whole screen with dedicated controls. This doesn’t seem to work in chrome or safari and I’m using the same website I had used before. And for some reason, there isn’t a full screen button on the player.

Secondly, I have notification badges turned on for Amazon, but I got a notification this morning and no badge. Is this an issue with amazon or something else. Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. It’s possible that the web site you’re visiting simply isn’t using Safari’s video player anymore and instead are using their own. Have you tried going to a different web site and attempting to play a video?
If badges aren’t showing up go to Settings > Notifications > Amazon, and make sure badge notifications are enabled. You’ll also want to open the Amazon app and check notification settings there. Even if notifications permissions are set in iOS settings, if the Amazon app isn’t set to delivery any it won’t make a difference.

Sher the love

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I’m not seeing any options for badges in the Amazon app, but they’re turned on under general settings.

The only other website I tried was YouTube and I had to manually make the video full screen (not a big deal). The controls looked different. Not sure if it’s due to an update or if it’s not using the built in controls.

The video player on the other website hasn’t visually changed, but might have been something in the background.

Thanks again.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed notification badges can be odd. For example Google's Inbox app. It will only show me a badge for mail if it's new and doesn't belong to a category, or if it's a snoozed item that has resurfaced. If it's new but auto detected as one of the default categories or something I set up, then it doesn't give a badge icon count for it. So Amazon might have some kind of similar logic i.e. not everything gets a badge count. I'm lazy and don't use the amazon app though (for whatever reason prefer using Amazon on my PC on a full website) so I can't give any app specific advice on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711