T-Mobile vs non sim card Iphone

sznajder

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I need to buy Iphone 8. Is it better to get T-Mobile phone ( i will be using it only with it) or get sim free Iphone from apple store? Are there any differences or limitation on each of them? Which one would be better choice or there is no difference when use with T-M?

Thanks !

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’d get the sim free one. If the 8 is like the X, the ATT and T-Mobile models won’t have the CDMA antenna. You don’t need that antenna with TMobile but if you ever travel or switch carriers, you may need it. Also, make the phone more desirable if you ever sell it because anyone on any carrier could use it.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Sim-free is most versatile in that you can use it on any carrier network. I use T-mobile but never the T-Mobile version of the iPhone. My 7+ and 8+ were sim-free versions.

My X is Verizon version, which as of yesterday is now sold by Apple as the sim-free version.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long-time T-Mobile customer. I bought my iPhone 8 at the Apple Store unlocked and inserted my own sim from my previous iPhone. Works perfectly and no restrictions when I decide to sell it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73