2 months in, iPhone 8, how is it for you?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
18387da4aff31461ca821e36dd96b957.jpg

My iPhone is updating. Then I should have the iCloud backup automatically. First iPhone upgrade so let’s hope it’s smooth.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171225/18387da4aff31461ca821e36dd96b957.jpg

My iPhone is updating. Then I should have the iCloud backup automatically. First iPhone upgrade so let’s hope it’s smooth.

You ok with the screen protector like that? I have the X I have top left and right bottom corners similar its not peeling off or coming up it just messed up cause I lifted it too much to take off dust with tape, and well like its my own doing I don’t want to try another screen protector gonna have to try to live with it, and seeing yours my ocd calms down like I’m not the only one... IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
You ok with the screen protector like that? I have the X I have top left and right bottom corners similar its not peeling off or coming up it just messed up cause I lifted it too much to take off dust with tape, and well like its my own doing I don’t want to try another screen protector gonna have to try to live with it, and seeing yours my ocd calms down like I’m not the only one... View attachment 121341
View attachment 121342
View attachment 121343

I had the same dust problem. And yes, I’m ok with the screen like that. It doesn’t bother me. I will probably get a new screen protector in a year or two. It’s working well.

Trappiste Rochefort

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh, just noticed at work today Apple still only record mono audio on video. There is high-FPs 4K video -- but mono audio. This is one of those face-palm moments when I am happy I did not buy the device off my own pocket and so can just laugh the matter off. But, as my Samsung-wielding colleague jested, "you can always buy an inexpensive Android onto the side, to carry about for video recording." Yep.

And the surprises continue: this is the first Apple phone I have had that is not utterly botching up signal reception. Someone at their R&D lab has remembered to put a real antenna in the phone. Woot!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh, just noticed at work today Apple still only record mono audio on video. There is high-FPs 4K video -- but mono audio. This is one of those face-palm moments when I am happy I did not buy the device off my own pocket and so can just laugh the matter off. But, as my Samsung-wielding colleague jested, "you can always buy an inexpensive Android onto the side, to carry about for video recording." Yep.

And the surprises continue: this is the first Apple phone I have had that is not utterly botching up signal reception. Someone at their R&D lab has remembered to put a real antenna in the phone. Woot!

I use a stereo USB microphone and Filmic Pro. There is a nice lightning port stereo microphone I am looking at getting. It is the Zoom IQ7.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Now that you mentioned it it is a heavy a phone.

Definitely heavier than my 7 Plus and my iPhone X. I'm sure it has to do with the new glass back. When I pick it up and then pick up my X I notice a significant difference in weight. Same when I compared it to my 7 Plus.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
How is it for me? Let’s put it this way. I sold my 8 plus and got the X. Soooo glad I did. Couldn’t be happier.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
As a result of the slowdown of phones thanks to the iOS updates I had to trade in my dead iPhone 6 for an iPhone 8. I was over six months past my contract expiration so it wasn't too big a deal. The next issue was whether to get the 8, 8 Plus or X.

Price and the need for 256 GB (I download lots of YouTube videos, podcasts and snap lots of photos) so the best choice for me was and still is the 8. $150 more would have been too big for my pocket (8+) and there are not enough "wow" updates to entice me into forking over an additional $300 for the X.

I am very satisfied with my 8. I am still getting used to the lack of a headphone jack and am in the process of searching for a 2-in-1 on Amazon.com at an inexpensive price. The 256 MB is definitely the way to go with the amount of "stuff" I download. Plus, I don't have unlimited data so I lack the luxury of downloading and retrieving from "the cloud" whenever I please.

If I was single or had fewer children I would have strongly considered the 8+ due to its superior camera. However, I gained enough bells and whistles (IP-67 waterproof, wireless charging) to be perfectly content with my 8 purchase!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2