Oh, just noticed at work today Apple still only record mono audio on video. There is high-FPs 4K video -- but mono audio. This is one of those face-palm moments when I am happy I did not buy the device off my own pocket and so can just laugh the matter off. But, as my Samsung-wielding colleague jested, "you can always buy an inexpensive Android onto the side, to carry about for video recording." Yep.

And the surprises continue: this is the first Apple phone I have had that is not utterly botching up signal reception. Someone at their R&D lab has remembered to put a real antenna in the phone. Woot!
    12-26-2017 05:11 PM
    Oh, just noticed at work today Apple still only record mono audio on video. There is high-FPs 4K video -- but mono audio. This is one of those face-palm moments when I am happy I did not buy the device off my own pocket and so can just laugh the matter off. But, as my Samsung-wielding colleague jested, "you can always buy an inexpensive Android onto the side, to carry about for video recording." Yep.

And the surprises continue: this is the first Apple phone I have had that is not utterly botching up signal reception. Someone at their R&D lab has remembered to put a real antenna in the phone. Woot!
    I use a stereo USB microphone and Filmic Pro. There is a nice lightning port stereo microphone I am looking at getting. It is the Zoom IQ7.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 12-26-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    12-26-2017 07:27 PM
    Got the 8 Plus on launch day and love the phone. Only thing I wish is that it was lighter. It's heavy compared to my iPhone X. Otherwise it's a fantastic phone.
    Now that you mentioned it it is a heavy a phone.
    12-27-2017 02:12 PM
    Now that you mentioned it it is a heavy a phone.
    Definitely heavier than my 7 Plus and my iPhone X. I'm sure it has to do with the new glass back. When I pick it up and then pick up my X I notice a significant difference in weight. Same when I compared it to my 7 Plus.
    12-27-2017 03:08 PM
    How is it for me? Let’s put it this way. I sold my 8 plus and got the X. Soooo glad I did. Couldn’t be happier.
    12-28-2017 12:32 AM
    As a result of the slowdown of phones thanks to the iOS updates I had to trade in my dead iPhone 6 for an iPhone 8. I was over six months past my contract expiration so it wasn't too big a deal. The next issue was whether to get the 8, 8 Plus or X.

Price and the need for 256 GB (I download lots of YouTube videos, podcasts and snap lots of photos) so the best choice for me was and still is the 8. $150 more would have been too big for my pocket (8+) and there are not enough "wow" updates to entice me into forking over an additional $300 for the X.

I am very satisfied with my 8. I am still getting used to the lack of a headphone jack and am in the process of searching for a 2-in-1 on Amazon.com at an inexpensive price. The 256 MB is definitely the way to go with the amount of "stuff" I download. Plus, I don't have unlimited data so I lack the luxury of downloading and retrieving from "the cloud" whenever I please.

If I was single or had fewer children I would have strongly considered the 8+ due to its superior camera. However, I gained enough bells and whistles (IP-67 waterproof, wireless charging) to be perfectly content with my 8 purchase!
    12-28-2017 01:42 AM
31 12