Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    My Iphone 6S does more than I need from a smart phone with one annoying exception. I wear hearing aids designed to be controlled with an Iphone using Bluetooth. The interface frequently does not work as well as it might. I often need to restart my hearing aids to connect the Bluetooth. What happens also is that sometimes only one of the two hearing aids will connect. The hearing aid manufacturer blame the Bluetooth and I tend to agree with them. Is the Iphone 8 Bluetooth better than that in the 6S?
    11-17-2017 04:09 PM
    Welcome to iMore

The 6s runs Bluetooth 4.2 and the i8 runs 5.0 but that might not be your problem

Stay Tuned as another member might be able to pinpoint your issue
    Last edited by kataran; 11-17-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    11-17-2017 04:39 PM
    Depends on the version of iOS. If it worked before on iOS 10, then it could be a bug in iOS 11.
    11-17-2017 05:06 PM
    My Iphone 6S does more than I need from a smart phone with one annoying exception. I wear hearing aids designed to be controlled with an Iphone using Bluetooth. The interface frequently does not work as well as it might. I often need to restart my hearing aids to connect the Bluetooth. What happens also is that sometimes only one of the two hearing aids will connect. The hearing aid manufacturer blame the Bluetooth and I tend to agree with them. Is the Iphone 8 Bluetooth better than that in the 6S?
    What iOS version are you currently running with your iPhone 6S? Are you using a thick protective casing on it that could be interfering with the signal? In addition, have you tried resetting the network settings?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-22-2017 at 03:05 AM.
    11-17-2017 05:15 PM
    Thanks to everybody for help. I removed the case and reset the network. Bluetooth performance is very much improved. I think the case was the problem.
    kataran, Just_Me_D and TripleOne like this.
    11-18-2017 09:51 AM
    Me and my wife both have 6S and they do all that we want (which in my case is a lot). We planned to keep them several years more. But as we live en Europe there is one compelling reason for us to change to iPhone 8: Europe (The European Union) now has it’s own navigation system, like the american GPS system. It is called Galileo, and it will be 10-100 times more precise than the american GPS system. At least the part of it that is available to ordinary people. The iPhone 8 is the first iPhone to support this new european navigation system. - But where it not for this great european feature there is no practical reason to upgrade when you have an iPhone 6S. - With the wireless Apple Airpods there is no bluetooth connection problems on iPhone 6S. So perhaps the hearing aid problem is with the hearing aid equipment and not with iPhone 6S.
    11-19-2017 10:43 AM
    yes and i’m not even going to read the rest. YES YES YES. LOL. I would
    12-21-2017 09:56 PM
    Thanks to everybody for help. I removed the case and reset the network. Bluetooth performance is very much improved. I think the case was the problem.
    I’m happy to hear that you solved the problem.
    If the 6s still performs well for your needs, I do not see a reason to upgrade it to the 8
    12-22-2017 09:11 PM