So being that I went through several of the iPhone 6 and several of the 6s I built up a huge collection of cases for those two models then towards the end of the 6s life I made the switch to Android out of general curiosity. I'm done now and I'm officially back to what I know best and used for many years being exclusively apple. I placed my order for the iPhone 8 to in a 256g model Space Grey. I do know the 8 is pretty much the same design body style so I do assume my 6s cases will at least fit but will they fit correctly? Like lining up with the camera or am I wrong and the overall body dimensions have actually changed where my 6s cases won't even fit at all? I hope they do fit as I have well over 20 cases and I have two or three favorites I'd like to be able to use which would also save me a lot of cash. Like my all time favorite case is the Red leather apple case. Will that the iPhone 8 even if the camera does not line up right? If so I'm okay with that as I only will use a case when I leave the house but when at the house I don't use a case. I discovered this skin company called colorware and they sell high quality skins either just for the back only or a full one piece skin that fits the back and entire frame all in one piece so you can't even tell you have a skin on your phone. Typically when the skin companies cover the frame it's a separate piece of skin and you can clearly see the lines it creates where colorware shows no visible lines and looks 100 percent real as if the phone came that color. I ordered their gloss Red then I ordered the Zagg luxe titanium color screen protector so my black areas of my iPhone will now be a titanium silver instead of black so my 8 will totally be customized out with a high gloss back and frame with a silver mist type coating front that covers every part of the space grey except for the fingerprint sensor. It should look pretty killer. I'll take some pictures and post the finished product on I install them both. I've already ordered both of them today as soon as I ordered my 8. My 8 will be here by Monday and my Zagg luxe silver titanium screen protector will arrive tomorrow and I'm hoping my red gloss skin will arrive either Monday or Tuesday one. I actually have been using the zagg luxe silver color screen protector for a long time as that was all I ever used on all of my 6s iPhones I had. It looks great and gives the iPhone a totally unique look which I like different and unique or to customize things anyway. So my skin technically will cover every part of the phone then the Zagg luxe will cover the entire front so I'll still have full protection but no impact protection which is a gamble if I drop it while not using a case but knock on wood I've never dropped and cracked a phone before in all these years as I'm pretty careful. The other thing I'm going to order is a sleeve made by FitBag that is very high quality made of soft supple leather with a inner microfiber material. I've ordered a couple of these before for two of my other phones and they are really nice. They are made in Germany and you can find them in about 16 colors on Amazon. They are kind of expensive like the Zagg luxe edition screen protector as the luxe cost $44 bucks and the sleeve cost $25 dollars. Anyways if anyone could let me know about the 6s cases whether or not they will at least fit or be able to be used even if the camera doesn't line up that would be greatly appreciated. I'll just take the case off if I want to take a picture no problem and on top of that I only use a case maybe 25 percent of the time. If they don't fit then I'm going to run by the Apple store and go ahead and buy a Red leather apple case that will definitely fit my new 8. Thanks for any feedback or advice on this as it's much appreciated.
    11-16-2017 08:49 PM
    Holy smokes. No one is going to read all of that. Particularly not all in one text block like that.

Can you pull out the salient points and summarize your post?
    11-16-2017 08:59 PM
    The question is will my 6s cases fit my new iPhone 8. I'm a tangent poster. Plus I'm a writer. So it's something I really can't help. You don't have to read it. The question was in the header anyway. It's a post that's long. I see nothing wrong with it so if you dislike it you certainly don't have to read it. Lol.
    11-16-2017 09:55 PM
    The placement of the camera is different so unfortunately they won’t
    libra89 likes this.
    11-16-2017 10:52 PM
    Therea are 2 reasons why they won’t fit:
    1. The camera placement
    2. The headphone jack

You’ll just have to buy new ones.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2017 04:51 AM
    Therea are 2 reasons why they won’t fit:
    1. The camera placement
    2. The headphone jack

You’ll just have to buy new ones.
    Sounds good. Yep I forgot about the headphone jack. Actually this will be the first phone I've ever owned not to have one. What's that like? Okay or does it really matter?
    11-17-2017 07:43 AM
    Sounds good. Yep I forgot about the headphone jack. Actually this will be the first phone I've ever owned not to have one. What's that like? Okay or does it really matter?
    If you have quality wired headphones lying around, you could use the adapter that comes in-box. Or you could just buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones or AirPods. I have not missed the jack, as I don’t listen to music that much on my device.
    11-17-2017 07:46 AM
    I already had an external DAC (Digital to Analog Convertor) with lightning cable that I have been using since my iPhone 5S. Still rocking my good in ear monitors.
    11-17-2017 08:40 AM
    Also you have lighting earphones so if you don't want to use the adapter, use those.
    11-17-2017 11:54 AM
    Also you have lighting earphones so if you don't want to use the adapter, use those.
    What exactly are those. Are you saying those are just the regular earphones that come stock with the phone? Where other than the Apple store can I order the Bluetooth earpods? How much do they run? Are they any good or do any of you have them. I've only seen pictures of them. Are they worth getting? I'm definitely going to get a wireless charging pad. I've also got a power brick that came with an iPad the larger one. Will that suffice for the fast charging if I use that larger iPad power brick? My phone has officially shipped and arrives Monday. Going to be a long weekend wait now as I intended in getting it in person at the Xfinity store but they were out of stock.
    11-17-2017 12:11 PM
    What exactly are those. Are you saying those are just the regular earphones that come stock with the phone? Where other than the Apple store can I order the Bluetooth earpods? How much do they run? Are they any good or do any of you have them. I've only seen pictures of them. Are they worth getting? I'm definitely going to get a wireless charging pad. I've also got a power brick that came with an iPad the larger one. Will that suffice for the fast charging if I use that larger iPad power brick? My phone has officially shipped and arrives Monday. Going to be a long weekend wait now as I intended in getting it in person at the Xfinity store but they were out of stock.
    Yes they are the regular ones but with a lighting connection.

I don't have them. Third party like maybe Best Buy might be your only option.
    11-17-2017 12:26 PM
    Yes they are the regular ones but with a lighting connection.

I don't have them. Third party like maybe Best Buy might be your only option.
    For what the Apple earpods that are Bluetooth?
    11-17-2017 02:58 PM
    I need to buy a cellular ipad now. That's next on my list.
    11-17-2017 02:59 PM
    For what the Apple earpods that are Bluetooth?
    Yep they are called AirPods.
    11-17-2017 03:51 PM
    Yep they are called AirPods.
    Are these not available through apple right now? Where would I locate some of these. I'm either going to get the airpods or a wireless charging pad. I just ordered a Red leather apple case that'll be here Monday or Tuesday. Also I'm about to inherit a iPhone 6s plus that I'm going to use for media as I talked my mother into upgrading to the iPhone 8 so she's giving me her iPhone 6s plus to use so I'll be able to watch movies and do media stuff on it now.
    11-17-2017 05:21 PM
    Are these not available through apple right now? Where would I locate some of these. I'm either going to get the airpods or a wireless charging pad. I just ordered a Red leather apple case that'll be here Monday or Tuesday. Also I'm about to inherit a iPhone 6s plus that I'm going to use for media as I talked my mother into upgrading to the iPhone 8 so she's giving me her iPhone 6s plus to use so I'll be able to watch movies and do media stuff on it now.
    They are available through them. Just keep checking the stock.
    11-17-2017 10:00 PM
    They are available through them. Just keep checking the stock.
    I will continue to check. Right now I'm looking at a Vaja leather case that is kind of expensive but I know it will last a long time. Do any of you own any of their quality hand made cases? If so please let me know what you think about them and if they are worth the money as they are not cheap at all. The case I'm looking at is $79 dollars. Also will the iPhone 7 case fit the iPhone 8 case. They only have iPhone 7 stock in the case I want as it's sold out in the 8. I wasn't sure if the 7 and 8 cases could be used for either model?
    11-17-2017 10:09 PM
    This is going to be a such q long weekend having to wait until Monday for my iPhone 8 to arrive. I originally went to the Xfinity store in person to get it but it was out of stock so I was forced to order it. My luxe Zagg screen protector arrived today and I'm looking for my colorware full one piece back and frame skin to arrive Monday or Tuesday. I also ordered my Red leather apple case today from apple which arrives Tuesday. I want my skin more than my case as I've gotten to where I typically just use a skin over a case now. So tomorrow and Sunday are going to be extremely long bc I'm stoked about getting my 8 and finally coming back home to apple after being away a little over a year where I've missed a lot of change. Here's a picture of the titanium silver screen protector I'll be using on my space grey 8 turning it into silver instead to go with my red full one piece skin.

11-18-2017 12:21 AM
    Here's what the gloss Red coloware skin will end up looking like. About the color of a candy apple red or cherry red but in a high gloss finish with it totally covering the entire frame too so it looks like it was made to be this color as you are not able to see any visible lines anywhere with this one full piece skin. Most skins come in two separate pieces one for the back and one for the frame leaving lines that make it obvious you have a skin on your phone. I don't know why I had not ever heard of this company before because their skins are awesome. Especially bc they are made as one entire piece to fit both the back and frame to look seamless. The high gloss I thought looked really good in a YouTube review so that's what I ended up ordering over the matte finish skin. I hope I will like the high gloss look but if I don't I'll just order the matte finish one instead as I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering it right now anyway bc regardless I will always have a skin on my iPhone. I love using skins on all my phones as it gives them an entirely different look. Here are a few pics of what the gloss Red skin will look like. It looks pretty good

You can even get engraving done on these skins which I was about to put DCONN on my skin but it raised the price from $14 dollars to $43 dollars! I decided against that as I found that to just be too expensive for my tastes. I'll spend that money on a wireless charging pad instead.
    11-18-2017 12:43 AM
    I'm also looking at a Vaja leather case that I'd like to purchase but it's expensive and they are all sold out of the one I want which I'll throw a picture up of in the iPhone 8. Will someone let me know if I were to order the same style case I want but in a iPhone 7 would that fit my new iPhone 8 okay? Does anyone know if a 7 case will perfectly fit a iPhone 8 with no issues? Any help would be appreciated as this case is like $79 dollars and that's a lot of cash to waste if it won't fit just right.

11-18-2017 12:52 AM
    The iPad charging brick does fast charge the 8, but it’s not as fast as the 29W fast charger that Apple sells. An iPhone 7 case will fit the 8, but it might be a little tight. I suggest getting something that the retailer says will also support the 8.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-18-2017 02:21 AM
    The iPad charging brick does fast charge the 8, but it’s not as fast as the 29W fast charger that Apple sells. An iPhone 7 case will fit the 8, but it might be a little tight. I suggest getting something that the retailer says will also support the 8.
    So then I definitely should not buy that Vaja leather iPhone 7 case for $79 dollars it sounds like. Thanks for the advice on that. Also I've got an iPad charging brick left over from a previous iPad. Is this charging brick enough to fast charge the 8 or is this iPad brick the same type charging brick apple sells for the 8 to fast charge on. Are they the same or is their an entirely different charging brick different than the larger iPad charging brick that I need to get so I can definitely utilize the fast charge feature the 8 has. The one for the 8 looks identical to an iPad charger so I am curious if what I have will work the same and fast charge the 8 still or is the iPad charger still not enough voltage for true quick charge?
    11-18-2017 02:54 AM
    So then I definitely should not buy that Vaja leather iPhone 7 case for $79 dollars it sounds like. Thanks for the advice on that. Also I've got an iPad charging brick left over from a previous iPad. Is this charging brick enough to fast charge the 8 or is this iPad brick the same type charging brick apple sells for the 8 to fast charge on. Are they the same or is their an entirely different charging brick different than the larger iPad charging brick that I need to get so I can definitely utilize the fast charge feature the 8 has. The one for the 8 looks identical to an iPad charger so I am curious if what I have will work the same and fast charge the 8 still or is the iPad charger still not enough voltage for true quick charge?
    The iPad charger is a 12W one. Apple sells a 29W fast charger, that truly makes use of the new iPhones' fast charging feature. It looks similar to the 12W iPad charger, but is significantly bigger. I suggest you get that, as well as the 1m USB-C Lightning cable from Apple, as the 29W charger requires that cable (It has a USB-C port).

The 29W fast charging brick: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...b19f4ae6d5ee15
    The 1m USB-C to Lightning cable: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...b19f4ae6d5ee15
    11-18-2017 03:53 AM
    The iPad charger is a 12W one. Apple sells a 29W fast charger, that truly makes use of the new iPhones' fast charging feature. It looks similar to the 12W iPad charger, but is significantly bigger. I suggest you get that, as well as the 1m USB-C Lightning cable from Apple, as the 29W charger requires that cable (It has a USB-C port).

The 29W fast charging brick: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...b19f4ae6d5ee15
    The 1m USB-C to Lightning cable: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...b19f4ae6d5ee15
    Oh wow that I did not know. I'll get both on order today then. I'm trying to decide whether to get both of those or get the wireless charging pad one.
    11-18-2017 08:35 AM
    I wasn’t aware writers don’t use paragraphs anymore. The more you know. 🤪
    SwitchBeach, Tartarus and PJD642 like this.
    11-18-2017 09:43 AM
48 12