I Got the Mophie Wireless Charging Base. Some Thoughts...

sircraig2000

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Here are my thoughts in case someone is on the fence about it:

1) Price: Yes it is more expensive than others but the quality is really high here. I think it is worth it.

2) Packaging: Wow. The packaging is probably the highest quality packaging I've ever seen!

3) Pad: The charging pad is heavy - a lot more heavy than I thought it would be. You just plug it in and set your phone on it. It vibrates a little and makes a sound and then it just works - it starts charging. I didn't have a hard time positioning it just right to get it to work. You do have to center it but that is so easy to do. It's a non-issue.

4) Light: Yep there is a light that turns on when you set your phone on it. The good news is that it is very subtle. It's not bright at all. I thought the light might turn off when the phone got to 100% but it doesn't. It only turns off when the phone is removed from the charging pad. I don't think this light would bother most people at night when they are trying to sleep (having it on a nightstand). Doesn't bother me at all.

5) Charging: It charges slow. Doesn't seem slower than the original charger that came with the phone, though. It does have fast charging that will work when Apple releases the update later. Future proof!

Bottom line: The is a high quality product with a premium price tag. If you can stomach the $60, then I think you will be very happy with this product. It is so cool to just set your phone on the base and it starts to charge! No more fumbling with cords at night. Awesome.

Anyway, hope this was helpful!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the Morphie Charge Force Wireless charging base. I got mine for $39. The only caveat I have is that it requires 1.8 Amps and it doesn’t come with the USB wall adapter, just a USB cable.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I saw one at the Apple Store and I think it's pretty nice. It is heavy, but I like that it is good size and pretty "rubbery" so my phone would most likely not come off the point of contact overnight if it vibrates a bit. The price is a bit high but you're paying the Mophie tax, which is how I see it.

I'm going to buy one but waiting to see if the Mophie website does one of those black friday things. If I can get $15 off or something like that, it would have been worth the wait since I'm cheap.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I saw one at the Apple Store and I think it's pretty nice. It is heavy, but I like that it is good size and pretty "rubbery" so my phone would most likely not come off the point of contact overnight if it vibrates a bit. The price is a bit high but you're paying the Mophie tax, which is how I see it.

I'm going to buy one but waiting to see if the Mophie website does one of those black friday things. If I can get $15 off or something like that, it would have been worth the wait since I'm cheap.

Yeah it’s overpriced IMO.
But it is nice.

fernandowd

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I need help. I bought this charger and it started charging at 11:15 this morning and at 3:40 it was fully charged. Wasn’t it supposed to be faster than that? Besides, iPhone X got hot and Mophie marks on the apple case. What am I doing wrong?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I need help. I bought this charger and it started charging at 11:15 this morning and at 3:40 it was fully charged. Wasn’t it supposed to be faster than that? Besides, iPhone X got hot and Mophie marks on the apple case. What am I doing wrong?

Have you updated to iOS 11.2? It should be wirelessly charging at 7.5W

It is normal for it to get hot due to charging it wirelessly but it shouldn’t leave a mark on your case.sting..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods