Switched back to iPhone 8 from 8+

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 8 plus 64 on the first day of preorder and had been using it as my daily driver. But the last few days I have noticed my right hand getting cramped up while holding the device for a long period of time.

I am 61 and have noticed even though I love the larger screen real estate, arthritis has let me know that it’s here to stay so I went back to the iPhone 8.

Just finished restoring the new 8 from my latest backup and I am up and running. The device has a smaller screen, but it fits better in my hand and no pain in my hand while holding it for long periods of time. It sucks getting old, but that’s the reality of life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 8 plus 64 on the first day of preorder and had been using it as my daily driver. But the last few days I have noticed my right hand getting cramped up while holding the device for a long period of time.

I am 61 and have noticed even though I love the larger screen real estate, arthritis has let me know that it’s here to stay so I went back to the iPhone 8.

Just finished restoring the new 8 from my latest backup and I am up and running. The device has a smaller screen, but it fits better in my hand and no pain in my hand while holding it for long periods of time. It sucks getting old, but that’s the reality of life.

I'm not too far behind you, sir, so I understand....:)....Still, i hope you enjoy your iPhone 8 as much as I enjoy mine.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing when the 6/6 Plus first game out. The bigger form factor is just not my thing ....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed my iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus and 7 Plus. Neither hindered me in any way. Having said that, I’ve maintained that the 4.7” model were the perfect size and this time around I chose to go with one. Heck, I almost went with the iPhone 7 last year. I don’t regret the decision one bit.

ruigonggongrui

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site

i am 25, it hurts too if I hold 8 plus longer

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed my iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus and 7 Plus. Neither hindered me in any way. Having said that, I’ve maintained that the 4.7” model were the perfect size and this time around I chose to go with one. Heck, I almost went with the iPhone 7 last year. I don’t regret the decision one bit.

I enjoyed both sizes as well.
Hence why I’m leaning towards the X due to it’s screen size in a smaller form factor :)

mrluky60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel ya old timer, I had both that I used 7 and 7 plus for a month. I'm 66 and I sold the 7plus for the same reason as you and we both made the right decision.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Interesting thread. I have a 6s Plus that I'm very happy with, I've had zero issues with other than a headphone jack going haywire a few months ago, but I got a replacement phone for its been so good it's like an old friend now. I'm ready for a trade, and I was seriously thinking about downsizing to the 8 -- if I even want to swap right now. I just can't make up my mind! But I see a lot of love for the 'regular' 8 here, which is encouraging. I don't think I'm interested in the X, which is great because I'm sure I won't be seeing one for quite some time. So do I take the plunge or what??!!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting thread. I have a 6s Plus that I'm very happy with, I've had zero issues with other than a headphone jack going haywire a few months ago, but I got a replacement phone for its been so good it's like an old friend now. I'm ready for a trade, and I was seriously thinking about downsizing to the 8 -- if I even want to swap right now. I just can't make up my mind! But I see a lot of love for the 'regular' 8 here, which is encouraging. I don't think I'm interested in the X, which is great because I'm sure I won't be seeing one for quite some time. So do I take the plunge or what??!!

If you’re thinking of downsizing to the 8, might as well wait for the X.

lostOzone

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I’m using the 8+ and my hand is getting cramped too. But I’m trying to keep using it with Palmo case. Has anyone tried it? Now I feel my finger is squeezed too much.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I say go for the 8, if that’s what you really want. I’m a huge fan of the pluses & have had the last 3 iterations, but I needed to downsize because carrying 2 was getting extremely heavy & inconvenient. I purchased the 8 on launch to replace my 6S Plus & don’t regret it one bit. Can’t wait to get the X on Friday, so I can leave this 7 Plus on my desk. These things feel like bricks

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It is done. My trusty 6s Plus has been traded for an 8. I think I felt worse about trading it in than I did when I retired my BB Z30. But I like the 8, even though right now it feels.... small. I'm sure it will feel normal in a day or two of regular use. It feels pretty quick, and the transfer from old device to new was ridiculously easy with iCloud backup. And I'm already liking the idea of not holding a mini tablet up to my head to make phone calls. I'm sure I'll get over sending away my old friend the 6s Plus.

Now my wife wants to hand me down her first-gen Apple watch so she can get a new one. That's gonna be a little harder sell than the new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711