I'm getting a little nervous about something, I'm wondering if apples focus for iOS 11.1 will be to ensure there are no glitches on iPhone X, but the rest of us with older 7's will have to wait even longer to have a less bug free experience. They HAVE to make sure there are no major issues with X or the press will eat it up.

I just hope 11.1 will solve the issues for everyone.
    What issues are you seeing?
    10-27-2017 09:45 PM
    What issues are you seeing?
    On the iPad I had a few freezing and apps not opening but I want to update the iPhone to 11 but I read too many bad experiences on twitter that people are still having. Supposedly the issues are worse on the iPhone. So at this point I am still not updating to 11 but I like to see see how bad the issues are in Twitter first. This is the longest I have delayed updating an iPhone.
    10-27-2017 10:01 PM
    Update, it looks like the iPhone 8 is doing good in Canada at Rogers which is my service provider

Canada's Rogers sees 'tremendous' demand for iPhone X, upgrades iPhone 8 status to 'good'
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...status-to-good
    10-27-2017 10:44 PM
    On the iPad I had a few freezing and apps not opening but I want to update the iPhone to 11 but I read too many bad experiences on twitter that people are still having. Supposedly the issues are worse on the iPhone. So at this point I am still not updating to 11 but I like to see see how bad the issues are in Twitter first. This is the longest I have delayed updating an iPhone.
    I'm running 11.1 and I have noticed a few hiccups but nothing major. Bluetooth is still an issue but has gotten better. Apps may be specific so if there are any you depend on I would look in their user groups.
    10-28-2017 10:59 PM
    Some are saving money getting the 7, rather than the 8. The new features on the 8 just aren't important enough to them.
    This is definitely it. They are no new selling points for the iPhone 8. It should’ve been sold as the 7S since people don’t expect many new features from S variants.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2017 11:41 PM
    Picked up an 8 Plus when my X order didn't go through. That should help
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    10-29-2017 07:44 AM
    .... It should’ve been sold as the 7S ....
    Yes sir, I agree with the above statement........Why they didn’t seem the iPhone X the iPhone 8 is beyond me, even though I know it’s the 10th anniversary edition.
    10-29-2017 09:06 AM
    I thought this was interesting. I think it might be because a record number of people bought the iPhone 7 and it is still too new for them so they will stick with those. But if you have an older device the 8 will sell. But who knows. Thoughts?

U.S. buyers favor iPhone 7 over 8: research | Article [AMP] | Reuters
    I was looking to get the 7 for my girlfriend but the 7 isn't available with 256gb of internal storage. Apparently they stopped making that model, maximum storage is 128gb.
    Vinny
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-01-2017 06:30 AM
    I was looking to get the 7 for my girlfriend but the 7 isn't available with 256gb of internal storage. Apparently they stopped making that model, maximum storage is 128gb.
    Vinny
    Yup and it looks like the 8 is doing well in some areas but the 7 is more than powerful enough if you can handle the storage hit now.

Side note: I FINALLY upgraded from 10.3.3 to iOS 11.1 on my 7 and it works perfectly for me. I like how it shows that you can have multiple devices on Bluetooth, for example my Fitbit Blaze and my Bose Bluetooth speaker at the same time. I also dig the customizable Control Panel (or whatever they call it now)
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 11-02-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-01-2017 10:06 AM
    Update: percentages of iPhone models being used this week.

Apple's iPhone X gamble could be paying off
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HONW1
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-08-2017 01:31 AM
    Update: percentages of iPhone models being used this week.

Fun read, thanks!
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-08-2017 04:52 AM
    i think because of the price
    11-08-2017 05:11 AM
    Apple doesn’t release unit sales numbers so nobody knows for sure how many iPhone 8s have sold. That said, the company saw a big spike in Q4 sales that would indicate iPhone 8 isn’t selling as terribly as many sources would lead us to believe.

i think because of the price
    Newly released iPhones have always sold better than older models, regardless of price. This is due more to early adopters buying the iPhone X and not the 8. That said, I don’t think iPhone 8 sales have peaked yet. This is going to be the go-to phone for everyday users. They’re usually not concerned about getting their new iPhone on release day. They’ll wait until the holidays, their birthdays, when their existing phone really needs to be replaced, etc. They likely won’t want to pay the steep price of the iPhone X.
    wilber1, DZRadio and libra89 like this.
    11-08-2017 05:36 AM

Newly released iPhones have always sold better than older models, regardless of price.
    Report: iPhone 7 outsold iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus combined last quarter
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HQdVl
    11-09-2017 11:37 PM
    Report: iPhone 7 outsold iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus combined last quarter
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HQdVl
    So the iPhone 8 that shipped on September 22, a week before the end of the quarter, sold less than the iPhone 7 that had an entire quarter to sell.
    Where exactly did they get the unit sales numbers that Apple never discloses? I’m sorry, but this article is garbage.
    Tartarus, taz323, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    11-10-2017 05:49 AM
    So the iPhone 8 that shipped on September 22, a week before the end of the quarter, sold less than the iPhone 7 that had an entire quarter to sell.
    Where exactly did they get the unit sales numbers that Apple never discloses? I’m sorry, but this article is garbage.
    First paragraph states it, shipment data and surveys. Stores,sellers/outlets that buy or sell devices FROM Apple likely release their own shipment numbers.

They always knew that the iPhone 5C didn’t sell well when compared to the 5S. How did they know that?
    11-10-2017 08:54 AM
    First paragraph states it, shipment data and surveys. Stores,sellers/outlets that buy or sell devices FROM Apple likely release their own shipment numbers.

They always knew that the iPhone 5C didn’t sell well when compared to the 5S. How did they know that?
    It is and will always be speculating.

Apple Stores sell also devices. One year people get them via their carriers, other year directly from the Apple Stores.

There is no telling what the reason is for more or lesser sold devices in any given year.
    Apple themselves are the only ones with a complete view on their sales.
    11-10-2017 09:27 AM
    It is and will always be speculating.

Apple Stores sell also devices. One year people get them via their carriers, other year directly from the Apple Stores.

There is no telling what the reason is for more or lesser sold devices in any given year.
    Apple themselves are the only ones with a complete view on their sales.
    So what’s the point in reading ANY tech articles then? How can they make statements that one sells more than the other or one is more popular than another model? How do they know that Samsung sells more phones than Apple and then 2 years later they say the opposite? How did they know that the 5C sold less than the 5S in North America but in Britain they knew that the 5C sold well? I don’t believe EVERYTHING is fake news, not when multiple sources are saying the same thing. They clearly stated their methods for acquiring the information and that is basically all we have to go by.

What is so threatening in thinking that one model of an Apple product might not be off to a roaring start in sales? Who are we to judge this if WE OURSELVES are not making thousands of phone calls, checking outlet sales records to see what is moving in sales or what isn’t? These articles are summing up that the 7 is selling well and why wouldn’t it be? Deals are good right now and many do not just jump on the newest device, they are like myself and get a device that is several months out before the new one is announced. This is cost effective and will be plenty fast for years to come.

Sorry but I don’t just shrug information off just because it might go against my strong personal feelings on a topic that is “close to home.”
    11-10-2017 10:01 AM
    Actually NO, the point of the article is that the 7 is still selling BETTER than the 8.

Bam, there it is.

I will take the surveys and market sales numbers over your speculation.
    11-10-2017 10:08 AM
    So what’s the point in reading ANY tech articles then? How can they make statements that one sells more than the other or one is more popular than another model? How do they know that Samsung sells more phones than Apple and then 2 years later they say the opposite? How did they know that the 5C sold less than the 5S in North America but in Britain they knew that the 5C sold well? I don’t believe EVERYTHING is fake news, not when multiple sources are saying the same thing. They clearly stated their methods for acquiring the information and that is basically all we have to go by.

What is so threatening in thinking that one model of an Apple product might not be off to a roaring start in sales? Who are we to judge this if WE OURSELVES are not making thousands of phone calls, checking outlet sales records to see what is moving in sales or what isn’t? These articles are summing up that the 7 is selling well and why wouldn’t it be? Deals are good right now and many do not just jump on the newest device, they are like myself and get a device that is several months out before the new one is announced. This is cost effective and will be plenty fast for years to come.

Sorry but I don’t just shrug information off just because it might go against my strong personal feelings on a topic that is “close to home.”
    Actually NO, the point of the article is that the 7 is still selling BETTER than the 8.

Bam, there it is.

Well, that article is outdated between the time it got posted and now.

All I wanted to point out is that not all articles are based on the truth.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-10-2017 10:13 AM
    Well, that article is outdated between the time it got posted and now.

All I wanted to point out is that not all articles are based on the truth.
    And not all “thoughts and beliefs” are true either, no matter how strongly we feel about them.
    11-10-2017 10:14 AM
    And not all “thoughts and beliefs” are true either, no matter how strongly we feel about them.
    Great we can agree on that.
    11-10-2017 10:15 AM

Bam, there it is.

I’m not doubting that the iPhone 7 sold more units in the entire third quarter than the iPhone 8 did in the eight days it was on the market during the same quarter. I’m just saying that the data is shoddy at best. It doesn’t provide a level playing field. I work in finance. I literally analyze data on a daily basis. The article you referred to provides a very weak argument.
    That’s all I’m saying. We’ll see how sales stack up this quarter but I’d be shocked if more people are buying last year’s models more than the current models.
    libra89, Tartarus and MasterDarque like this.
    11-10-2017 10:17 AM

Now seeing deals like this for the 8 and X so I am sure sales will climb.
    11-10-2017 02:40 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...188550c81f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81442fd8cd.jpg

Now seeing deals like this for the 8 and X so I am sure sales will climb.
    whaaat? thats crazy. i miss those 1 and 2 year contract price deals on tmo usa. people always complained about being in contract but ive been with tmobile since the last supper. never was gonna switch anyways.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-30-2017 08:41 AM
98 1234