I've been watching the iPhone 8/8Plus reviews over the past few weeks. The iPhone "X" is not going to be a device that I'm gonna want since it's going to be a Gen1 product where as the 8 is Gen4 product, that has been well refined almost to perfection. My question is, has anyone upgraded from their 7Plus to the smaller 8 because of one handed use and regretted it? My biggest concern is battery life and missing the portrait camera from the plus however, it's almost impossible to capture a portrait moment in real life unless your subject is still.
    10-08-2017 09:44 AM
    Nope, no regrets. I still have my 7 plus and to me my 8 is faster in every way and better. After 2 days on my 8 I can barely hold the 7 plus.

I do miss the better camera of the 7+ but the 8 gets the job done. I get 8+ hours on my 8 and prefer gaming on the smaller size.
    libra89, Rocket_Girl and myrtle336 like this.
    10-08-2017 09:51 AM
    You can always get the 8 and use it with the Apple Smart Battery case
    10-08-2017 05:06 PM
    I actually went from a 7plus to a regular 8 and have ZERO regrets. I always edit my pics after I take them so I don’t really see a difference between my old Plus and my new 8! It’s been heaven not having to awkwardly try to fit the plus in a pocket or just the overall annoyance of handling it on the daily. And as far as battery I’m always near a charger, either I have my own or someone else has one I can throw my phone on to juice it up a little. Overall I’ve been happy with the change and can say I probably won’t ever go back to a phone as large as the plus.
    stavwoz likes this.
    10-09-2017 01:21 AM
    the 8 is Gen4 product

Not sure I understand, can you clarify?
    10-10-2017 06:52 AM
    Not sure I understand, can you clarify?
    I think he means that the iPhone 8 is the fourth iteration of the iPhone 6 design.
    And that the iPhone X is the first of its kind.

I don’t totally agree with him though.
    Every iteration of the iPhone uses some hardware that’s already in previous ones and some hardware that’s upgraded or changed.

A 1st gen of any iPhone won’t stop me from getting it though.
    10-10-2017 10:48 AM
    I think he means that the iPhone 8 is the fourth iteration of the iPhone 6 design.

Every iteration of the iPhone uses some hardware that’s already in previous ones and some hardware that’s upgraded or changed.
    Ah, I guess that makes sense. Although I personally don't care what the phone looks like as long as some of the inside hardware is updated.

I love my 8 Plus, even if the outside looks the same as a previous model. The biggest reason I did not hold out for the 10 is I'm just not ready to give up the fingerprint ID on the Home button. I really really love that specific feature.
    Tartarus, mumfoau and kcox52692 like this.
    10-10-2017 10:55 AM

The X is a new beast. OLED screen, face ID, stainless steel casing, and not to mention software swiping for everything. This is a first device for apple no matter how you see it. The only shared hardware is A11 with the 8/8Plus. It will be interesting how the future of iPhone will fair with competing devices with similar functions at a cheaper price tag. Gone are the days of apple being intuitive with productive features that just work, and hello Animojis.
    10-10-2017 06:33 PM
    Love the 8. Perfect size. Fast. 5 stars.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    10-10-2017 10:19 PM
    I'm thinking of going from a 6s Plus to an 8. I really miss a smaller form factor, but I'm not sure if I should give up that Portrait mode or insane battery life.
    10-11-2017 10:27 AM
    I'm thinking of going from a 6s Plus to an 8. I really miss a smaller form factor, but I'm not sure if I should give up that Portrait mode or insane battery life.
    The 8 is a great device, and the size is just nice. If you’re worried about the battery life, you can always opt out for a Smart Battery Case by Apple.
    10-11-2017 05:54 PM
    The 8 is a great device, and the size is just nice. If you’re worried about the battery life, you can always opt out for a Smart Battery Case by Apple.
    I checked on the website and didn't see an Apple battery case for the 8. I really want the smaller form factor. But I want battery and portrait mode. Looks like the X would be the best choice for me. But I won't pay a premium and not sure I'll be able to actually get one from Apple.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:48 PM
    I checked on the website and didn't see an Apple battery case for the 8. I really want the smaller form factor. But I want battery and portrait mode. Looks like the X would be the best choice for me. But I won't pay a premium and not sure I'll be able to actually get one from Apple.
    I was told at an Apple store that the smart battery case for the 7 will fit the 8
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:59 PM
    The Apple Smart Battery case for the 7 will fit the 8 just fine
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    10-12-2017 05:32 AM
    The Apple Smart Battery case for the 7 will fit the 8 just fine
    Good to hear. Still not sure what I'm doing.
    10-12-2017 07:23 AM
    I’m really considering going from the plus size to the 4.7 I’ve had the plus size from the 6 but now getting tired of the bulk. Got the 8+ for a week but that extra weight and bulk put me off, so returned it. Now I’m considering getting the 8 Silver till the X comes out and selling off my current 7+.
    #firstworldproblems
    10-13-2017 01:04 PM
    I think the thing that bothers me the most is the 720p screen. It's just....bad but I like the smaller form factor.
    10-13-2017 01:48 PM
    t's just....bad but I like the smaller form factor.
    It's not bad unless you have them side by side you wouldn't know, i have had 2 plus and a 7 and now a 8 in the last year. 8 is my perfect size and the plus is even heavier now, just too big for pocket.
    Also in Australia the biggest Telco Telstra has given the 8 a bluetick which means better reception in rural areas, they do extensive testing and only give to a few phones that pass, the plus didn't.
    I have tested the 8 on my travels for a few weeks and compared to all the other iPhones i had last year the reception is way better.
    10-13-2017 04:47 PM
    I've been watching the iPhone 8/8Plus reviews over the past few weeks. The iPhone "X" is not going to be a device that I'm gonna want since it's going to be a Gen1 product where as the 8 is Gen4 product, that has been well refined almost to perfection. My question is, has anyone upgraded from their 7Plus to the smaller 8 because of one handed use and regretted it? My biggest concern is battery life and missing the portrait camera from the plus however, it's almost impossible to capture a portrait moment in real life unless your subject is still. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8b9952a126.png
    Yes, and I’m glad I did. Besides, my mind was prepared for the diminished size of the iPhone 8. I noticed the size difference immediately when I first got it, but now it’s seems normal and I don’t even miss the iPhone the iPhone 7 Plus I had before it.
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-13-2017 05:54 PM
    I think the thing that bothers me the most is the 720p screen. It's just....bad but I like the smaller form factor.
    Yeah, I completely forgot about the 720p display. Apple needs to step it up.
    10-13-2017 06:12 PM
    Yeah, I completely forgot about the 720p display. Apple needs to step it up.
    Do they need to step it up? Don't get me wrong I love the high def screens but most people still own a 1080 or 720p television. And that is most likely 35-60" but people are ok with owning them, but the lower res screen for higher battery life is atrocious.

Personally I think all companies should follow Samsung and give me an option. That is the most ideal I think.
    10-29-2017 09:31 PM
    If I'm reading correctly, I'm seeing that the battery life on the 8 isn't as good as on the 8 plus? Is that true? Is the difference that significant? Seems to me it should be better in the smaller device...
    10-31-2017 02:44 PM
    If I'm reading correctly, I'm seeing that the battery life on the 8 isn't as good as on the 8 plus? Is that true? Is the difference that significant? Seems to me it should be better in the smaller device...
    My battery life is pretty amazing on my 8. Haven’t had any issues with it lasting all day & I usually have about 30% left.
    sleepngbear and libra89 like this.
    10-31-2017 06:58 PM
    My battery life is pretty amazing on my 8. Haven’t had any issues with it lasting all day & I usually have about 30% left.
    Just about a week now with my 8, and I'm quite happy with battery life. It's significantly better than the 6s Plus was -- I haven't come home from work with less than 70%. The phone is just a better device all around -- size, speed, everything. Not sorry at all that I didn't hold out for the X.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-10-2017 07:04 PM
    I've been watching the iPhone 8/8Plus reviews over the past few weeks. The iPhone "X" is not going to be a device that I'm gonna want since it's going to be a Gen1 product where as the 8 is Gen4 product, that has been well refined almost to perfection. My question is, has anyone upgraded from their 7Plus to the smaller 8 because of one handed use and regretted it? My biggest concern is battery life and missing the portrait camera from the plus however, it's almost impossible to capture a portrait moment in real life unless your subject is still. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8b9952a126.png
    Yes, did this. No, did not regret one bit. LOVE the 8 size after 6Plus and 7Plus.
    panosth likes this.
    11-15-2017 07:16 PM
26 12