Upgrading from 7Plus to 8Minus

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I completely forgot about the 720p display. Apple needs to step it up.

Do they need to step it up? Don't get me wrong I love the high def screens but most people still own a 1080 or 720p television. And that is most likely 35-60" but people are ok with owning them, but the lower res screen for higher battery life is atrocious.

Personally I think all companies should follow Samsung and give me an option. That is the most ideal I think.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If I'm reading correctly, I'm seeing that the battery life on the 8 isn't as good as on the 8 plus? Is that true? Is the difference that significant? Seems to me it should be better in the smaller device...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If I'm reading correctly, I'm seeing that the battery life on the 8 isn't as good as on the 8 plus? Is that true? Is the difference that significant? Seems to me it should be better in the smaller device...

My battery life is pretty amazing on my 8. Haven’t had any issues with it lasting all day & I usually have about 30% left.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is pretty amazing on my 8. Haven’t had any issues with it lasting all day & I usually have about 30% left.

Just about a week now with my 8, and I'm quite happy with battery life. It's significantly better than the 6s Plus was -- I haven't come home from work with less than 70%. The phone is just a better device all around -- size, speed, everything. Not sorry at all that I didn't hold out for the X.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching the iPhone 8/8Plus reviews over the past few weeks. The iPhone "X" is not going to be a device that I'm gonna want since it's going to be a Gen1 product where as the 8 is Gen4 product, that has been well refined almost to perfection. My question is, has anyone upgraded from their 7Plus to the smaller 8 because of one handed use and regretted it? My biggest concern is battery life and missing the portrait camera from the plus however, it's almost impossible to capture a portrait moment in real life unless your subject is still. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171008/60c2d65ea58019c50e92da8b9952a126.png

Yes, did this. No, did not regret one bit. LOVE the 8 size after 6Plus and 7Plus.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just about a week now with my 8, and I'm quite happy with battery life. It's significantly better than the 6s Plus was -- I haven't come home from work with less than 70%. The phone is just a better device all around -- size, speed, everything. Not sorry at all that I didn't hold out for the X.

That’s awesome...Glad you’re loving it!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2