I recently picked up an iPhone 8 coming from an iPhone 6. The difference is night and day! Two things that are most impressive to me:

1) Speed - Oh my. This blows my iPhone 6 out of the water! No stutter, no lag, and apps open so fast. Wow.

2) Battery Life - I'm ending the day (without charging it) at around 50%. What? This is unheard of.

I don't care that the critics think this phone is boring. I don't think it is. I think it is a technological marvel.

10-07-2017 11:25 AM
    If you had iPhone every year, you won’t really notice much
    zinedine and libra89 like this.
    10-07-2017 11:51 AM
    I recently picked up an iPhone 8 coming from an iPhone 6. The difference is night and day! Two things that are most impressive to me:

1) Speed - Oh my. This blows my iPhone 6 out of the water! No stutter, no lag, and apps open so fast. Wow.

2) Battery Life - I'm ending the day (without charging it) at around 50%. What? This is unheard of.

I don't care that the critics think this phone is boring. I don't think it is. I think it is a technological marvel.

It’s nice to hear when fans enjoy their new Apple products. Like you, I, too, am enjoying my new iPhone 8 - even after coming from an iPhone 7 Plus. Anyway, thank you for sharing your excitement with us...
    10-07-2017 11:59 AM
    If you had iPhone every year, you won’t really notice much
    Not sure why anyone would need to buy a new phone every year but I'm sure glad they do. I own Apple stock, lol.
    10-07-2017 12:03 PM
    Not sure why anyone would need to buy a new phone every year but I'm sure glad they do. I own Apple stock, lol.
    Most imore user upgrade their iPhone every year!
    libra89 and sircraig2000 like this.
    10-07-2017 01:28 PM
    I can tell a difference coming from the ip7 to my ip8. It is snappier for sure. Pics snap quicker and it has wireless charging. I agree with you on this post it is incredible. I also own the galaxy s8, which I could argue has a nicer screen than my ip8 but that would be the only thing that galaxy may be better at, IMO. When I open or switch apps on the galaxy s8 there is a momentary pause that is just not there n my ip8.
    10-07-2017 02:45 PM
    I can tell a difference coming from the ip7 to my ip8. It is snappier for sure. Pics snap quicker and it has wireless charging. I agree with you on this post it is incredible. I also own the galaxy s8, which I could argue has a nicer screen than my ip8 but that would be the only thing that galaxy may be better at, IMO. When I open or switch apps on the galaxy s8 there is a momentary pause that is just not there n my ip8.
    Did you get a wireless charger yet? I want to get one but I can't decide which one to get.
    10-07-2017 02:55 PM
    Did you get a wireless charger yet? I want to get one but I can't decide which one to get.
    I did. It is at home waiting for me, just ordered it. This is the one I bought.

It doesn’t have a lot of reviews yet but the older versions of this one have thousands of great reviews. So I am hopeful.
    10-07-2017 04:49 PM
    I did. It is at home waiting for me, just ordered it. This is the one I bought. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b32de53944.jpg

It doesn’t have a lot of reviews yet but the older versions of this one have thousands of great reviews. So I am hopeful.
    Does it come with the wall adapter or can you just use the one that came with your phone?
    10-07-2017 07:02 PM
    Does it come with the wall adapter or can you just use the one that came with your phone?
    It came with the usb-c to the regular usb cable, no charge block.
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    10-07-2017 08:18 PM
    ConGrats on your new iPhone 8. Enjoy
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    10-08-2017 03:43 AM
    You could have gained that battery life by replacing the battery on your iPhone 6 for a fraction of the price of a new phone, I did that a year ago and the difference was fantastic. Sure the iPhone 8 has some fancy CPU tricks to help with battery life but it’s mostly just the difference between a new and old battery
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    10-08-2017 01:11 PM
    I think the 8 plus was a great upgrade from the 7 plus... The wireless charging alone is worth it.. I got $700 for my 7+ .. so the decision was easy
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    10-08-2017 01:53 PM
    You could have gained that battery life by replacing the battery on your iPhone 6 for a fraction of the price of a new phone, I did that a year ago and the difference was fantastic. Sure the iPhone 8 has some fancy CPU tricks to help with battery life but it’s mostly just the difference between a new and old battery
    Huh? It's more than that. I too came from an iPhone 6 Plus to 8 Plus and it's MUCH faster, was very surprised.
    10-08-2017 03:45 PM

Battery is always great at first and then tanks in a few months. My 7 was great the first few months now battery is pretty bad (and my usage has not changed).
    10-08-2017 04:40 PM
    Battery is always great at first and then tanks in a few months. My 7 was great the first few months now battery is pretty bad (and my usage has not changed).
    I didn't have that experience at all with my iPhone 6. Hope that doesn't happen with my 8!
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-08-2017 06:32 PM
    I didn't have that experience at all with my iPhone 6. Hope that doesn't happen with my 8!
    It’s normal for batteries to degenerate over time.
    If it does happen to you 8, or if you use your iPhone heavily, you can always pick up the Apple Smart Battery case
    10-08-2017 07:21 PM
    I also have the SGS8 along with my iPhone 7, iPhone SE & iPad. The SGS8 can easily be made so much faster. Put the Nova Launcher (paid version) on it and go to the section that allows you to speed everything up. After that go to settings on the SGS8, GO TO developer options and change the animations to .5 instead of stock settings. The SGS8 WILL FLY. I can never use another Android phone without doing these easily changed features. The Nova Launcher speed up settings really add a big boost in speed along with many custom features. ( Double Tap to shut off )
    Vinny
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-08-2017 08:07 PM
    I also have the SGS8 along with my iPhone 7, iPhone SE & iPad. The SGS8 can easily be made so much faster. Put the Nova Launcher (paid version) on it and go to the section that allows you to speed everything up. After that go to settings on the SGS8, GO TO developer options and change the animations to .5 instead of stock settings. The SGS8 WILL FLY. I can never use another Android phone without doing these easily changed features. The Nova Launcher speed up settings really add a big boost in speed along with many custom features. ( Double Tap to shut off )
    Vinny
    I guess I don't really feel like doing all that. I change my wallpaper sometimes and maybe move apps around a little bit but I don't do much customizing of my phone anymore. I used to root and all that before but now I prefer to just use it when I need to.
    10-08-2017 08:22 PM
    Vinny
    Loved Nova when I had Android phones. Was an alpha tester for the developer. I would never run an android phone without it.
    Question that you might be able to answer... will the Samsung wireless charge pads work for the iPhone 8? I’m betting no, but i thought I’d ask.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-08-2017 08:52 PM
    Loved Nova when I had Android phones. Was an alpha tester for the developer. I would never run an android phone without it.
    Question that you might be able to answer... will the Samsung wireless charge pads work for the iPhone 8? I’m betting no, but i thought I’d ask.
    Yes, works great.
    Vinny
    10-09-2017 12:30 AM
    The Samsung wireless charge pads do work with the new iPhone. I've tested it. I would still buy Apple's wireless charger as I do not know how Samsung's charger will affect the iPhone battery down the road.

Glad you're enjoying your new phone. I got the 8 Plus and am loving it. I came from the 7 Plus. I notice slight differences from the 7 Plus. So was a worthy upgrade for me.
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    10-09-2017 07:19 AM
    I had my 7+ for a year and the battery remained strong until I sold it for my 8+
    Annie_8plus and sircraig2000 like this.
    10-09-2017 08:20 AM