No dual SIM iPhone 8 and 8 Plus

Isaiah Heart

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Whatever reason Apple may give. Why don't we have a dual sim iPhone 8 and plus? What Apple must fathom out is that; not one and all wants two phones. I believe the intent for a dual sim phone is to cut down on the expense of buying another one. Will it make sense if I buy two iPhones or iPhone +LG etc when I can just have one with two simcards? Certainly not.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question, we don’t have dual SIM support on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus (or on any iPhone) because wireless carriers make a ton of money from international plans. Dual SIM support would eat into their profits. Apple doesn’t necessarily need to bend the knee to carriers (and has had a history of doing just the opposite) but they do need the carriers to push Apple’s devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, unless there’s an outcry from a majority of iPhone users, I highly doubt Apple will implement it. Besides, don’t services like Vonage Business allow a separate number to be associated with the one device?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whatever reason Apple may give. Why don't we have a dual sim iPhone 8 and plus? What Apple must fathom out is that; not one and all wants two phones. I believe the intent for a dual sim phone is to cut down on the expense of buying another one. Will it make sense if I buy two iPhones or iPhone +LG etc when I can just have one with two simcards? Certainly not.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

This is something that's not high in demand for Apple users. I do believe there's a phone manufacture that has dual sim. If I'm not mistaken "BLU" smartphone manufacturer has this ability.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is something that's not high in demand for Apple users. I do believe there's a phone manufacture that has dual sim. If I'm not mistaken "BLU" smartphone manufacturer has this ability.

There are lots of manufacturers out there with dual SIM card capabilities, most of them Asian companies.

I am on vacation abroad and have purchased a prepaid SIM card because it’s cheaper than roaming. Whenever I need to call someone from my ‘own’ number I use WhatsApp or FaceTime Audio. This works like a charm.
My voicemail tells people that are calling me by normal voice call that they can reach me through WhatsApp calls or using the email that’s associated with FaceTime.

I have yet to miss a voice call or other important stuff.

I can see the benefits of a dual SIM card enabled iPhone but apparently it’s not something Apple seems necessary to integrate yet in their devices.
A reason for this may be that there simply is no room for the necessary chips for adding dual sim capabilities to the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I believe the Galaxy S8 and the Note 8 both support dual SIM cards.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner