Wireless Charging Pad 17 Silverado 1500 Not Working?

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have a Chevrolet with wireless charging? I have a 2017 LTZ 1500 and it does not work. I work at the Chevrolet dealership and tested more than one truck to se if it was just mine and nothing? Anybody have any ideas?? All the Samsung phones work an when I put my 8 on the Samsung wireless disk that everyone has it works just fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2016 Cadillac CTS and my iPhone 8 will not charge when placed on the wireless charging mat. If I remove the mat, it'll charge, but doesn't appear to maintain the charge. I don't like that one bit.

Last edited:

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I can't remove my mat, it's built into the center console but this is very aggravating for sure. We have some 2018 Silverados in now and I tried some of them and as soon as you set it down it instantly starts charging, even with a case on! I tried Samsung that lay flat and stand up right wireless chargers and they work perfectly with my 8. All the Samsung phones that fit in the charger pad work, why won't the iPhone 8.

P.S. I am in no way blaming Apple, I think it's an automotive issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't remove my mat, it's built into the center console but this is very aggravating for sure. We have some 2018 Silverados in now and I tried some of them and as soon as you set it down it instantly starts charging, even with a case on! I tried Samsung that lay flat and stand up right wireless chargers and they work perfectly with my 8. All the Samsung phones that fit in the charger pad work, why won't the iPhone 8.
I wish I knew the answer. It’s as if the output power (for lack of a better term) is too weak for the iPhone 8. The glass backing shouldn’t affect the connection, in my opinion, especially if the device charges without a problem with the 2018 model vehicle and any other wireless charging pad. Know what I mean?

P.S. I am in no way blaming Apple, I think it's an automotive issue.

I’m not blaming Apple either - at least not yet...

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
It does not work in my 2017 CTS either. It seemed to charge for a second and then nothing. I'm not sure I really would've used it much, anyway, since it is behind the door/screen of the car's interface, so there's no access to the phone at all while wirelessly charging.

windborn

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
My iPhone 8 doesn't work on my 2016 Tahoe either but I bought a morphie juice air and now it works great and in any orientation. Also get the benefit of 27 hour battery life.

Chevy Dude

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I also work at a Chevy dealer and I am the master technology expert. There is a new bulletin that came out 10.27.17 that shares the new iPhone x is NOT compatible with any of our wireless charging systems. I have done exhausting research, trials, and questioned GM tech line. Not getting any really good answers on why not. Iphone 8,
samsung galaxy s6 active, S7 & S7 active work on the follwing 2018 models . Buick enclave,
Cadillac Esclade, Chevy bolt, Chevy Tahoe, Silverado (LD/HD), Suburban, GMC terrain,
yukon (short and xl), and the sierra LD/HD trucks. As of now, that's it. See pic attached to other compatible devices.
IMG_0717.jpg . If you look up #17-na-142 in the SI system there is more info. Document ID is 4779442

Have any questions reach out, just google Chevy Dude