No one seems to have mentioned this, but my new silver iPhone 8 has good grippiness. The back and even the aluminum on the sides is, to me, safe for use without a case. I also note that the glass on the back doesn't seem to pick up smudges, but maybe that's just because it's white? Anyway, couldn't be happier. Not since my 3gs could I go caseless.
    09-23-2017 05:13 PM
    Very cool. Considering holding my iPhone 7 Plus is like holding a stick of butter this is a welcome improvement.
    09-23-2017 06:04 PM
    I’ve heard a few people saying that the new 8 is much easier to hold. As with every phone, using it naked is always the best experience.
    09-23-2017 08:22 PM
    It definitely feels great without a case. Although, it’s not as grippy as my jet black 7plus.
    TripleOne and Spencerdl like this.
    09-23-2017 09:52 PM
    It definitely feels great without a case. Although, it’s not as grippy as my jet black 7plus.
    The Jet Black feels great in the hand, very grippy indeed.
    09-23-2017 11:11 PM
    The Jet Black feels great in the hand, very grippy indeed.
    It truly does
    09-23-2017 11:12 PM
    I played with one in store and my greasy fingers didn't like it.Feels good though
    09-24-2017 12:22 AM
    I played with one in store and my greasy fingers didn't like it.Feels good though
    That’s what you get eating McDonalds in the Apple Store.
    darius_robin and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2017 12:28 AM
    I have the 8 Plus, but I agree, this is the first time I've gone phone naked since my 4 and 4S. It's beyond awesome feeling and I don't feel like it's going to pop out of my hand like a bar of $900 soap
    MooMooPrincess and J-Cam93 like this.
    09-24-2017 12:31 AM
    That’s what you get eating McDonalds in the Apple Store.
    Double cheeseburger is the best man 🤣
    TripleOne and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2017 12:42 AM
    Double cheeseburger is the best man 🤣
    Triple is the best
    MooMooPrincess and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2017 12:44 AM
    Triple is the best
    I'm on a diet so only a double for me
    Spencerdl and TripleOne like this.
    09-24-2017 12:45 AM
    Triple is the best
    I’ll take a Big Mac any day of the week!
    09-24-2017 12:48 AM
    Great, now I feel like having McDonalds for dinner 🤣
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2017 12:49 AM
    One less life decision you have to make today. You’re welcome.
    TripleOne, Spencerdl and mumfoau like this.
    09-24-2017 12:52 AM
    One less life decision you have to make today. You’re welcome.
    LOL DO IT
    09-24-2017 12:57 AM
    McDouble cheese burgers and fries are like CRACK to me... not that I know anything about crack!
    MooMooPrincess and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2017 01:53 AM
    I disagree with most of you about everything.

Firstly on topic, while the glass back of the 8 is grippier than the back of an iPhone 6, the sides are still slippery, albeit maybe slightly less so than an iPhone 6. I will be going caseless though. It’s good looking phone and shouldn’t be hidden by a case.

Food chain burgers are all disgusting and will help kill you all. Try making a burger yourself from decent meat, it tastes so different and has texture. It’s a shame a cow has died to make a textureless, flavourless disc that’s essentially free from any sort of nutrition. I won’t even start on the vile substance they call cheese
    09-24-2017 02:49 AM
    I disagree with most of you about everything.

Firstly on topic, while the glass back of the 8 is grippier than the back of an iPhone 6, the sides are still slippery, albeit maybe slightly less so than an iPhone 6. I will be going caseless though. It’s good looking phone and shouldn’t be hidden by a case.

Food chain burgers are all disgusting and will help kill you all. Try making a burger yourself from decent meat, it tastes so different and has texture. It’s a shame a cow has died to make a textureless, flavourless disc that’s essentially free from any sort of nutrition. I won’t even start on the vile substance they call cheese
    Good point with the the sides still being slippery (makes sense as they’re still aluminum) but I’ll take any improvement. My iPhone 7 Plus spends the majority of its time outside of a case and I’ve yet to mark it up after a year, so I’m sure the new iPhones will only make things easier.

None of us ever said we don’t make our own food but that doesn’t mean we don’t like the taste. I honestly don’t remember the last time I ate a fast food burger. I doubt any of us order fast food thinking we are eating anything other than garbage.
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
    09-24-2017 07:13 AM
    Just can't risk a drop, so have the Apple Leather case for my 8+. Would be nice to reduce weight and some bulk without a case, but the chance for an accidental drop is too great in my experience.
    09-25-2017 07:22 AM
    I have found the new iPhone 8 to be slippery compared to the all metal body of my iPhone 7. I have bought the Apple OEM leather case which should solve the problem.
    09-25-2017 07:48 AM
    For me, it's not so much the material but the shape of the iPhone 8 (+ in my case) that makes it harder to pick up. The iPhone 4S had aluminum sides too, but the flat surface made picking it up in a sure-handed manner no problem. I think the rounded sides are what cause a problem for me, hence a leather Apple case.
    09-25-2017 08:08 AM
    I might be the odd-one-out, but I've owned an iPhone 5 for three years now and no cover, and no problems so far...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-25-2017 08:26 AM
    It not being slippery is subjective.
    09-25-2017 08:29 AM
    I have the 8+ and I can't trust something that large with a glass front/back w/o a case. I am using a nice Speck case, but sadly it's a bit thick and having trouble removing the phone from the belt / case I use. I have a silicone case coming today from Apple, will see if that helps.
    09-25-2017 02:05 PM
46 12