Best Case is NO CASE - iPhone 8 Isn't Slippery to Hold

JohninCT2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
No one seems to have mentioned this, but my new silver iPhone 8 has good grippiness. The back and even the aluminum on the sides is, to me, safe for use without a case. I also note that the glass on the back doesn't seem to pick up smudges, but maybe that's just because it's white? Anyway, couldn't be happier. Not since my 3gs could I go caseless.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Very cool. Considering holding my iPhone 7 Plus is like holding a stick of butter this is a welcome improvement.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve heard a few people saying that the new 8 is much easier to hold. As with every phone, using it naked is always the best experience.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the 8 Plus, but I agree, this is the first time I've gone phone naked since my 4 and 4S. It's beyond awesome feeling and I don't feel like it's going to pop out of my hand like a bar of $900 soap

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I disagree with most of you about everything.

Firstly on topic, while the glass back of the 8 is grippier than the back of an iPhone 6, the sides are still slippery, albeit maybe slightly less so than an iPhone 6. I will be going caseless though. It’s good looking phone and shouldn’t be hidden by a case.

Food chain burgers are all disgusting and will help kill you all. Try making a burger yourself from decent meat, it tastes so different and has texture. It’s a shame a cow has died to make a textureless, flavourless disc that’s essentially free from any sort of nutrition. I won’t even start on the vile substance they call cheese

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with most of you about everything.

Firstly on topic, while the glass back of the 8 is grippier than the back of an iPhone 6, the sides are still slippery, albeit maybe slightly less so than an iPhone 6. I will be going caseless though. It’s good looking phone and shouldn’t be hidden by a case.

Food chain burgers are all disgusting and will help kill you all. Try making a burger yourself from decent meat, it tastes so different and has texture. It’s a shame a cow has died to make a textureless, flavourless disc that’s essentially free from any sort of nutrition. I won’t even start on the vile substance they call cheese

Good point with the the sides still being slippery (makes sense as they’re still aluminum) but I’ll take any improvement. My iPhone 7 Plus spends the majority of its time outside of a case and I’ve yet to mark it up after a year, so I’m sure the new iPhones will only make things easier.

None of us ever said we don’t make our own food but that doesn’t mean we don’t like the taste. I honestly don’t remember the last time I ate a fast food burger. I doubt any of us order fast food thinking we are eating anything other than garbage.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just can't risk a drop, so have the Apple Leather case for my 8+. Would be nice to reduce weight and some bulk without a case, but the chance for an accidental drop is too great in my experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234