Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but seeing lots of shattered glass backs already on YouTube. I know, I know glass breaks, but it only needs to happen once to ruin your day (your month, or even your year!) sorry. Anyway, I'll be putting it in a clear case like a Speck.....
    DEman19901 likes this.
    09-25-2017 01:10 PM
    Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but seeing lots of shattered glass backs already on YouTube. I know, I know glass breaks, but it only needs to happen once to ruin your day (your month, or even your year!) sorry. Anyway, I'll be putting it in a clear case like a Speck.....
    I'm currently using the Sapphire Blue Apple Leather case I used for my 7 Plus, and I'll likely be buying AppleCare+ soon, for the reasons you mention in your post. I love the glass construction, particularly as it allows for the wireless charging, but it is not as durable.
    09-25-2017 01:58 PM
    Just saw an article on drop tests done on the 8 and 8 Plus. They do seem to have a very bad problem with shattering. I know I'd use a very protective case, like an Otterbox.
    09-25-2017 07:35 PM
    I won’t be using a complete cover for my plus, just a transparent back cover. That way it doesn’t add weight, you van still see the phone and I won’t have to worry about it slipping. I love Mickey D’s too.
    09-25-2017 10:00 PM
    I think my ip8 is just as slippery on the sides as my ip7 was. The glass on the back may have a little more grip though.

I have been taking my case off when at home the last few days.
    09-26-2017 11:31 PM
    No one seems to have mentioned this, but my new silver iPhone 8 has good grippiness. The back and even the aluminum on the sides is, to me, safe for use without a case.
    Actually the GRIP is great, but when you lay the iPhone 8 ANYWHERE on a slanted surface (no case) the back of the thing just has no friction and starts moving on it's own!! I've had it slip off my desk TWICE when I thought I just put it on a flat surface (it wasn't just barely)... Even a slight slant and the phone starts moving.. it's kinda funny watching it ghost move, but I see this leading to a lot of unintentionally "dropped" phones sliding off of tables.
    09-28-2017 03:00 PM
    Agree. it feels so good in hand. I never ever use cases, on Any phone.
    The 8 is more 'grippy' than my 7S jet black.
    10-10-2017 10:30 PM
    That makes way more sense than "I like how a naked phone feels in my hand" Special kind of weird right there.
    10-11-2017 09:27 AM
    But odds are you’ll drop it only once
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:47 AM
    Just put the clear skinomi skin on the front & back. Keeps the phone from picking up little dings & scratches, works great, have same skins on my SE. The phone is more grippier if that internal storage a word? Haven't even turned the damn thing on yet, letting it dry over night & in the AM I'll set it up.
    Vinny
    10-13-2017 12:59 AM
    It's same as 6/7 on the sides which is where you carry it, back only has more grip.
    10-13-2017 04:37 PM
    While I think the glass is less slippery to hold than the metal, I feel better having my 8 Plus cased
    Last edited by mumfoau; 10-13-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    10-13-2017 05:16 PM
    I don’t know about the ‘best case is having no case’ comment, but I prefer to carry my iPhone 8 and all of them before it as-is straight out of the box....but that’s Just Me, D...
    10-13-2017 05:49 PM
    I don’t know about the ‘best case is having no case’ comment, but I prefer to carry my iPhone 8 and all of them before it as-is straight out of the box....but that’s Just Me, D...
    Agreed 100%
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-13-2017 06:13 PM
    I begrudgingly use a case while at work. During off time I rock it naked. Just too nice to keep it wrapped in silicone
    10-17-2017 11:45 PM
    No one seems to have mentioned this, but my new silver iPhone 8 has good grippiness. The back and even the aluminum on the sides is, to me, safe for use without a case. I also note that the glass on the back doesn't seem to pick up smudges, but maybe that's just because it's white? Anyway, couldn't be happier. Not since my 3gs could I go caseless.
    I always flirt with the thought of going case-less but end up with a case. I agree, the 8 plus isn’t that bad without a case. I love the weight of the 8 plus.
    10-25-2017 11:19 PM
    As I said, have clear skinomi on front and back, do it to all my phones. Just bought the Pitaka Case, best case for minimalist case. Tougher but feels like you are not using a case.
    Vinny
    11-16-2017 05:36 AM
    I have been going without a case for the last several days. I have the otter box defender and a clear with black outer edge otter box case. The cases are fine but I like to hold just the device, It feels good in my hand with nothing on it. The glass has more grip than my ip7 back did but the edges are just as slippery. Honestly I have the confidence to use no case because I bought AppleCare this time unlike with my ip7 which I did crack quickly last year. Maybe if I have to replace it I would go back to case but for now. NO CASE
    11-16-2017 07:48 AM
    I too find the sides very slippery. I just got my iPhone 8 yesterday. I have very small hands. Phone is sliding around like crazy on me. Sometime today I really need a case 'cause that phone is in danger until I do.
    11-16-2017 07:53 AM
    Maybe I will look at those flexible wraps. Anybody seen a grippy looking one anywhere?
    11-18-2017 10:48 AM
    I don’t actually use a case for protection or because the devise is slippery. It comes in handy when I want to jazz up my device. It’s an accessory just like a pair of earrings lol
    Last edited by nikkisharif; 11-19-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-18-2017 04:05 PM
46 12