Is the iPhone 8 a failure?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It looks like people are experiencing trouble with orientation lock. I'll go post the screenshots in the iOS 11 thread in General....

Oh, I recall someone posting about it here in a different thread and I was one of the people who hadn’t experienced it yet.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
There’s really no practical reason for many people to buy the 8 as opposed to the X. If you’re looking at upgrades, most people on a two year device agreement got the 7/7+ so they aren’t gettin the 8 less than a year or a year after upgrading.

Add in the fact that essentially the phone isn’t a large iteration over the 7 and most average users don’t pay too much attention to chip speeds or display specifics. If the phone handles day to day email, calls, text and social media fast enough they’ll settle for the 7. I’m not getting the X or the 8, as my 7 does the same thing that those two devices do for what I use it for. Plus facial recognition? Meh.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let’s not forget the numerous people who buy only the S model iPhone as well as those who only buy the non-S models. This year, Apple decided not to deem this year’s iPhone an S model and also included a new redesigned iPhone. Some of those who would typically buy the S model are now somewhat bewildered. Some will get the 8, but I believe more will opt for the iPhone X. Apple will still sell a ton of iPhones but the revenue will be from 3 different iPhone models instead of 2. Sales of one device will always drop when the next best thing comes along, but for the company that sells both, its revenue remains high.

Last edited:

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
As a person who has an iPhone 7 Plus the differences between it and the new model are just not a lot to make me want to buy it. Yeah sure... I could get it since I'm in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and I'm eligible to upgrade every year but do I need it? No, my current iPhone does everything I need it to do and I have a feeling that a lot of people think the same way I do about it.

Now if you have an older device, like the 6s or even older than that then yes, the iPhone 8 would be a good step up but for those who have the slightly older 7 model it's just not worth it.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
As a person who has an iPhone 7 Plus the differences between it and the new model are just not a lot to make me want to buy it. Yeah sure... I could get it since I'm in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and I'm eligible to upgrade every year but do I need it? No, my current iPhone does everything I need it to do and I have a feeling that a lot of people think the same way I do about it.

Now if you have an older device, like the 6s or even older than that then yes, the iPhone 8 would be a good step up but for those who have the slightly older 7 model it's just not worth it.

My only issue with this post is that it has little to do with the OP. The argument almost every year is that there isn't enough "new" to upgrade from the last year's iPhone. That doesn't make the phone a failure, just typical.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site

Be careful you may get attacked for such a post lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro