With my respect, i call it a big failure for iPhone 8, we was waiting this devise to switch from 6s to 8 ...
    Forgodsake ... what are you doing you??
    wireless charger ... is that your revolution ?!!!!

But after this tragedy announcement for iPhone 8, we converted the company devises to iPhone 7.

in this attitude i believe Apple will lose the mobile market if they stayed in this mentality... don't assume the customers are fools.
    Thanx
    Good observation, and I appreciate you sharing it with us...
    09-27-2017 06:39 PM
    Still reading about some glitches in Twitter but I'll check out the thread. Still not sure I want to take a chance on my iPhone 7 with it but I did install it on my iPad air.
    What glitches, if you don’t mind me asking?
    09-27-2017 06:40 PM
    What glitches, if you don’t mind me asking?
    It looks like people are experiencing trouble with orientation lock. I'll go post the screenshots in the iOS 11 thread in General....
    09-27-2017 06:41 PM
    It looks like people are experiencing trouble with orientation lock. I'll go post the screenshots in the iOS 11 thread in General....
    Oh, I recall someone posting about it here in a different thread and I was one of the people who hadn’t experienced it yet.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-27-2017 06:43 PM
    Cant be too much of a failure, there is a 2 week wait from the biggest Telcho in Australia and a 1-2 week wait from Apple.
    09-27-2017 08:24 PM
    There’s really no practical reason for many people to buy the 8 as opposed to the X. If you’re looking at upgrades, most people on a two year device agreement got the 7/7+ so they aren’t gettin the 8 less than a year or a year after upgrading.

Add in the fact that essentially the phone isn’t a large iteration over the 7 and most average users don’t pay too much attention to chip speeds or display specifics. If the phone handles day to day email, calls, text and social media fast enough they’ll settle for the 7. I’m not getting the X or the 8, as my 7 does the same thing that those two devices do for what I use it for. Plus facial recognition? Meh.
    09-27-2017 08:35 PM
    Let’s not forget the numerous people who buy only the S model iPhone as well as those who only buy the non-S models. This year, Apple decided not to deem this year’s iPhone an S model and also included a new redesigned iPhone. Some of those who would typically buy the S model are now somewhat bewildered. Some will get the 8, but I believe more will opt for the iPhone X. Apple will still sell a ton of iPhones but the revenue will be from 3 different iPhone models instead of 2. Sales of one device will always drop when the next best thing comes along, but for the company that sells both, its revenue remains high.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-28-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    Nubwy likes this.
    09-27-2017 08:48 PM
    What happens after iPhone 9 if the iPhone 10 is already coming out this year along with the 8?
    09-28-2017 03:07 AM
    What happens after iPhone 9 if the iPhone 10 is already coming out this year along with the 8?
    We won’t know until next year.
    I have a feeling Apple might skip the 9 and continue with 11.
    09-28-2017 03:11 AM
    We won’t know until next year.
    I have a feeling Apple might skip the 9 and continue with 11.
    That would make sense. They might leave the traditional design behind and continue as X1 etc
    09-28-2017 03:14 AM
    That would make sense. They might leave the traditional design behind and continue as X1 etc
    Yup!
    And Apple stated that it is the future of smartphones.
    09-28-2017 04:12 AM
    As a person who has an iPhone 7 Plus the differences between it and the new model are just not a lot to make me want to buy it. Yeah sure... I could get it since I'm in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and I'm eligible to upgrade every year but do I need it? No, my current iPhone does everything I need it to do and I have a feeling that a lot of people think the same way I do about it.

Now if you have an older device, like the 6s or even older than that then yes, the iPhone 8 would be a good step up but for those who have the slightly older 7 model it's just not worth it.
    Tartarus, SABRIAN70 and phonejunky like this.
    09-29-2017 08:11 AM
    As a person who has an iPhone 7 Plus the differences between it and the new model are just not a lot to make me want to buy it. Yeah sure... I could get it since I'm in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and I'm eligible to upgrade every year but do I need it? No, my current iPhone does everything I need it to do and I have a feeling that a lot of people think the same way I do about it.

Now if you have an older device, like the 6s or even older than that then yes, the iPhone 8 would be a good step up but for those who have the slightly older 7 model it's just not worth it.
    My only issue with this post is that it has little to do with the OP. The argument almost every year is that there isn't enough "new" to upgrade from the last year's iPhone. That doesn't make the phone a failure, just typical.
    Just_Me_D and SABRIAN70 like this.
    09-29-2017 12:23 PM

Be careful you may get attacked for such a post lol.
    SABRIAN70 likes this.
    10-02-2017 04:18 PM
    I wouldn't count that because all the 5C was is a 5 with a plastic back, there were no other differences.
    The 5C had the same radio as the iPhone 5S.
    10-03-2017 09:37 PM
115 ... 345