Has anyone noticed how fast the iPhone 8 boots up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or does the iPhone appear to boot from being powered off to the lock screen in around 7 seconds or so? This start time blows my iPad Pro out of the water.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine took double that, it took about 15 seconds

This time, I actually timed it and discovered it was 12 seconds. I’ll test it a few more times throughout the day. I have an appointment this morning to get my car serviced.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks reveal the a11
Bionic is insanely fast I wouldn't have been surprised if it took 7sec ..I remember when I first booted my
7 it took about 12-13 seconds. The chip is faster then most of the MacBook pros that are out its crazy

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just tried mine out of curiosity. It took an unscientific 10 seconds (the Mississippi second). What surprised me is how fast it powered down. With past iPhones when powering down I'd always get the spinning before turning off. It was instant with my 8.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or does the iPhone appear to boot from being powered off to the lock screen in around 7 seconds or so? This start time blows my iPad Pro out of the water.

I did a hard reset last night, expected it to take a minute.. took about 8-seconds. on my 8+. Like when I got my last computer with a SSD boot, was very surprised.

Mohammad Kaissi

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I just noticed that when I completely power off my iPhone and i just press the power button (not hold) it boots up even though other iPhones require me to hold it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner