Rebooting an iPhone 8

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, wasn’t I surprised to discover that you can’t restart the iPhone 8 in the same manner as the iPhone 7 (pressing power & down volume buttons). I tried doing that when the Skype app kept crashing after setup and discovered that the phone emits siren-like noise. I have yet to set up my iPhone 8 “as new”. Anyway, the noise scared the crap outta me.......Anyway, to reboot the iPhone 8, quickly press the Up volume button and then quickly press the Down volume button and then press and hold on the Power button until you see the  logo. By the way, you do not have to hold all three buttons simultaneously. Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to you. Take care.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, wasn’t I surprised to discover that you can’t restart the iPhone 8 in the same manner as the iPhone 7 (pressing power & down volume buttons). I tried doing that when the Skype app kept crashing after setup and discovered that the phone emits siren-like noise. I have yet to set up my iPhone 8 “as new”. Anyway, the noise scared the crap outta me.......Anyway, to reboot the iPhone 8, quickly press the Up volume button and then quickly press the Down volume button and then press and hold on the Power button until you see the  logo. By the way, you do not have to hold all three buttons simultaneously. Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to you. Take care.

🤣🤣🤣
Congrats. I discovered that siren at 3:45 am and scared everybody awake!!!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I discovered the same thing. That darn SOS freaked me out lol, but you don’t actually have to hold all three down at the same time. If you quick press the up volume, then quick press the down volume, all you need to do is press & hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think they changed it to differentiate a reboot from a screenshot. Isn't a screenshot done by pressing a volume button and sleep/wake at the same time?

Edit: It's the iPhone X that uses volume and side buttons at the same time for screenshots. Still I believe it's to differentiate the 2.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, to reboot the iPhone 8, quickly press the Up volume button and then quickly press the Down volume button and then press and hold on the Power button until you see the  logo. By the way, you do not have to hold all three buttons simultaneously. Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to you. Take care.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro