Disappearing 4k @ 60fps option in camera settings

GolferChris68

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding the new iPhone 8 Plus to be a major bug fest. The biggest issue right now is that the option to shoot 4K at 60FPS has completely disappeared from the camera settings. It was there earlier, and was what I set the video settings to, in order to shoot video. Not only did it disappear, but it changed the mode I was shooting in from 4K @ 60FPS, to 1080 @ 60 FPS.

Tried rebooting, but no go. The only way to get the 4K @ 60FPS option back is to factory-reset the phone, which is obviously not an option. And even if you do that, it disappears again at some random time. This is on an iPhone 8 Plus with 256GB (plenty of free space).

GolferChris68

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, got the option back by changing the format back to High Efficiency. The phone had somehow changed the Format setting to Most Compatible on its own, which in turn removed the 4K at 60FPS option.

Question is, what type of bug would cause settings to change on their own? Pretty frustrated with iOS 11 and the iPhone 8 right now - so many bugs.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ok, got the option back by changing the format back to High Efficiency. The phone had somehow changed the Format setting to Most Compatible on its own, which in turn removed the 4K at 60FPS option.

Question is, what type of bug would cause settings to change on their own? Pretty frustrated with iOS 11 and the iPhone 8 right now - so many bugs.

Not completely related, but do you use a Mac? If you do have you noticed that photos from the 8 don't look as good when using the new high efficiency setting? There's a clickable warning in the top right of the photos that says I need to be running High Sierra to display properly. I guess I'll check them out in a couple days after the update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods