Anyone going case-less with the 8?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Caseless with the 8+... I have a Spigen thin fit if I do feel the need to put one on...
Feeling I should've taken an 8 though

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I remember. I’ll tell you 2 things why you may want to consider. This camera is amazing. There are just some things as you know that you can do with that single lense. The battery is out of this world. I’ve never seen battery like this ever. This is from yesterday. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/ee5200645ef465b20ede0f75d5c7fb43.png

Wow, that’s insane battery life. I can’t even pretend to get that kind of battery life. Still, I made the right decision for me this time around. As for the camera, I’ve stated on more occasions than I can recall that I’d still be content with the camera from the iPhone 5....(Laughing)...It’s never been something I put a lot of stock into. Anyway, I’m glad you’re enjoying your iPhone 8 Plus....

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I don’t use a case but I do have a sleeve that I use when not using my phone. I think the phone is just too pretty to cover up with a case when you’re actually using it. Hopefully I never drop it but I have AppleCare so I’ll just use it if I have to.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I really want to carry this phone without a case. Curious to see if anyone is and their thoughts on the glass back scratching. Thought?
I carry mine without a case but I out a skin protector on front & back. I use the ones you wet and squeegee them out, let dry overnight and the phone will never scratch. Use this method on my iPhone 7 & iPhone SE. Now on my iPhone 8. If you want a case will still fit without any issues.
Good Luck,
Vinny

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
So, I finally got a case because I have the pink sand watch band and kept seeing YouTube videos with the pink sand case on the gold phone and it looked pretty. So....that’s what I’m rocking right now. LOL.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I will be putting a case on the 8 when I order it. The Apple Leather cases are so slim you barely know it’s there. Plus way too much glass to break. I can say I won’t drop it but accidents happen

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I really want to carry this phone without a case. Curious to see if anyone is and their thoughts on the glass back scratching. Thought?
Just got my iPhone 8, installing the clear skinomi skin on both sides of phone. Goes on wet, covers entire face & back. If you want, case still fits on without ruining the skins. Didn't even turn on the phone, pulled it out of the box and put on the skins, letting it dry over night. Looks & feel fantastic. I use the phone around my house & office without a case, if I'm doing something that might cause concern, I'll put it in a case. Very rare my phone's see a case. If you want to sell the phone, pull the skins off and the phone looks new.
Vinny

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Don’t have the 8 yet. Waiting to see what first users think of the X, but feeling like I won’t want the X and will get the 8+.
But got to say I love the Apple silicone cases. I have 2 now for my 6S plus and all the other cases just sit in a box - love the look and feel of these too much.
Thinking I might go with the space gray 8+ and get the rose red silicone case. Just ordered the rose red Apple band for my new watch.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Still going careless on my 8, and my X will be here Friday hopefully, so my 8 will be going back to TMo. It was a nice experiment going back to a smaller screened phone, but can't wait to have something with a larger display again!!!

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I put a Clear Coat Skin on both sides of my iPhone 8 in silver. Looks great and gives it a little grip. If you want to sell it, the clear skins are very easy to pull off.
Vinny

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm usually fairly careful with my phones but try as I may, those accidental drops are going to happen. When glass meets concrete, concrete wins every time. My 8 is currently in a Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

Only_David

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I carried my iPhone 8 around for 1 full day before I got a case. I have tiny fingers and it was slipping around like crazy. Got a really nice Speck turquoise case at Best Buy yesterday and I feel so much more confident with that baby on there.

I don't see much mention of this factor - With all the talk about which color iPhone people like, once you get a case the color of the iPhone doesn't really come into play. I think mine is that dark gray but 8 months from now I'm not sure I could tell anyone what color it is.

PJD642

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Just upgraded from a 6 to an 8, and waited two days for Amazon to deliver my Magpul field case before I swapped out the SIM into the new phone. It's simply too slippery for me, plus it gets thrown in my coat pocket and I work outside a lot and don't care if people see it or not. Loving the wireless charging though...

Last edited:

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Use to use one of those paper thin cases but recently changed to no case. I installed a screen protector & on back a black leather stick on protector, feels fantastic, isn’t slippery & keeps the back from getting scratched I think I bought the back skin from Slickwraps. It’s like alligator leather
Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2