Anyone going case-less with the 8?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Very ironic

Congrats on your Chihuahua

After one whole weekend of looking for that blankity banked blank of a blanking purple case, I’ve resigned myself to ordering it online.

Blank.

And here’s a wholly unnecessary shot of Taquito.
95dccf7bc94df44f719e531285e15dfd.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my iPhone 8 naked since I received it on Friday but I do find the device to be slippery with the glass back and have almost dropped it a couple of times. I will eventually being putting my Apple OEM leather case on it which should solve the issue.

HozayB

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I had an extra front screen protector so I slapped that on Friday. I ordered a glass back protector and already put that on. I think that's it for me, maybe get a bumper but I'm not going to put a case on this.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I saw on another forum where one person had dropped his phone from a couch onto a tile floor. The back was shattered along the top.
Not risking it. Especially so after seeing that picture.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I’m kinda caseless... I’ve got a sleeve for mine for when it’s in pockets / not in use. It’s a FitBag made of Alcantara leather, made in Germany, bought from Amazon (UK). It’s a really nice thing. 72EF3BDD-3C97-4D81-B178-58AA0E7CD867.jpeg It was only listed for iPhone 6 and 7 but fits the 8 just fine

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I really wish somewhere closer to me had official Apple cases. I’m deutan color blind so I’d like to see the cases in person.

Same! I have color vision deficiency but not terrible. I like seeing stuff that isn't black or gray in person before I buy it. Pastels are murder to me.

KrisYYC

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I really wish somewhere closer to me had official Apple cases. I’m deutan color blind so I’d like to see the cases in person.

I agree. To be honest I wasn't really considering the Apple cases after viewing them online, but when I had to go back to the Apple store to get my receipt printed (I never got the email receipt after purchasing the phone) I decided to browse the cases. Seeing them in person made a huge difference!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I love the Apple leather cases. I’ve never used them consistently, I generally used stronger cases such as Speck, until I got it for my work iPhone and loved it.
LOVE them now that I’m using them consistently.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
A week later and my 8 Plus is still as naked as the day she was manufactured. I'm earnestly shopping for a case though. For sketchy situations.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Do you use tempered glass screen protector on your device?

Occasionally! 7 Plus has one.

8 Plus had one as I thought I'd found a case I preferred for it, but the case looked horrible on the gold.

I'm going to give it a few more days and probably go ahead with AC+

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course, I have not put my beautiful white/silver iPhone 8 in a protective casing. People who’ve seen it and do not know me have asked why haven’t been put it in a case? They all say that they would be scared to death to not have it in a case. I tell them that’s why I get Apple Care +, just in case. Anyway, holding this phone with the glass backing doesn’t feel slippery at all. The weight of the device feels great, in my opinion...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Of course, I have not put my beautiful white/silver iPhone 8 in a protective casing. People who’ve seen it and do not know me have asked why haven’t been put it in a case? They all say that they would be scared to death to not have it in a case. I tell them that’s why I get Apple Care +, just in case. Anyway, holding this phone with the glass backing doesn’t feel slippery at all. The weight of the device feels great, in my opinion...

I’m surprised you didn’t go plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m surprised you didn’t go plus.

Don’t forget that I considered going with the non-Plus model last year, but changed my mind at the last minute. This year, however, it was a non-issue, and although I miss the larger screen “just a little”, I don’t regret getting the non-Plus size at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Don’t forget that I considered going with the non-Plus model last year, but changed my mind at the last minute. This year, however, it was a non-issue, and although I miss the larger screen “just a little”, I don’t regret getting the non-Plus size at all.

Yeah I remember. I’ll tell you 2 things why you may want to consider. This camera is amazing. There are just some things as you know that you can do with that single lense. The battery is out of this world. I’ve never seen battery like this ever. This is from yesterday.
ee5200645ef465b20ede0f75d5c7fb43.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2