Belkin Boostup Wireless charging pad...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine still does it on 11.0.3

Do you talk about the quick tone when you drop the iPhone on the charging pad ?

If so I got Belkin pad iOS 11.0.3 and I got the tone on my iPhone 8.

Check the mute bouton over the volume bouton.
If it’s red there will be no tone .

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

This is true. I have my iPhone 8 on vibrate most of the time and when I put it on my Morphie charger, it vibrates and the charge icon comes on screen. My Morphie Charger doesn’t work with my first plastic case, but with my Apple silicone case it works fine.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

No i mean it comes on when on the charger.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
As an update on my wireless charging with the mophie charger, mine too sounds the reconnect tone every now and then - enough so that I am leery to put it on a pad at night because it would wake me up. I realize I could turn the phone to vibrate which would silence it, but then calls from my Favorites list, which I use for emergencies, would not ring.

That said - I really think it and the Belkin are sensitive to where the phone is placed on the pad. Sometimes the phone can be on the pad for hours with no tone, other times the phone tones/connects twice in a minute. Not sure exactly where the coil is, I think placing it about 1/4" 'high' on the pad is the best place and it won't tone. But I am still playing with it, and wondering if it is a bug or a weakness in house power (for everyone it seems - if you google this issue a little, you will find android phones have tons of issues with this and worse over the years they have had wireless charging.)

So I can live with it - and it's really convenient for keeping the battery charged!

PS - this article speaks of a Ive's possible future for the iPhone with an eventual 'single sheet of glass'. Part of that vision is not plugging stuff into the phone. I have not plugged anything into my 8 for weeks now, as I get all the charging done by wireless; I have bluetooth ear buds; and I do periodic encrypted backups to iTunes via WiFi. The future is here, don't even need the iPhone lightning connector now maybe.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
To update, I updated my 8 to iOS 11.1 on Tuesday, and I have been using the Mophie Qi charging pad pretty steadily since then, about 4 days. At this point, I have not had the annoying tone-reconnect thing happen ONCE! I have used it on three different outlets at two locations too. So it seems clear now this was an iOS bug or needed optimization. It's working so great now!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods