Belkin Boostup Wireless charging pad...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Where ? Can u post a picture ?

The second I posted it, I knew what the next question would be. :)

76d47050a261d935922ef1b5bd9a5b31.jpg

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have two of the Mophies and it works great. Agree that the placement of the light is good and not annoying on the nightstand at night.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I too have the Mophie, I am very happy with it. I have to watch it more closely, as I never look at the pad when I first put my iPhone on it, but I think the light changes color when it is charged - it's kinda blue at first then when at 100% it is green.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post - I wanted to add some to the post, this forum software is the WORST:

I too have the Mophie, I am very happy with it. I have to watch it more closely, as I never look at the pad when I first put my iPhone on it, but I think the light changes color when it is charged - it's kinda blue at first then when at 100% it is green. I looked at both in the store, the Belkin felt like a small frisbee, the Mophie has a very substantial rubbery feel to it that the phone will be nice and secure resting on it. Plus, if you need the battery pack case which is now out for the 8 and 8+, it is made by Mophie and they guarantee the battery pack, which is thicker, still works with their charger.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope/wish someone (Apple, Mophie) would fix this intermittent tone from being reconnected to power that occurs when using the charging pad. As a test I had my 8 on the charging pad all day yesterday, it never happened. I had it on a charging pad overnight, and sure enough it chirped once in the middle of the night - aggravating. I can't turn the tone down because then I won't hear emergency phone calls from family. My only other choice appears to be not to use a charging pad at night.

I do think it is sensitive to how it's placed on the pad - if placed "correct", it never reconnects, if it's off just a bit, even though it connects at first, it reconnects. This is just a theory that could be incorrect too - as it only chirped once last night as far as I know, and the device did not move on the charge pad.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope/wish someone (Apple, Mophie) would fix this intermittent tone from being reconnected to power that occurs when using the charging pad. As a test I had my 8 on the charging pad all day yesterday, it never happened. I had it on a charging pad overnight, and sure enough it chirped once in the middle of the night - aggravating. I can't turn the tone down because then I won't hear emergency phone calls from family. My only other choice appears to be not to use a charging pad at night.

I do think it is sensitive to how it's placed on the pad - if placed "correct", it never reconnects, if it's off just a bit, even though it connects at first, it reconnects. This is just a theory that could be incorrect too - as it only chirped once last night as far as I know, and the device did not move on the charge pad.

Does the charger is near your bed ?
Make sure that the charger cannot be affected by your mouvements during the night. Also if you have a cat or a dog, make sure they can’t come near it...
I have the Belkin charger and didn’t had this problem.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it's on a table by itself across the room, and we have no pets (well a fish downstairs lol).

Go to Apple Store and change it for the Belkin charger !

Or

Better check that fish... you sure there no trace of water in the stair...

Last edited:

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well it's been 24 hours of using the charging pad, once 11.0.2 was installed, and no tones! So this may have been an iOS bug. As others have posted on this problem here both both charging pads sold by Apple, post here if you have a tone since updating to 11.0.2. Maybe it's fixed...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Done some mesure.
Put my iPhone 8 on the Belkin wireless pad at 30% battery.
One hour later it’s at 63%.

33% by hour charge with the 5 Watts actual wattage.
So if iPhone is dead 0% it’s 3 hours for a full charge.

When Apple activate the 7.5 watts charge later this year.
We should be ok for a full charge between 1 or 2 hours max depending of the starting battery % level...

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Well it's been 24 hours of using the charging pad, once 11.0.2 was installed, and no tones! So this may have been an iOS bug. As others have posted on this problem here both both charging pads sold by Apple, post here if you have a tone since updating to 11.0.2. Maybe it's fixed...

Mine still does it on 11.0.3

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Done some mesure.
Put my iPhone 8 on the Belkin wireless pad at 30% battery.
One hour later it’s at 63%.

33% by hour charge with the 5 Watts actual wattage.
So if iPhone is dead 0% it’s 3 hours for a full charge.

When Apple activate the 7.5 watts charge later this year.
We should be ok for a full charge between 1 or 2 hours max depending of the starting battery % level...

Interesting.
I’m thinking of picking up the Mophie.
Is 7.5W “fast” wireless charging?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2