How fast is the wireless charging on the 8/8Plus?
    I wish I could answer that. I've only charged mine over night. Never needed to during the day.
    09-27-2017 01:09 AM
    I have two of the Mophies and it works great. Agree that the placement of the light is good and not annoying on the nightstand at night.
    09-28-2017 09:56 AM
    I too have the Mophie, I am very happy with it. I have to watch it more closely, as I never look at the pad when I first put my iPhone on it, but I think the light changes color when it is charged - it's kinda blue at first then when at 100% it is green.
    09-29-2017 04:27 PM
    Sorry for the double post - I wanted to add some to the post, this forum software is the WORST:

I too have the Mophie, I am very happy with it. I have to watch it more closely, as I never look at the pad when I first put my iPhone on it, but I think the light changes color when it is charged - it's kinda blue at first then when at 100% it is green. I looked at both in the store, the Belkin felt like a small frisbee, the Mophie has a very substantial rubbery feel to it that the phone will be nice and secure resting on it. Plus, if you need the battery pack case which is now out for the 8 and 8+, it is made by Mophie and they guarantee the battery pack, which is thicker, still works with their charger.
    09-29-2017 04:29 PM
    Sorry for the double post - I wanted to add some to the post, this forum software is the WORST:

What “forum software” are you referring to?
    09-29-2017 05:43 PM
    Make iPhone 5 and later use Qi wireless charger pad !
    Pretty cool !

http://9to5mac.com/2017/09/28/how-to...ne-wirelessly/

09-30-2017 11:27 AM
    I hope/wish someone (Apple, Mophie) would fix this intermittent tone from being reconnected to power that occurs when using the charging pad. As a test I had my 8 on the charging pad all day yesterday, it never happened. I had it on a charging pad overnight, and sure enough it chirped once in the middle of the night - aggravating. I can't turn the tone down because then I won't hear emergency phone calls from family. My only other choice appears to be not to use a charging pad at night.

I do think it is sensitive to how it's placed on the pad - if placed "correct", it never reconnects, if it's off just a bit, even though it connects at first, it reconnects. This is just a theory that could be incorrect too - as it only chirped once last night as far as I know, and the device did not move on the charge pad.
    10-03-2017 07:21 AM
    I hope/wish someone (Apple, Mophie) would fix this intermittent tone from being reconnected to power that occurs when using the charging pad. As a test I had my 8 on the charging pad all day yesterday, it never happened. I had it on a charging pad overnight, and sure enough it chirped once in the middle of the night - aggravating. I can't turn the tone down because then I won't hear emergency phone calls from family. My only other choice appears to be not to use a charging pad at night.

I do think it is sensitive to how it's placed on the pad - if placed "correct", it never reconnects, if it's off just a bit, even though it connects at first, it reconnects. This is just a theory that could be incorrect too - as it only chirped once last night as far as I know, and the device did not move on the charge pad.
    Does the charger is near your bed ?
    Make sure that the charger cannot be affected by your mouvements during the night. Also if you have a cat or a dog, make sure they can’t come near it...
    I have the Belkin charger and didn’t had this problem.
    10-03-2017 12:27 PM
    Thanks, it's on a table by itself across the room, and we have no pets (well a fish downstairs lol).
    10-03-2017 12:37 PM
    I am using this dock and it works great and does not heat up anymore than when using the cable.

https://smile.amazon.com/Seneo-Wirel...reless+charger
    10-03-2017 12:57 PM
    Thanks, it's on a table by itself across the room, and we have no pets (well a fish downstairs lol).
    Go to Apple Store and change it for the Belkin charger !

Or

Better check that fish... you sure there no trace of water in the stair...
    Last edited by Donkichot; 10-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    10-03-2017 12:59 PM
    Well it's been 24 hours of using the charging pad, once 11.0.2 was installed, and no tones! So this may have been an iOS bug. As others have posted on this problem here both both charging pads sold by Apple, post here if you have a tone since updating to 11.0.2. Maybe it's fixed...
    10-04-2017 01:30 PM
    Done some mesure.
    Put my iPhone 8 on the Belkin wireless pad at 30% battery.
    One hour later it’s at 63%.

33% by hour charge with the 5 Watts actual wattage.
    So if iPhone is dead 0% it’s 3 hours for a full charge.

When Apple activate the 7.5 watts charge later this year.
    We should be ok for a full charge between 1 or 2 hours max depending of the starting battery % level...
    10-07-2017 11:25 AM
    Well it's been 24 hours of using the charging pad, once 11.0.2 was installed, and no tones! So this may have been an iOS bug. As others have posted on this problem here both both charging pads sold by Apple, post here if you have a tone since updating to 11.0.2. Maybe it's fixed...
    Mine still does it on 11.0.3
    10-20-2017 06:12 PM
    Done some mesure.
    Put my iPhone 8 on the Belkin wireless pad at 30% battery.
    One hour later it’s at 63%.

33% by hour charge with the 5 Watts actual wattage.
    So if iPhone is dead 0% it’s 3 hours for a full charge.

When Apple activate the 7.5 watts charge later this year.
    We should be ok for a full charge between 1 or 2 hours max depending of the starting battery % level...
    Interesting.
    I’m thinking of picking up the Mophie.
    Is 7.5W “fast” wireless charging?
    10-20-2017 09:34 PM
    Mine still does it on 11.0.3
    Do you talk about the quick tone when you drop the iPhone on the charging pad ?

If so I got Belkin pad iOS 11.0.3 and I got the tone on my iPhone 8.

Check the mute bouton over the volume bouton.
    If it’s red there will be no tone .
    10-21-2017 09:16 AM
    Interesting.
    I’m thinking of picking up the Mophie.
    Is 7.5W “fast” wireless charging?
    That is what Apple is saying about 7.5W...
    They will activate it on iPhone 8 and 8+ before the end of the year.
    10-21-2017 09:33 AM

This is true. I have my iPhone 8 on vibrate most of the time and when I put it on my Morphie charger, it vibrates and the charge icon comes on screen. My Morphie Charger doesn’t work with my first plastic case, but with my Apple silicone case it works fine.
    10-21-2017 09:36 AM

No i mean it comes on when on the charger.
    10-21-2017 04:01 PM
    That is what Apple is saying about 7.5W...
    They will activate it on iPhone 8 and 8+ before the end of the year.
    Awesome!
    10-22-2017 06:55 PM
    As an update on my wireless charging with the mophie charger, mine too sounds the reconnect tone every now and then - enough so that I am leery to put it on a pad at night because it would wake me up. I realize I could turn the phone to vibrate which would silence it, but then calls from my Favorites list, which I use for emergencies, would not ring.

That said - I really think it and the Belkin are sensitive to where the phone is placed on the pad. Sometimes the phone can be on the pad for hours with no tone, other times the phone tones/connects twice in a minute. Not sure exactly where the coil is, I think placing it about 1/4" 'high' on the pad is the best place and it won't tone. But I am still playing with it, and wondering if it is a bug or a weakness in house power (for everyone it seems - if you google this issue a little, you will find android phones have tons of issues with this and worse over the years they have had wireless charging.)

So I can live with it - and it's really convenient for keeping the battery charged!

PS - this article speaks of a Ive's possible future for the iPhone with an eventual 'single sheet of glass'. Part of that vision is not plugging stuff into the phone. I have not plugged anything into my 8 for weeks now, as I get all the charging done by wireless; I have bluetooth ear buds; and I do periodic encrypted backups to iTunes via WiFi. The future is here, don't even need the iPhone lightning connector now maybe.
    10-22-2017 07:11 PM
    To update, I updated my 8 to iOS 11.1 on Tuesday, and I have been using the Mophie Qi charging pad pretty steadily since then, about 4 days. At this point, I have not had the annoying tone-reconnect thing happen ONCE! I have used it on three different outlets at two locations too. So it seems clear now this was an iOS bug or needed optimization. It's working so great now!
    11-04-2017 09:44 AM
    I bought two of the Mophie wireless charging base.
    It looks great and works perfectly.
    11-04-2017 04:52 PM
48 12