What Wireless Chargers are you Getting?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m waiting till I get one of the iPhones that come out next year.
Regardless of which one, I will definitely get 3 wireless chargers, to use in and around my house

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Subscribing to this thread because I'm wondering the same thing! I am also wondering about what cases to use with a wireless charger. I contacted Otterbox, and they say that all of their cases "should" work with a wireless charger. I'm leaning towards the Otterbox Symmetry because there is a clear one available.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I will get the Belkin one at my Apple Store.
It will get fast charging later this year.
But I can sadly confirm that it will not charge the Apple Watch...

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I will get the Belkin one at my Apple Store.
It will get fast charging later this year.
But I can sadly confirm that it will not charge the Apple Watch...

Might want to check out this link - the belkin charger is available through google express for 30 bucks each, plus a 20% coupon if you've never used Google Express before. I bought two belkin chargers for 52 bucks shipped to my door. Supposed to arrive tomorrow too!

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...d%3DCIPlqIiMt9YCFVMyaQodIIwFmA&token=gl02fFlS

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Might want to check out this link - the belkin charger is available through google express for 30 bucks each, plus a 20% coupon if you've never used Google Express before. I bought two belkin chargers for 52 bucks shipped to my door. Supposed to arrive tomorrow too!

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...d%3DCIPlqIiMt9YCFVMyaQodIIwFmA&token=10dru3y-

Fyi, this is not a fast charger, max 5W with 2A charger.

I will be buying Samsung fast charger from best buy, that one is 10W and comes with quick charge 3.0 charger. Plus it's a way better brand than Belkin or mophie

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I will be buying Samsung fast charger from best buy, that one is 10W and comes with quick charge 3.0 charger. Plus it's a way better brand than Belkin or mophie

I thought the only way to get the fast charge was via usb-c cable

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up, but I am aware that isn't the fast charger. Most of the time I put my phone on the charger when I go to bed and pick it up in the morning, so it will have plenty of time. Any other situation and I will probably just plug it in.

There is something wrong about putting your iPhone on a Samsung charger anyway :D

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I thought the only way to get the fast charge was via usb-c cable

That's is true for wired fast charger, I'll have to use a USB C cable with my MacBook pro charger to get fast charge at 61W

There re multiple wireless charging speeds under Qi standard. Standard ones max out at 5W, gen one fast chargers give you about 7-7.5W, but quick charge 3.0 chargers go up to 10W for wireless charger. But iPhones are capped at 7.5 W from Apple.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am so confused with these wireless chargers. I need one that won’t break the bank. All tolled I would want like 6-8 of them for myself and my husband between Home and work. Most of the $20 ones don’t seem to have the cord and the charging brick.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am so confused with these wireless chargers. I need one that won’t break the bank. All tolled I would want like 6-8 of them for myself and my husband between Home and work. Most of the $20 ones don’t seem to have the cord and the charging brick.

That is true, most of them on Amazon don't even come with charger, they expect you to use your phone charger. But iphones crappy 1A charger that comes with the phone is useless. Almost all wireless chargers require a minimum of 2A or quick charge 2.0/3.0 bricks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73