I couldn't disagree more. I think this is just what Apple needed to do. After four years of the same design, it was definitely time for a drastic change. I also understand everyone has an opinion on the X, but are we looking at the same iPhone X. That iPhone in the middle is BEAUTIFUL ...
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f45f05b48b.jpg
    Looking at that form factor that is slightly larger than the 4.7” with a 5.5” screen is why I’m holding out until 10/27 lol
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-17-2017 12:56 PM
    I disagree slightly. While it may make sense not to upset the apple cart (no pun intended) by keeping design close, a tech company needs to be bold. The speed of change within technology is blisteringly fast. Think about when the iPhone first launched. It was truly a paradigm shift. Not only for communication, but it changed other industries including music and photography forever. That's bold and that's what people think of when they think of Apple.

Cook plays it safe and I get that for business reasons. However, I was happier to see the direction that they're going with the X. They are at least trying something new, which demands to be done! The 8/8+...meh.
    09-17-2017 01:45 PM
    Let’s get real for a moment. Every year, in regard to the iPhone, various people complain that not much has changed from the previous year. Although the statement is true, that is how it is suppose to be. If a company is uber successful in selling a particular smartphone every year like Apple is, it is not going to radically alter their best selling product year in and year out. That wouldn’t be smart because doing so could risk alienating their customer base. Instead, it provides incremental upgrades typically in the form of an updated iOS version and some better specs. Why? Because it understands that almost everyone looks forward to something “new”, but few are accepting of change. Do you agree or disagree? Either way, state your opinion below....
    Regarding the 8/8+. yes they won't change dramatically year in and year out, but apple has been using the same design for 4 years now, so people have a right to complain about the 8/8+
    Spencerdl, bchain996 and mbar9607 like this.
    09-17-2017 02:19 PM
    Looking at that form factor that is slightly larger than the 4.7” with a 5.5” screen is why I’m holding out until 10/27 lol
    5.8"
    09-17-2017 02:25 PM
    5.8"
    That’s even better! Lol
    09-17-2017 03:01 PM
    My interest in the iPhone X is solely with the edge to edge display, but like you, I do not like that notch at the top of it. I would have preferred the items therein blend in with the screen.
    That notch is why I'm torn between the X and the 8 Plus. To say it's ugly is giving it a compliment.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-17-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    anon(427874) likes this.
    09-17-2017 03:02 PM
    That notch is why I'm torn between the X and the 8 Plus. To say it's ugly is giving it a compliment.
    I will notch let that stop me
    09-17-2017 03:03 PM
    I will notch let that stop me
    Why's that?
    09-17-2017 03:09 PM
    People whine if it changes.
    People whine if it’s similar.
    09-17-2017 03:13 PM
    People whine if it changes.
    People whine if it’s similar.
    LOL..So TRUE....TRUE STORY🤣🤣
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-17-2017 03:25 PM
    To "notch" or "not to notch" ...That is the question... LOL...
    In my opinion it would look like an Android device...
    09-17-2017 03:27 PM
    Regarding the 8/8+. yes they won't change dramatically year in and year out, but apple has been using the same design for 4 years now, so people have a right to complain about the 8/8+
    It’s okay to complain, but at least understand that there’s a rationale to why things are done in the manner that they are.
    09-17-2017 04:15 PM
    I agree. That notch reminds me of dating a very attractive person with a huge zit on the tip of their nose. You cannot help but look at it when you're trying to enjoy everything else.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-17-2017 04:19 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea293e08bc.jpg
    The one without the notch looks so much better.
    09-17-2017 04:20 PM
    a tech company needs to be bold. The speed of change within technology is blisteringly fast
    I agree with this. It's not good to keep doing minimal changes every year when technology advances so rapidly.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-17-2017 04:21 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea293e08bc.jpg
    Specifications the Morotola Drpid RAZR M
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-17-2017 04:30 PM
    I agree. That notch reminds me of dating a very attractive person with a huge zit on the tip of their nose. You cannot help but look at it when you're trying to enjoy everything else.
    Agreed
    09-17-2017 04:31 PM
    It’s okay to complain, but at least understand that there’s a rationale to why things are done in the manner that they are.
    1. I'm not complaining at all
    2. Apple is just being lazy to use the same design 4 years in a row.
    3. IF any android OEM even does something similar for 2 years the apple die hards jump all over them (especially this sites own rene, just look at his samsung articles).
    09-17-2017 04:43 PM
    3. IF any android OEM even does something similar for 2 years the apple die hards jump all over them (especially this sites own rene, just look at his samsung articles).
    Exactly! Imagine if an Android used the same design for four generations how the apple fanbois world bash it.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    09-17-2017 04:51 PM
    LOL. Great analogy, but I still would prefer the nose zit over a big forehead (HUGE bezels).... LOL
    nikkisharif and Tartarus like this.
    09-17-2017 05:17 PM
    LOL. Great analogy, but I still would prefer the nose zit over a big forehead (HUGE bezels).... LOL
    This is true.

But in the picture you posted above, I think a little bit of bezel is better than a notch. Opinions vary, of course.
    09-17-2017 05:20 PM
    If I had never seen the brouhaha over the "notch", I would never have thought anything about it. I think it looks fine. Seems nitpicky to me.
    09-17-2017 05:35 PM
    1. I'm not complaining at all
    Oh, I didn’t mean “you”. I was speaking in general terms. As for Apple being lazy, you could be right, but also, if the same design is selling the same or better than the previous year’s model, it’s smart for them to keep the design going, in my opinion. As for point 3, I pay little attention to what other manufacturers do with their products, and I’m definitely not going to waste my time putting someone down for choosing a product they like.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-17-2017 05:35 PM
    I agree, most people (especially technology ) hate radical change, maybe that's why the 8, 8 plus and X
    09-17-2017 06:07 PM
    I really think everyone is making a huge deal about the notch. For most everything it won’t in the way, it’ll only be in the way of videos if you make it go in the way. Sure it’s bigger than Essential’s, but it also does a lot more than Essential’s single camera.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-17-2017 06:15 PM
78 1234