I'm excited about the wireless charging in both the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, however, I'm concerned about the durability. I normally but a case to wrap the phone in to prevent damage due to dropping. It seems like any case purchased and wrapped around the iPhone would potentially block wireless charging. So is there any consensus on exactly how durable the new glass is on these new models, and or, is there a type of case that could be purchased that would not inhibit wireless charging capabilities. I know I can't be the only one with these concerns.
    09-14-2017 12:35 PM
    It depends on the material used on the case. Most cases should still work just fine with wireless charging. From my past experience with Samsung devices, a case that’s too thick will not enable wireless charging to work.
    09-14-2017 07:45 PM
    Apple’s new leather Folio Case is an example of a case specifically designed to allow wireless charging with the case.
    And don’t be surprised if some case manufacturers start promoting their cases with ‘works with wireless charging with the iPhone X’.
    09-14-2017 07:52 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. There will be a Plethora of cases ...Trust me...LOL. Enjoy the site.
    09-14-2017 07:56 PM