Official: iPhone 8 Pre-Order / Waiting Room

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Count me in among those who pre-ordered the new iPhone 8 via the Apple Store app. It was a breeze. Does anyone want to bet whether or not I’ll also get the iPhone X?....

Count me in as well Space Grey 256GB iPhone 8. Since I carry 2 devices, I decided to go with the 8. It was so much easier back when I carried & 6 & 6 plus, so I decided to go that route again. I'll still be upgrading my primary device to the X. I'm pretty excited

BTW...I think you'll cave and get the X too

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Count me in as well Space Grey 256GB iPhone 8. Since I carry 2 devices, I decided to go with the 8. It was so much easier back when I carried & 6 & 6 plus, so I decided to go that route again. I'll still be upgrading my primary device to the X. I'm pretty excited

BTW...I think you'll cave and get the X too

Very nice, but you’re suppose to talk me out of getting the iPhone X........I’m hoping I’ll enjoy my iPhone 8 so much that by the time pre-ordering rolls around for the iPhone X, I won’t even think about it. We’ll see.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I think the AR game demo in the keynote helped sell it to me; that looks really cool!

I know that from my iPhone 6 I gain a whole series of little extras too...
3D Touch, 3 years of camera improvements (including RAW support which as a DSLR nerd is big to me), raise to wake, Hey Siri (without being connected to power) and probably others too - none of which I think are individually worth it, but as a whole really add up.

I think it's easy to look at the X and think the 8 is the poor relation but the other way to look at it is the 8 is the pinnacle of that design of iPhone and in terms of bang-for-buck it's a really great deal

It definitely is!
The Touch ID is way more accurate, stereo speaker is amazing, and the new taptic engine is unbelievable.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Very nice, but you’re suppose to talk me out of getting the iPhone X........I’m hoping I’ll enjoy my iPhone 8 so much that by the time pre-ordering rolls around for the iPhone X, I won’t even think about it. We’ll see.

Heck, I couldn't even talk myself out of getting the 8 You might just shock yourself & keep the 8. I think so many of us are on the fence..Oct. 27 can't come soon enough lol.

Getting the X will be bittersweet because I'm really looking forward to a smaller form factor & no home button, but I'll miss the jet black of my 7 Plus. I really wish they would have kept that color.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

I skipped the 8. The tech-nerd inside me is having a little bit of anxiety watching/hearing/reading about everyone ordering their new phones, but I know for certain I would be very upset with myself for getting the 8 when preorders for the X come around. I just need to sit and watch everyone have fun with their 8’s and patiently wait for my X preorder. Just hoping there’s not a huge backorder right out of the gates.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I skipped the 8. The tech-nerd inside me is having a little bit of anxiety watching/hearing/reading about everyone ordering their new phones, but I know for certain I would be very upset with myself for getting the 8 when preorders for the X come around. I just need to sit and watch everyone have fun with their 8’s and patiently wait for my X preorder. Just hoping there’s not a huge backorder right out of the gates.

That’s what I’m feeling too.. I know it’s going to be chaotic during the X preorder. Oh well.. I might not get it until early 2018

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That’s what I’m feeling too.. I know it’s going to be chaotic during the X preorder. Oh well.. I might not get it until early 2018

I definitely understand, and as I’ve stated in a different thread or two, my only real interest in the iPhone X is the edge to edge display. The other items are not important enough “for me” over the iPhone 8. If I opt to get it, I’ll make use of everything it offers like I do with every iPhone I get, however, if I don’t get it, I really don’t think it’ll bother me. Besides, I could always get it later, right?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You’ll most likely just end up with an 8 Plus after all is said and done.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You’ll most likely just end up with an 8 Plus after all is said and done.

(Laughing).... Seriously, the Plus model is not in the cards for me. In fact, the Plus model wasn’t even a consideration this time around and I am not going to change my mind about it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
8 preordered on Sprint. Sept 20-Oct 7. 256 SG. Excited. Will be getting the X for my wife later. She will enjoy the camera(s).

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Count me in among those who pre-ordered the new iPhone 8 via the Apple Store app. It was a breeze. Does anyone want to bet whether or not I’ll also get the iPhone X?....

I preordered the 8 as well. I'm def getting the X too though. I have JoD. Needed a new phone right away. Gonna use the 8 until I can get my hands on the iPhone I truly want, the X in Space Grey.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mine has changed to shipped on T-Mo's site, and it's showing up in MyUPS with a delivery date of Friday. I changed mine to pick up at UPS, so Friday morning between 9 and 10 I'll be the owner of a new iPhone 8 Space Grey.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine has changed to shipped on T-Mo's site, and it's showing up in MyUPS with a delivery date of Friday. I changed mine to pick up at UPS, so Friday morning between 9 and 10 I'll be the owner of a new iPhone 8 Space Grey.

Congrats, I don't think anyone on AT&T's site has a tracking number yet.. we're all in preparing to ship. Glad T-Mo.. got you a #. Enjoy your 8 :)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Congrats, I don't think anyone on AT&T's site has a tracking number yet.. we're all in preparing to ship. Glad T-Mo.. got you a #. Enjoy your 8 :)

Does AT&T use FedEx or UPS? I can't remember from when I had them. I think it's UPS though. You should be able to see it with FedEx Delivery Manager or UPS MY Choice. My stuff always shows up on those before I get anything from TMo

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does AT&T use FedEx or UPS? I can't remember from when I had them. I think it's UPS though. You should be able to see it with FedEx Delivery Manager or UPS MY Choice. My stuff always shows up on those before I get anything from TMo

AT&T uses UPS. But sadly I can't use My Choice UPS as it won't let me enter my new home address.. as UPS for some reason had classified our 200+ home community as "Commercial" and I fighting with them now to change that classification. I have even sent them photos of actual homes.. see.. houses.. NOT businesses.. it's a home community. So long story short(er) I can't see it on My Choice as I can't change my address.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
AT&T uses UPS. But sadly I can't use My Choice UPS as it won't let me enter my new home address.. as UPS for some reason had classified our 200+ home community as "Commercial" and I fighting with them now to change that classification. I have even sent them photos of actual homes.. see.. houses.. NOT businesses.. it's a home community. So long story short(er) I can't see it on My Choice as I can't change my address.

Agh! That sucks! Hopefully AT&T will send you tracking soon.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Anyone ones iPhone In Harrisburg PA still mine show package instransit to a ups facility Harrisburg PA since Sunday will it update tommorw

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner