Official: iPhone 8 Pre-Order / Waiting Room

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered iPhone 8 plus 256GB God for one of my lines with estimated delivery of 9/22/17, I figured most people will be running after 64GB. and will be waiting for iPhone X 256GB for my other phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Count me in among those who pre-ordered the new iPhone 8 via the Apple Store app. It was a breeze. Does anyone want to bet whether or not I’ll also get the iPhone X?....

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
No particular reason for my upgrade. I wanted to wait for a good deal around the holidays but to hell with that.
I pre ordered on the Verizon app and I thought it said ship day is the 22nd but when I spoke to a Verizon rep she said ship day is the 29th. She also said, when I specifically asked, that she hasn't seen a lot of orders for the 256gb space grey ip8 and that I could get mine on the 22nd. I also checked on Apple.com and my ip8 still says ships the 22nd. So I am thinking/hoping I will receive it the 22nd. We will find out.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Count me in among those who pre-ordered the new iPhone 8 via the Apple Store app. It was a breeze. Does anyone want to bet whether or not I’ll also get the iPhone X?....

I think you will 🤣
I’m tempted to get the 8, but I know I’ll want the X once it’s out.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Phones are still plentiful in all 12 stores in the Boston area. Sept 22 pick for all but the SG 256GB 8 Plus...that one is delivery between Sept 25 & Oct 2.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 8+, Space Gray, 64gb
Ah yes...coming on the 22nd

The 10 looked nice, quite expensive. My iPhone 8+ with Apple Care still cost less than the 10. I also prefer TouchID over FaceID. Yes, that's part of the determine factor as well.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Noticing in-store pickup for the 22nd still available for almost every variant in case anyone wanted to do that.

Wow thank you BreakinKayfabe, I totally spaced last nights pre-order out until just now! So I’ll get my 8+ on Sept 22 after work ...

For some dork reason, I thought tonight at midnight
ed4cf4c0ab13c4e1a1c4ff08fae425ca.jpg

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I thought a lot about whether to keep my iPhone 6 for another 12 months in the hope that there's some trickle-down from the X into the less expensive models but decided in the end that the 8 is still a pretty good upgrade for me. The edge-to-edge screen is nice but some of it surrounds the notch, some of it is lost to the rounded corners and therefore it's not as big a gain as it is seems (and the standard iPhone screen is pretty good anyway). I'm not against FaceID but it doesn't seem worth paying extra for over TouchID, so missing those features won't make me sad.

In short though, I've ordered a space grey 64Gb regular iPhone 8 also due on launch day. I'd have gone with 128Gb (for perhaps 779?) if it had been an option but not prepared to pay the extra for 256.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought a lot about whether to keep my iPhone 6 for another 12 months in the hope that there's some trickle-down from the X into the less expensive models but decided in the end that the 8 is still a pretty good upgrade for me. The edge-to-edge screen is nice but some of it surrounds the notch, some of it is lost to the rounded corners and therefore it's not as big a gain as it is seems (and the standard iPhone screen is pretty good anyway). I'm not against FaceID but it doesn't seem worth paying extra for over TouchID, so missing those features won't make me sad.

In short though, I've ordered a space grey 64Gb regular iPhone 8 also due on launch day. I'd have gone with 128Gb (for perhaps 779?) if it had been an option but not prepared to pay the extra for 256.

Congratulations!
You’ll be amazed with the speed bump, thanks to the A11.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations!

Thanks! I think the AR game demo in the keynote helped sell it to me; that looks really cool!

I know that from my iPhone 6 I gain a whole series of little extras too...
3D Touch, 3 years of camera improvements (including RAW support which as a DSLR nerd is big to me), raise to wake, Hey Siri (without being connected to power) and probably others too - none of which I think are individually worth it, but as a whole really add up.

I think it's easy to look at the X and think the 8 is the poor relation but the other way to look at it is the 8 is the pinnacle of that design of iPhone and in terms of bang-for-buck it's a really great deal

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations!

Thanks! I think the AR game demo in the keynote helped sell it to me; that looks really cool!

I know that from my iPhone 6 I gain a whole series of little extras too...
3D Touch, 3 years of camera improvements (including RAW support which as a DSLR nerd is big to me), raise to wake, Hey Siri (without being connected to power) and probably others too - none of which I think are individually worth it, but as a whole really add up.

I think it's easy to look at the X and think the 8 is the poor relation but the other way to look at it is the 8 is the pinnacle of that design of iPhone and in terms of bang-for-buck it's a really great deal

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I’ve got to wait as I want to join the upgrade program but at the moment you can only book an appt for the 22nd when my wife and I will be in NYC for our honeymoon.... on the plus side we get to see a launch in a major city

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh