Face ID FAIL during keynote....will iPhone X be reliable?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
During the keynote, It was kinda funny that the presenter's state of the art Face ID didn't respond during demo, and he had to switch to his backup iPhone.
Are you guys still going for the iPhone X or sticking to the models with touch ID. Plus X now that we know it's not "starting" to ship till November?

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I really wonder how this Face ID will work in dark environments.. if it struggles then you'll have a lot of upset buyers. I'm still a skeptic.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that too, I also think it's going to be an issue if your in your vehicle and want to make a call with your device and are going to have to look at the device to unlock it? I see some major accidents happening. Even though your not suppose to text or use your device while you drive, many folks do, sad to say.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the whole point of that ‘fail’ was to subtly point out that it’s not without its hiccups.

IMHO it was just their version of a disclaimer to expect some difficulties with Face ID.

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Apple just failed to have the phone unlocked first. It required passcode like TouchID does every now and again.

I guess if you go back to the iPhone 5S did it fail during that live presentation? I don't think so. Again, if this happens fairly often it'll be unacceptable. To me, the idea of constantly holding the phone up to/or close to your face just to unlock it instead of resting your finger on a button seems a bit backwards Imo.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess if you go back to the iPhone 5S did it fail during that live presentation? I don't think so. Again, if this happens fairly often it'll be unacceptable. To me, the idea of constantly holding the phone up to/or close to your face just to unlock it instead of resting your finger on a button seems a bit backwards Imo.

Again, just required passcode to unlock like TouchID does every now and then. Apple just failed to be sure the phone was ready for the presentation, but FaceID did work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Face ID didn't fail. It worked as its supposed to. The keypad said, "Your Passcode is required to enable Face ID ". It only says that if the phone hasn't been opened in 48 hours, or if there's been 6 unsuccessful tries. And I don't think there were 6 unsuccessful tries. Just guessing here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2