Which new iPhone will you be getting?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Face ID is kind of a huge turnoff for me. As far as my needs go I'm way more into having a FPS and the camera is the same on the 8 Plus as it is on the X.

They keep saying how easy and simple it is, but to me it seems like an awkward way to unlock a phone. Plus the swiping gestures seem annoying being that they decided to do away with the home button

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
They keep saying how easy and simple it is, but to me it seems like an awkward way to unlock a phone. Plus the swiping gestures seem annoying being that they decided to do away with the home button

They say it's easy, and it is. But it's way too many steps.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Face ID is kind of a huge turnoff for me. As far as my needs go I'm way more into having a FPS and the camera is the same on the 8 Plus as it is on the X.

The camera is not the same. The telephoto camera has a different aperture and OIS.

So I was thinking I might not upgrade from my 7+ even though I'm on my second phone with the Apple Upgrade program. After seeing the presentation though I'm thinking I might upgrade anyway and go with the 64GB X. I'm only using 42 of my 128GB 7+ right now and that's with all my photos and music stored on the phone. I had no space issues with the 64GB 6s+ I had and only did 128 because the 32GB base model on the 7's would have been too small.

I think the X is going to hit right where I'm really looking for in phone size. I came from Android 2 years ago now and thought the phone I had there was nearly the perfect size...5.25" screen in about the same form as the 6/6s/7 (not the plus models) but I didn't want to lose 1/2" of screen size so I went with the Plus models when I jumped to iPhone. X is going to be the best of both worlds, even bigger screen than the Plus but not a lot bigger than the non Plus model in physical size.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking the 8+.... but maybe the X if I can convince my husband! LOL! Seriously though... I'm really thinking the 8+... and either the silver or the gold (if it's a pinky gold!). I like white bezels, so that is not an issue for me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking the 8+.... but maybe the X if I can convince my husband! LOL! Seriously though... I'm really thinking the 8+... and either the silver or the gold (if it's a pinky gold!). I like white bezels, so that is not an issue for me.

The new gold is gorgeous

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The camera is not the same. The telephoto camera has a different aperture and OIS.

I beg your pardon! You're right! I hate to admit that I didn't dig super super deep into the camera specs. Deep, yes, but not super. I apologize!

Once upon a time in the Steve Jobs Theater I was totally overwhelmed by specs, specs, specs because all you need is love. I thought he had mentioned the cameras being the same between the Ocho Plus and the X.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Choices are very tough.. I have the 7 (Matte Black) and it's pristine, never been w/o a case or glass screen cover. What does the 8 really have that I can't do with the 7 that I would actually use.. Answer = Wireless charging. Do I need a new phone for a better way to charge? Can't justify it yet. The iPhone X, super, very exciting.. but it's about double the price after case, tax, wireless charger. Will I use all the new features, use the extra power? Nope.. do I still want it.. Yep, you betcha.. but it's going to be much harder to pull the trigger when it's $1400+ when all is said and done.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested to see how many people cave between now and X release. I was an extra good girl this spring/summer release. My wait is almost over.

Good luck, Ten Lovers!

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning toward the 256GB Space Gray 8 Plus. I won't need to buy new cases, and will have a little change to put toward a Series 3 Watch. :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested to see how many people cave between now and X release. I was an extra good girl this spring/summer release. My wait is almost over.

Good luck, Ten Lovers!

Thank you!
To be honest.. I almost wanted to skip the X and get the 8 first as I can’t be bothered to wait two extra months.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually quite happy with my 7+ but if I do decide to get a new one, it would be the 8 plus. The X is beautiful but sadly, not for me. Not interested in Face ID and all that additional swiping action won't work for me since I've recently developed tendonitis and trigger thumb which was caused/aggravated of course by excessive texting/emailing/going online on the phone which was bound to happen since that is 99.9% of my job. Ironic.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I beg your pardon! You're right! I hate to admit that I didn't dig super super deep into the camera specs. Deep, yes, but not super. I apologize!

Once upon a time in the Steve Jobs Theater I was totally overwhelmed by specs, specs, specs because all you need is love. I thought he had mentioned the cameras being the same between the Ocho Plus and the X.

You are correct, it's the same camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro