The camera is not the same. The telephoto camera has a different aperture and OIS.

I beg your pardon! You're right! I hate to admit that I didn't dig super super deep into the camera specs. Deep, yes, but not super. I apologize!

Once upon a time in the Steve Jobs Theater I was totally overwhelmed by specs, specs, specs because all you need is love. I thought he had mentioned the cameras being the same between the Ocho Plus and the X.
    09-12-2017 06:09 PM
    Choices are very tough.. I have the 7 (Matte Black) and it's pristine, never been w/o a case or glass screen cover. What does the 8 really have that I can't do with the 7 that I would actually use.. Answer = Wireless charging. Do I need a new phone for a better way to charge? Can't justify it yet. The iPhone X, super, very exciting.. but it's about double the price after case, tax, wireless charger. Will I use all the new features, use the extra power? Nope.. do I still want it.. Yep, you betcha.. but it's going to be much harder to pull the trigger when it's $1400+ when all is said and done.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:44 PM
    I am going with the iPhone X myself, can't wait until October 27 when I can preorder the device.
    And now the wait begins
    bakron1 and silver_eagle like this.
    09-12-2017 06:47 PM
    I'm interested to see how many people cave between now and X release. I was an extra good girl this spring/summer release. My wait is almost over.

Good luck, Ten Lovers!
    Jude526, zinedine and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-12-2017 07:11 PM
    I'm leaning toward the 256GB Space Gray 8 Plus. I won't need to buy new cases, and will have a little change to put toward a Series 3 Watch.
    zinedine and iamdld like this.
    09-12-2017 07:25 PM
    I'm interested to see how many people cave between now and X release. I was an extra good girl this spring/summer release. My wait is almost over.

Good luck, Ten Lovers!
    Thank you!
    To be honest.. I almost wanted to skip the X and get the 8 first as I can’t be bothered to wait two extra months.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:37 PM
    8 plus for me! Don't like Face ID, don't care for animal emojis and watching landscape videos on the X would be too awkward.
    Jude526, zinedine and iamdld like this.
    09-12-2017 07:48 PM
    As of right now,

51% iPhone 8
    49% iPhone X
    09-12-2017 07:57 PM
    I'm actually quite happy with my 7+ but if I do decide to get a new one, it would be the 8 plus. The X is beautiful but sadly, not for me. Not interested in Face ID and all that additional swiping action won't work for me since I've recently developed tendonitis and trigger thumb which was caused/aggravated of course by excessive texting/emailing/going online on the phone which was bound to happen since that is 99.9% of my job. Ironic.
    Jude526 and zinedine like this.
    09-12-2017 08:08 PM
    I beg your pardon! You're right! I hate to admit that I didn't dig super super deep into the camera specs. Deep, yes, but not super. I apologize!

Once upon a time in the Steve Jobs Theater I was totally overwhelmed by specs, specs, specs because all you need is love. I thought he had mentioned the cameras being the same between the Ocho Plus and the X.
    You are correct, it's the same camera.
    09-12-2017 08:34 PM
    I watched the keynote today at work , to see what new exciting features , devices and connects ,
    I felt the excitement of new products coming from apple , I have invested a lot of money in the
    Products I have that I had to really
    think do I really need what Apple
    Is offering at the moment .
    I work for Verizon Corp as Solutions Rep in sales , and my
    Sales of the 6s , 6s plus, 7 and 7 plus haven’t slowed down.
    I will continue to use my 7 plus , series 2 42mm Watch , IPad Pro .

as times change, so will how often
    I upgrade ...

(Really appreciate what I have )

Don’t have to keep up with the
    “Cooks” of the world
    Jude526 and M_A like this.
    09-12-2017 08:46 PM
    I miss my cellular watch. That was awesome convenience
    If the watch works with my current iPhone I will most likely get it.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:44 PM
    IPhone 8 256 gb black!
    carrickfergus and zinedine like this.
    09-12-2017 10:13 PM
    IPhone 8 256 gb black!
    Great choice! Will you be preordering it?
    09-13-2017 01:02 AM
    Great choice! Will you be preordering it?
    No not this year. I got a great deal on my wife's ip7 at Christmas last year so I think I am gonna hold out till then, see if maybe they have the deal again. Otherwise I would preorder. Plus I got a free galaxy s8 so I am enjoying that right now, along with my ip7.
    09-13-2017 06:12 AM
    I'll take a real hard look at the 8 don't know if I can wait for next sept. too many bucks in Canada for the X however next year's devices will be way more interesting .
    09-13-2017 06:21 AM
    I just figure in a year or 2 the regular iPhone will be like the iPhone x is now, all screen. That iPhone 8 space grey 256gb has my name written all over it until then.
    StraightlineBoy likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:44 AM
    I just figure in a year or 2 the regular iPhone will be like the iPhone x is now, all screen. That iPhone 8 space grey 256gb has my name written all over it until then.

That's what I'm thinking...I bet this year with the 8 and the 8 Plus, it will mark the last time they use this same form factor that they've used since the 6. Maybe next years models will be the same form as the iPhone X, with this current size as the "standard size" model and another bigger model. Just a thought.
    knotsure likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:25 PM
    Choices are very tough.. I have the 7 (Matte Black) and it's pristine, never been w/o a case or glass screen cover. What does the 8 really have that I can't do with the 7 that I would actually use.. Answer = Wireless charging. Do I need a new phone for a better way to charge? Can't justify it yet.
    If you want further justification for waiting then I'd question whether wireless charging really is better. It's another option for sure but you'll have to have a charging mat wherever you want to charge (until Apple's utopian future where every surface can charge an iPhone happens!) and let's be honest, there's still a wire. I'm still debating whether to go from iPhone 6 to 8 (definitely not X) but wireless charging is not on my list of things I will gain if I upgrade simply because I think it's overrated
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:33 PM
    Does anyone know when they will have demos in stores?
    09-13-2017 12:47 PM
    Does anyone know when they will have demos in stores?
    Demos, not until the phones are actually live, so for the 8 I think they said 9/22 and for the X 11/3.
    barker0817 likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:51 PM
    Thank you!
    To be honest.. I almost wanted to skip the X and get the 8 first as I can’t be bothered to wait two extra months.
    I already know I won't be able to wait that long. I'll be preordering the 8 Plus on Friday.
    09-13-2017 04:32 PM
    I already know I won't be able to wait that long. I'll be preordering the 8 Plus on Friday.
    Good luck!
    toneofark likes this.
    09-13-2017 10:57 PM
    My brother who talked me into switching after hearing me complain about issues has decided to trade his 6s for the 8+. He is preordering as long as Verizon doesn't crash lol
    He was on the fence about the X. But he weighed out what features benefit him the most. It's not the cost factor because he is fortunate enough he can afford it. He hates putting money into something that he won't fully use. So he decided his needs are best suited with the 8+. Smart man
    toneofark and firstborn80 like this.
    09-14-2017 12:00 AM
    My brother who talked me into switching after hearing me complain about issues has decided to trade his 6s for the 8+. He is preordering as long as Verizon doesn't crash lol
    He was on the fence about the X. But he weighed out what features benefit him the most. It's not the cost factor because he is fortunate enough he can afford it. He hates putting money into something that he won't fully use. So he decided his needs are best suited with the 8+. Smart man
    Great choice!
    The 8 Plus looks solid.
    toneofark likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:36 AM
99 1234