iPhone 8 / Apple Event Waiting Room

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
True. But some of the ninjas out there have had it right so many times that sometimes it's difficult to ignore them.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'll go with an iPhone 8 if there is any good deals around Christmas. But I won't buy it at full price, rather keep my iPhone 7.

I lied. To myself and all of you, and I am sorry. I just pre ordered a 256gb iPhone 8 space grey. When I called to confirm my order verizon said it would ship the 29th but that is could ship the 22nd. I guess I will find out.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I lied. To myself and all of you, and I am sorry. I just pre ordered a 256gb iPhone 8 space grey. When I called to confirm my order verizon said it would ship the 29th but that is could ship the 22nd. I guess I will find out.

Congratulations!
I’m contemplating whether I should get the 8.. I want the X though

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations!
I’m contemplating whether I should get the 8.. I want the X though

The X looks pretty awesome. For me the iPhone 8 is truly a one handed iPhone. I owned the 6 plus and traded to a 6s before my ip7 because the screen was just to big to be able to use the whole screen.

It never bothered me before but now with larger iPhone screens I don't like the placement of the back button (top left). The ip8 has all the new hardware except the selfie,dual cam and screen of course so I will enjoy the 8 all 256gb worth.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The X looks pretty awesome. For me the iPhone 8 is truly a one handed iPhone. I owned the 6 plus and traded to a 6s before my ip7 because the screen was just to big to be able to use the whole screen.

It never bothered me before but now with larger iPhone screens I don't like the placement of the back button (top left). The ip8 has all the new hardware except the selfie,dual cam and screen of course so I will enjoy the 8 all 256gb worth.

Although I had the iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus before it, it was really difficult for me to choose the iPhone 7 Plus over the iPhone 7. I stated shortly afterwards that my next iPhone will be the non-Plus size and I was true to my words. I ordered the iPhone 8 and didn’t once think I should have order the iPhone 8 Plus. Will I miss not having the Plus model? Maybe, but I intend on enjoying my iPhone 8 like I have with all of the iPhones I’ve had before it.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Why is it that all the ip8s on verizon are shipping the 29th but the 22nd on att, Apple and T-Mobile last I checked? I just hope mine comes in on the 22nd

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that all the ip8s on verizon are shipping the 29th but the 22nd on att, Apple and T-Mobile last I checked? I just hope mine comes in on the 22nd

I ordered a Verizon iPhone 8, and I’m scheduled to pick it up this coming Friday, the 22nd.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine the morning after the pre order started. When did you guys order yours to get that 22nd delivery? When I ordered the 256 was shipping on the 29th and the 64gb the 22nd. Now they are both shipping the 29th from Verizon but still the 22nd on att and Apple.
I'm probably just putting to much thought into it. It will happen when it happens

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine the morning after the pre order started. When did you guys order yours to get that 22nd delivery? When I ordered the 256 was shipping on the 29th and the 64gb the 22nd. Now they are both shipping the 29th from Verizon but still the 22nd on att and Apple.
I'm probably just putting to much thought into it. It will happen when it happens
Funny thing. I called Verizon two nights ago to cancel my order for the iPhone 8. The rep had me hold for maybe 15 minutes while she "cancelled" my order. Now right before I called I checked my bank to see if I was charged which would tell me the ip8 is shipping the 22nd, no charge. After my call with Verizon I checked again and wouldn't you know it, my card has been charged and the email says my order is processing. This may be a simple case of funny timing, or it could be a case of the rep not cancelling my order and putting a rush or a priority sales call on my order to send me the ip8 anyway because they know that if I receive it I am probably keeping it. Normally this tactic would most likely work on me but today I pick up a new MacBook pro so that may help me resist and just send the iPhone back. We'll see. Good day friends, enjoy your new iPhones tomorrow

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, tomorrow is Friday and after work, I’ll be heading straight to the Apple Store closest to where I live to pick up my new iPhone 8. I’m looking forward to it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m on my way to work and it’s being reported that there’s already a line at the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia for the new iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus. Wow!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m on my way to work and it’s being reported that there’s already a line at the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia for the new iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus. Wow!

I’m expecting the same over this way. My Apple store is next door so I’ll probably walk over there shortly to see the crowds. Stores open at 8 today.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I kept my iPhone 8. Despite all the fuss I put up about it earlier. Maybe I’ll keep this one for two years, lol.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I kept my iPhone 8. Despite all the fuss I put up about it earlier. Maybe I’ll keep this one for two years, lol.

I’m really enjoying my new iPhone 8 and I’m not at all missing the Plus size which tells me I made the right choice for ‘me’. This is definitely a keeper, but I don’t know about for two years....🤣

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s a great device. I’m getting use to the smaller screen again & so far so good!!!

Yes, and it’s better than I thought it would be. As for adjusting to the smaller screen, it has been effortless for me. Getting used to the smaller keyboard is more of an adjustment for ‘me’, but I’m already getting used to it. This iPhone is definitely a keeper. In fact, it has made my consideration of getting an iPhone X less likely.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73