Will we ever go back to not having leaked images?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For the most part, I disagree. Last year, everyone was so convinced that there would be a blue phone. There were other things people were convinced about too. There was no blue phone, and not all the items that folks were 100% convinced about came to fruition. Some of the hype might be true, but I'm standing by my earlier post that I'm taking a wait and see stance. Can't wait for tomorrow! And since I'm do for a new phone, I'm even more excited! :D

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally couldn't care less. If I didn't want to see any of it I would avoid the articles. I don't care about being surprised by a company or any of that. I'll buy the product as long as it does what I want and more. How I learn about these features is of no importance to me, whether thats through leaks or a presentation.

If I'm being honest, the build up to this has been more interesting than any of Apples last 4 or 5 September keynotes, lol.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the leaks, tiresome,boring and usually wrong. I would like a complete silence until the next iPhone is actually released. This would also have the benefit of shutting down all these tiresome little sods whose only function seems to be writing spectacularly pointless articles about something that doesn't matter a spit !!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of all of the leaking going on, specifically in regard to the iPhone. I would really like to watch an Apple keynote / Press Event without having a clue to what the next iPhone looks like. How do you feel about it?

I don't know. I kind of like the fact that Apple is being knocked down a peg from their pedestal. They're no different than any other tech company, so why is there a need to build all of the hype around Apple launches vs. anyone else? Sure, without leaks the keynote would be more entertaining, but then again, Apple hasn't been pushing anything revolutionary or visionary in years so yeah...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I kind of like the fact that Apple is being knocked down a peg from their pedestal. They're no different than any other tech company, so why is there a need to build all of the hype around Apple launches vs. anyone else? Sure, without leaks the keynote would be more entertaining, but then again, Apple hasn't been pushing anything revolutionary or visionary in years so yeah...

And yet the media continues to cover them, people continue to know when an iPhone is being launched even if they use other platforms and are bitter about Apple's success, and Apple continues to have monster earnings off their products, including iPhones.

Go figure.

I'm thinking there is a something indeed different about an iPhone launch.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nobody does it nearly as good as Apple.

From what I've seen, and. Asked on my memory, from the day Steve Jobs announced the first iPhone, everybody else has tried to copy what he did. EVERYBODY.

Honest question.....not rhetorical.....had anyone else done a launch like the first iPhone launch? I don't remember.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honest question.....not rhetorical.....had anyone else done a launch like the first iPhone launch? I don't remember.

Plenty. The iPhone launch wasn’t Apple’s first product launch, not by a long shot, and other companies had launches as well. Jobs reinvented the product launch and inspired it to be what it is today.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Plenty. The iPhone launch wasn’t Apple’s first product launch, not by a long shot, and other companies had launches as well. Jobs reinvented the product launch and inspired it to be what it is today.

Yeah I don't remember any. I just got phones when one caught my eye.

The first phone I remember RUNNING to get was the Motorola Razr WAY back in 2004. I saw the announcement and I just had to have it. But I don't remember waiting for a phone launch since the second iPhone. By the third one, I HAD to have it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Unequivocally NO. I would certainly remember one.

I didn't even know about the iPhone launch in January 2007 until I read about it the next day in the newspaper. Going by the article, Jobs really captured the audience. I'm almost certain 2007 is the last year that I ever kept reading physical newspapers too.