Will we ever go back to not having leaked images?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of all of the leaking going on, specifically in regard to the iPhone. I would really like to watch an Apple keynote / Press Event without having a clue to what the next iPhone looks like. How do you feel about it?

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldn’t agree more. I always look forward to their events and that hype/luster is greatly reduced with 6-12 months of leaks, rumors, and mockups leading up to the event.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I couldn’t agree more. I always look forward to their events and that hype/luster is greatly reduced with 6-12 months of leaks, rumors, and mockups leading up to the event.

Yep, and it’s getting to the point of not being fun anymore.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
To answer the question in the title: no

I strongly disagree. The hype/luster is greatly increased. We are the "P1's" so to speak which is a term used in the radio industry which signifies a hardcore listener. Then it gets to the P2's and 3's. That's the reason for the controlled leaks. To create more hype and interest with the 2's and 3's. The interest is there with 1's regardless of how many leaks there are or aren't. As a P1 I throughly enjoy the way it is now.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll ever be able to close that door and get back to what it might’ve been in the past.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Its 2017 where everything is on the internet. I see your point and understand where you are coming from. I assume like me you are an enthusiast. The "normals" don't really check all the tech channels for info of the new phones. I doubt the leaks will ever cease but you can avoid them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You have to take them with a grain of salt for sure. I find many amusing and enjoy reading about them. Some of the mock up ideas actually look good. But I know we won't know anything for sure until Apple officially announces it. I don't worry about spoilers. I'm not that into the "big surprise" aspect of the keynote. I just want to see what Apple has new to offer.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You have to take them with a grain of salt for sure. I find many amusing and enjoy reading about them. Some of the mock up ideas actually look good. But I know we won't know anything for sure until Apple officially announces it. I don't worry about spoilers. I'm not that into the "big surprise" aspect of the keynote. I just want to see what Apple has new to offer.

Yeah, the keynote is just what it is. Not a television show.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of all of the leaking going on, specifically in regard to the iPhone. I would really like to watch an Apple keynote / Press Event without having a clue to what the next iPhone looks like. How do you feel about it?

Stay off sites like this and then you will be in awe at what they show at their events..

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm sick of it too. Too late for this keynote but today I've stopped following a number of people and sites on Twitter and unsubscribed from a number of podcasts. I think too many people and websites rely on the leaks to generate clicks for it not to continue happening but I'm going to step away from it. I could spend the time gaming or learning something useful rather than listen to heated debates about the position of a Touch ID sensor, that might now turn out to be completely obsolete!

Fortunately this time it seems like there's enough big things (potentially) coming and how Apple will pitch them for me to still want to watch the keynote.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods